The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

After I had time to think about this, I would like to suggest hospice, they are very caring, and help the whole family at no charge. Near the end of my dad's life, my sister was given morphine to give to dad to ease him into the next life. She was given instructions on how to look for the signs. It was the best thing for everyone, especially my Mom. Dad basically went to sleep.
Yes, exactly...when my mom was dying, the hospice came in and talked to us...gave us some information about what to expect, how we could help mom, etc. It's all free, and they just give you the information...they are there to guide you, not make any decisions for you. But also remember that there's a certain amount of guilt on the part of the person who has to make that decision. There will always be the question in their minds, no matter what decision they make, whether it was what was best. We didn't have to take my mom off life support or anything, but one of the things Hospice told us was that sometimes the person has trouble moving on because they are afraid for the people they leave behind...that sometimes they need to know you will be ok and it's best if you let them know it's ok if they need to go. Some people will linger for days or even months because they don't want to put their loved ones through their death. I was the person who had to tell my mom it was ok....that we were all together....my brother, my husband and I, and that we would help each other to get through it if she needed to go. That we loved her and would miss her, but that we understood if that's what was best for her. And literally, 30 seconds after I told her that, she took her last breath. She was in a diabetic coma, and she waited until my husband got back from the hotel...we had stayed up all night with her while my brother went to sleep...he came back and my husband went to take a nap and shower. I called him when it seemed it was getting really close. He came back immediately, he was there for just a minute or two and we talked to her, I gave her permission to go and she went. I still have doubts about whether I did the right thing or if she thought we WANTED her to go. But perhaps the one daughter is dragging her feet because she doesn't want to be responsible for that. It IS a really hard thing to go through, and she has to live with the decision she makes for the rest of her life. I seriously would urge BOTH girls to get some counseling. As @Gabe1 said, find out what each option is and what it means....what happens, best and worst case scenarios for each. It has to be their decision, but they also have to live with it once they make it, so they should know what they are deciding. I'm so so sorry they have to do this, and that you have to watch it.

Songbird76

Well, cats will do the same thing. Our hangs around us and is usually interested in what we're doing. When we were eating in the basement, she walked around commenting on the situation. But you're right; dogs are different. They're a bit too demanding for my taste. I like cats because they are usually content to just be with you while you watch TV or do computer work. They can be demanding, but overall, they're less work and less needy than dogs.

betty rose

Good morning @betty rose. How's your tummy?
Good morning, I'm all better and rode my bike yesterday for 20 min. staying off today. Hubby now has the bug, he was up all night. Probably got it at the Drs. office. It's sunny today, with snow coming in on Friday. My daffodils are up and won't like that. Me, either! How is your day going, I know you have been up for hours.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning, I'm all better and rode my bike yesterday for 20 min. staying off today. Hubby now has the bug, he was up all night. Probably got it at the Drs. office. It's sunny today, with snow coming in on Friday. My daffodils are up and won't like that. Me, either! How is your day going, I know you have been up for hours.
That's great being able to get back on the bike. But I'm so sorry about your dh sending more pixie dust. It's sure been a rough winter on this thread. :(

Songbird76

Good grief. It was sunny and 92 here today. :cyclops: I never noticed 'cause I was never outside 'til I left for my clothing store closer. I thought it felt a bit warm-ish for 6-ish in the evenin', this time of year.
Predicted sunny and high of 92 again tomorrow. And, with the rains last week, the lake will reach 100% full, again. Should be an awesome summer 'round here...!!!!! :joyfull: :)
Rub it in, why don't you! It's a whopping 6C (43F) here.

Songbird76

I'm laughing....DS is sitting next to me playing on the computer. He's been playing for 10 minutes and it's been a non-stop commentary on everything he's doing, everything other players are doing, why that's not a smart way to play, what's really funny, etc. It's hilarious. He just goes "Bye bye, tank!!"

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!! Well had to use the inhaler last night and this morning.:banghead: Throat started closing up. Thought this stuff was behind me. I called the pharmacist to see if I could start allergy meds back. Maybe that will help my stuffy nose. I hate winter with a passion! :mad:
Really want to walk outside today. Supposed to be in the mid-70s.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning!! Well had to use the inhaler last night and this morning.:banghead: Throat started closing up. Thought this stuff was behind me. I called the pharmacist to see if I could start allergy meds back. Maybe that will help my stuffy nose. I hate winter with a passion! :mad:
Really want to walk outside today. Supposed to be in the mid-70s.
Sympathy like. We got our first pollen alert today. So far so good knock wood (@Mr Ferret 88's head:D)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom