The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Since my profile picture is from our 2014 trip to WDW and missing a certain little someone, I thought I'd show more recent photos.

Me, Hubby, and Lucas(shortly before Miya)

Miya from about a week ago.
Very cute! Your hubby looks familiar somehow, though I don't know why he would. I've never been to Nova Scotia. Maybe he has a doppelganger somewhere in the world!

Songbird76

This doesn't sound good, perhaps some physical therapy exercises might help. I hope it gets better, and not just for Disney.
Yes, I think I am going to have to go back to the doctor...I don't think it's what he said it was...that should have healed a LONG time ago, and it doesn't explain why it gets worse when I move more...why sometimes it's excruciating, and sometimes it doesn't bother me at all. He thought it was a tiny tear in the muscle capsule, told me to rest it for a week. It took 3 weeks of not walking...I didn't even take my kids to school, I let them walk themselves, before it felt better. Even then I had to be careful how I stepped. So I think it's something different.

Songbird76

Here on Throwback Thursday, I feel compelled to send a message to my younger self -

Dear 20-something year old Buddy Thomas -

That's a nice flock of seagulls haircut you were sporting. How did you pull that off with a straight face?

But on a more serious note, thanks a lot for taking out about $60,000 in student loans, and thanks also for applying for 16 thousand credit cards and getting approved for all of them, and thanks for maxing them out as soon as possible on all sorts of extravagant Disney and other vacations and stuff you couldn't afford. I get it. You grew up totally poor with no resources whatsoever, and for Christmas, all you got was a rock, so as soon as credit card companies started approving you for $10,000 credit limits, even though you were just a college student, majoring in theater of all things (!!!!!!), you bit. And you bit many, many times.

You had a great time! Many, many great times. Like this great time, when you were bartending in Florida, and at the end of the night, you and your fellow bartenders decided to go to Disney World on the spur of the moment. And when you went home to get ready, you threw all your tips on the floor and rolled in them with a credit card you couldn't afford in your mouth.

View attachment 133707

Yes, Young Buddy, you were a total tool. But at least you had a good time.

Well now I would like you to know that because of you, I now live in my forties paycheck to paycheck and if I want to go on a vacation anywhere, it takes two years to plan it and save for it.

See, you're rolling in money - you are literally rolling in money - which I think was the point of that photo - all the bartenders thought it was funny to be "rolling in money" - but you did not have any responsibilities except to pour drinks for 10 hour shifts, and not a clue about the world. Except maybe Disney World. You had a clue about that world. And apparently, that was not enough. ;)
You sound exactly like my brother...except for the majoring in theater part. He majored in English. But otherwise, yep...you could be him.

betty rose

Good morning @figmentfan423 ! Trying to get a little "ketchup" in. How are you this fine day? We have been having some serious spring weather, and I am loving it! Even turned the heat off and had the windows open. Probably the first time since October.
I'm going to have a little spring this week-end. I can't wait, I've been cooped up in this house far too long. Good mid morning to you@MouseDreaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom