The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

It was a joke...Saturday night live? Coffee talk with Linda Richman...and she always says "Talk amongst yourselves....here....I'll give you a topic" and then the topic is always something like "The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire.....discuss" or "The Chick pea is neither a chick, nor a pea...discuss". "Duran Duran is neither Duran nor Duran....discuss." "Rhode Island is neither a Road nor an Island...discuss." So when @Mickey Ears said to talk amongst ourselves, I said she forgot to give us a topic. Then she suggested "The Country Bear Jamboree" so fitting the coffee talk format, it has to be "The Country Bear Jamboree is neither a Country nor a Jamboree." or something similar.
Actually had to look this up. I stopped watching SNL after the original cast all left. IMO none on there could replace them.

MouseDreaming

Yeah, he looks so happy with his Kale treat. :hungover:
jacks+eating+kale.jpg
What a cutie!:inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning @figmentfan423 ! Trying to get a little "ketchup" in. How are you this fine day? We have been having some serious spring weather, and I am loving it! Even turned the heat off and had the windows open. Probably the first time since October.
same here open windows and no heat!!!!!!!! It's wonderful and I even got birthday wishes from Mr Pots so life is good:joyfull:

MouseDreaming

: 0 So you had a bad day....

Western Suburbs of Chicago

12705596_1100273839996212_1239907012237752889_n.jpg

12697148_1100273976662865_6416505662565545281_o.jpg

Police officer saw a car driving southbound on a main road with a 15-foot tree embedded in the front grill of the car. Stopping the driver, he also noticed the airbags had been deployed (apparently from hitting the tree). After an investigation, the officer arrested the driver for DUI.
Actually, right by me. The best part? She couldn't remember where she hit the tree.:facepalm:

MouseDreaming

Thank you ever so much! Still no meal or cake here:mad: My dh is excused he got stuck a little later than he thought he would yesterday and he's working today. My boys on the other hand :mad: They might be sleeping out in the tent tonight. My youngest did ask for a loan to get his girlfriend a gift for her birthday:mad::rolleyes::cautious::banghead::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::eek::eek::eek:
If I told my DD to sleep out in the tent, she would probably hug me and say thanks!

Songbird76

In fairness to the Staff my Dad is not a good patient. Difficult doesn't cover it and he tends to believe nurses are his personal servers to cater to his every whim and doesn't care they have many patients to care for. Still when dealing with the Elderly and you're a professional you can either escalate or deescalate the situation. They have an alarm on his bed since he disobeys orders to stay put but he kept getting up and sounding alarms all night. So I gave the night staff credit. They had an orderly come to his room, rolled his bed into the hallway right in front of the nurses station so he was being watched. No TV, nothing to do. They put him in Time Out.

Have to appreciate there are people in the world that are kind like you encountered. The hospital in the City where my Dad is its massive. I'd actually like him to be in the other option for a hospital. He knows this hospital because he was a contractor for many of the additions and remodels, he knows every nook. That is why he isn't taking it well that they put an alarm on his bed. Can't sneak off to the employees cafeteria lol.
Oh the poor nurses!! Hilarious that they put him in time out though. The nurse with the sense of humor told us that you'd be amazed what some of the people call nurses for. She liked mom because mom never called her for trivial stuff....like "Could you please move this cup 3 inches to the left? " They have these trays that are attached to the bed and just swing away when you don't need it, but you can move it towards you so that you can reach something. Some people are just REALLY lazy and don't want to move the tray, so they call the nurse to move something into their reach that they could have easily gotten just by swinging the tray toward them. So we waited until it was quiet at night...that's the thing about the small hospital. There was only one other person on mom's wing so the nurses at night weren't being run ragged like they are in big cities. There's some time to play. So we waited until it was quiet, Mary had been sitting at the nurses station for quite a while, so we called her to move mom's cup for her...even though we were sitting right there. She just giggled and asked if she'd like her butt scratched while she was there. That's the kind of sense of humor she had. She was so much fun. She cried with us when mom died...mom had been one of her favorite patients and she had loved seeing us in the halls, making jokes with the nursing staff, never being demanding or yelling at them when they didn't answer the call in 2 seconds. I wish I had been in a hospital like that when my daughter was born. I only had to stay one night because dd was born in the evening and had to wait until a doctor had checked her out before going home...she was a big baby. 9 lbs 4 oz, so they needed to do a diabetes test and all the doctors had gone home for the evening. But I HATED it that one night. The nurses weren't very friendly, they were overworked, and they didn't listen when I said my bladder was overly full but I couldn't go. It took me over an hour to finally get them to put a catheter back in and then they realized just how uncomfortable I must have been and that I wasn't exaggerating or being a whiner. But in a big hospital they are just so overworked they don't really have time to give every patient the time they need. It's good that you recognize your dad isn't a good patient and you aren't making demands on them that they can't meet. I think nurses tend to get a lot of that from stressed out family members who take it out on them.

StarWarsGirl

There is a lack of bench's, but we pretty much know how to plan our day at the two parks, Epcot and Magic Kingdom. When we get tired we go to the nearest thing to sit on, sometimes we have to get creative.;)
I sprained my ankle while at WDW two years ago and limped around for four more days. Sometimes, the ground or a three inch wall was sufficient for a break.

Songbird76

Ha! People are scary.

As far as driving from town to town in that area there are about 12 communities in a spattering around there that it can take about 2 minutes to go from town to town line with an addition of some small unincorporated areas. So her hometown could have been a couple blocks from there in that section of the county. For the most part those small towns are pretty peaceful so this is something that they will always remember.
Yeah, it could be....the article said her home town was "just north of" the town where she was arrested. But I read somewhere that the police had been tipped off by someone about the situation, so someone had to have called the police and police had to have time to respond. Still...hilarious, and good that no one was injured. It said when the officer approached, he noticed that the airbag had been deployed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom