The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You sound exactly like me.

Yeah, I do so much around the home, I never started the Mowing thing. I've done it once, our first home plus my folks and their neighbors one fall when my folks were in Europe. DH ripped out his ACL and he was to do it...no choice. A one time only late fall and promptly forgot the ability to mow. Not happening.

Gabe1

We already had winter here.

The entire thing came and went in one weekend.

Early March isn't Spring here. We've had Blizzards in April, light snow in early May. I remain guarded but boy has it been a nice, special treat. I dragged Wally outside today and scrubbed him down real well. He didn't enjoy his day but he smells really good.

Gabe1

@Gabe1 , any update about your dad? I hope he's doing better than the other day.

It is a mystery. He is still in the hospital. They got his heart rate under control with a drip but everytime he gets up to use the facilities or walk around it spikes again. They gave him an Echo today and tomorrow will scope him as his lungs have been retaining water despite water pills.

Send prayers to the nurses. He isn't a good patient. I'm sure they want to pinch him really hard about now. I really wish the Doc would just give him a sleeping pill at night to knock him out. It would spare the night staff.

StarWarsGirl

Early March isn't Spring here. We've had Blizzards in April, light snow in early May. I remain guarded but boy has it been a nice, special treat. I dragged Wally outside today and scrubbed him down real well. He didn't enjoy his day but he smells really good.
And that is why I do not live in Illinois.

We'll occasionally see snow in March (like we did last Friday) but it melt very quickly. January and February are our big snow months. Average this time of year (they were just saying on the news) is 51. We're expected to break some records the next two days. By the time my birthday rolls around in April, we're used to 70s, sometimes 80s.

At least this year we seem to be getting a spring. Most years lately it's been cold, cold, cold, cold, warm, HOT. In between, like what we are currently having, is more rare.

Gabe1

Yep, I totally agree with most of your post, as I've read 7 Disney biographies over the years.
My point was, simply, that if it weren't for Walt, Roy would've probably worked at a bank the rest of his life, and it wouldn't have been nearly the adventure that it was...! ;) :)

Yes I agree. But without Roy Walt would have likely not have been successful and WDW would not have become what it is today without Roy. Walt would have not even pulled the purchases of land for WDW if it wasn't for Roy's business sense. Walt was the creative brother, Roy was the facilitator that knew when to pull the reins so Walt had the financial stability to make it happen without going into bankruptcy. Roy knew how to make it happen. Walt had the imagination to create the impossible. One without the other and it wouldn't have happened. A match made in heaven.

Gabe1

Things are going wrong in the medical profession. We had another bad encounter with the Dr.s assistant last week. This guy is really snarky.

They held my Dad 4 hours in the ER room in a wheelchair after Doc said to admit him awaiting a room. He is 87. Crazy. He was so agitated and he isn't a good patient to start with. I was driving in, my Mom had already went home cause she can't drive at night. My Sis called from Ohio for an update while I was making my pilgrimage in and the RN nursing station got snarky with my Sis. Being the very good attorney that she is she had things to say.

When I got there they wouldn't let me back for a good 20 minutes in the ER room. When they finally did it was Oh he is in transit to a room
Crazy nuts. When I got to his room he was pleasant until the RN told him to speak softy and riled him up again. They should have taken me seriously when I told them to give him his sleeping pill at 10pm. Sometimes Daughter knows best.

Gabe1

THNX I was thinking more for cute than distance. For my real walking I have Reebok trail runners. It's about the only one I've found that really holds up for me.

Sketchers for me I can't even do cute anymore without my feet hurting since they changed the inner soles. I can correct it with the Dr. Scholl's inserts with arch supports. They are $6 at Walmart. I'm disappointed cause I had had good luck with Sketchers for so many years.
I use to always buy a new pair of Reebok Princess' each trip for a decade. Then they messed with the quality too. Moved onto New Balance and then they too messed with the quality. I'm hoping Asics holds true to quality. Under Armour is now the new kid on the block for support so maybe there will be an alternative should Asics go down that cost trimming road. Not like I'm cheap with footwear but good golly If I'm paying quality prices I sure want my feet to feel good.

Gabe1

Oh no. Sympathy like all the way around.
Do they have any clue what's going on, yet?!
Prayers...

Not a freak'n clue yet. A couple weeks ago when they couldn't find the cause for the high heart rate they just released him :cyclops:

I can't wrap my brain around the yes your heart has an issue but we don't know what it is and can't figure it out so go home. What the heck?

Gabe1

And that is why I do not live in Illinois.

We'll occasionally see snow in March (like we did last Friday) but it melt very quickly. January and February are our big snow months. Average this time of year (they were just saying on the news) is 51. We're expected to break some records the next two days. By the time my birthday rolls around in April, we're used to 70s, sometimes 80s.

At least this year we seem to be getting a spring. Most years lately it's been cold, cold, cold, cold, warm, HOT. In between, like what we are currently having, is more rare.

I wish we didn't live in Illinois too.

I'm am just thankful for the days of spring that we haven't been getting for the last 5 years until late April. We have had too many harsh winters so these few days I am embracing. We didn't get HOT last year at all. I'm OK without HOT, I am perfectly fine with cozy warm.

Songbird76

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I slept LOL dh has another crazy schedule this week. at least tomorrow and Thursday are regular. Friday and Saturday he has a 5am start and he'll be home early.
Hey, sleeping is fun! I actually went to bed early on Sunday and Monday nights because I felt so tired. And I don't even have to start work at 5! That sounds insane and like you NEED sleep! How was the live blog yesterday?

Songbird76

Yeah, I don't quite understand the process, but my lawyer said the judge we have doesn't like to made decisions and would rather have others assess instead. So they're doing a parent evaluation, but not a full one, although it should definitely pick up Mr. Donkey's jerkiness, which will benefit my case.

He's all moved out, thankfully, and for the most part he's been quiet, except yesterday he emails me asking why I didn't inform him of our daughter spending the night at my mom's on Friday. It took a lot of effort not to be snarky and tell him "because I never agreed to right of first refusal when we created our temporary agreement idiot!!"
Why should she need permission to stay at her grandma's? Does he really think it's a bad environment for her? How does he not see that it's your DAUGHTER he's pulling apart? Most kids LOVE their grandparents...but if she think she's doing something wrong by going to spend time with Grandma, that she has to choose either him or you or her, that's a terrible burden to put on a child. I'm so sorry...I really hope the evaluation shows that sort of thing. She needs ALL the people who love her in her life.

Songbird76

Oh yay. Apparently there's a guy in a van with a gun across the street from my office, in the parking lot of city hall. I guess he didn't want to go to jury duty?
Oh yikes! Are you on lockdown? How scary. I guess that's one way to get out of jury duty...but next time he sees a jury it might be for his own trial. I think I'd rather do jury duty!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom