The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Ah, they cleared it! We are safe again. That was quick! :)
That's a relief!! No matter how quick it is, it's still scary. How's your heart? I remember once when I was in high school, there was a guy on the next street who had a gun and was threatening to commit suicide. They called all the people with kids in the area and told us we couldn't go to school because it was dangerous to go outside in case of stray bullets if he started shooting. We had to sit away from windows, which is really hard in a trailer house. It only last 30 mins or so, but it was still pretty scary.

Songbird76

That's really bad service, seems to be the way of the world anymore. Sorry you are still going through this. I hate the laundry mat, usually so hot and humid, in there. I hope you get this resolved soon.
At this point, I'd welcome the laundry mat just to have clean stuff...and hey, it would give me time to read. I just want clean clothes!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is a mystery. He is still in the hospital. They got his heart rate under control with a drip but everytime he gets up to use the facilities or walk around it spikes again. They gave him an Echo today and tomorrow will scope him as his lungs have been retaining water despite water pills.

Send prayers to the nurses. He isn't a good patient. I'm sure they want to pinch him really hard about now. I really wish the Doc would just give him a sleeping pill at night to knock him out. It would spare the night staff.
Sending prayers and pixie dust for your family and the hospital staff. May today bring good news. xoxo

Songbird76

It was very tiring, but being our first trip, we were looking at everything and our daughter's reaction, so we didn't think about it until we got back to the room. My arms got a real workout!
I bet you were BUFF!!! At least in the arms and legs....walking a lot and carrying a small human! Curious....how was your back? I always found my back ached when I had to carry a munchkin for any length of time.

Songbird76

One of the many reasons why we never went until the youngest was almost 7 years old. They just walked along with us. It heightened our overall enjoyment by a considerable amount.
I'm actually dreading all the walking with DD. DS is in pretty good shape. He plays soccer 3 times a week and loves sports. He has some endurance built up. DD hates all the walking and her legs get tired pretty quickly. Last time we were at Disney, DS was 2 and DD was 4. Both of them pretty much stayed in the stroller most of the time. DD walked a bit, but we had a stroller for each of them, so there was always the option to sit. DS stayed in the stroller except for pictures and rides. He even took naps in the stroller. We'd just stay in the park and take turns with attractions or go get something to eat while he slept. He'd just conk out and we could keep moving. The strollers were kind of a Godsend. Now they are too old for strollers, so I have to wonder how it will go.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm actually dreading all the walking with DD. DS is in pretty good shape. He plays soccer 3 times a week and loves sports. He has some endurance built up. DD hates all the walking and her legs get tired pretty quickly. Last time we were at Disney, DS was 2 and DD was 4. Both of them pretty much stayed in the stroller most of the time. DD walked a bit, but we had a stroller for each of them, so there was always the option to sit. DS stayed in the stroller except for pictures and rides. He even took naps in the stroller. We'd just stay in the park and take turns with attractions or go get something to eat while he slept. He'd just conk out and we could keep moving. The strollers were kind of a Godsend. Now they are too old for strollers, so I have to wonder how it will go.
Is there any chance of getting your dd out walking before you go? My boys have always been good with the walking but they are active to begin with. Hopefully Mickey has some pixie dust for her stamina.

Songbird76

Not on that site, but I wish she could just publish a book of all her short short stories.
Well, in a way, she has. Pottermore is HER site that she runs and writes the content for, and the trailer for the story is like a book...I could post a link for you if you'd like. The nice thing about this is it's a free website....if she published a paper book, we'd have to pay for it.

Songbird76

pretty usual for apartments here.. Specially since the apartments being built lately (since the 2010's) have the tendency of having ridiculously small washing/cleaning stations.
Before, you could easily fit a huge dyer and a washer in the same room and have room to spare.
Most houses here don't even HAVE a washing station. People put the machines in the bathroom or kitchen. The hookup here was in the bathroom. But, I refused that as I HAVE to have a bathtub and there wasn't room for both. Most people in the Netherlands also don't have bathtubs....out of all the people I know, I only know one other person with a bathtub. It's considered a luxury here. There was also a hookup in the kitchen that could be used for either a dishwasher or a washing machine. I refuse to haul all of my dirty clothes through the area where I prepare food. GROSS. So, we asked hubby's uncles...one is a plumber, one is a contractor, how hard it would be to make a hookup in a large closet that sits directly over the kitchen hookup. No problem....drill a hole through the floor and run a pipe down to the kitchen hookup and join it there. Easy peezy. So I have a whole closet just for the washer and dryer....they just fit with enough room to put a box of detergent in next to it, and a box for laundry in front of it. My mother-in-law thought it was too much luxury...she kept calling me, telling me she had figured out a place for my washer and dryer!! I could put it in the bathroom! I told her I had already said no to that. Then she'd call me and said "You could put it in the kitchen!!!" and I told her I had already said no to that. And then she called me and said "You could get rid of the toilet downstairs and put it in there!" and I said "No, because I need a 2nd toilet...it's nice to have in case someone's sick, or for parties so people don't have to go upstairs to go to the bathroom." So she said "You are going to HAVE to make a choice!" and I asked her why. "Well, you don't have a water hookup anywhere else!" and I reminded her that we were making one in the closet, AND that it had already been consulted on and approved by the plumber and contractor. Periodically, she'd call me and say she had found a solution!!! And it was always one of those three options...bathroom, kitchen, or downstairs toilet. But in every one of those scenarios, I had to sacrifice something and/or climb stairs with a basket full of laundry. Why should I when there was another perfectly good option that didn't require me to give anything up or go up and down stairs carrying a big laundry basket (which is REALLY unsafe on Dutch stairs which are steep and narrow)? My mother-in-law's answer was "-I- didn't have all that in MY first home! I had to go upstairs to do laundry." My answer was "Yes, well -I- don't HAVE to, because I can put it in the closet and it solves everything." She even tried to tell the plumber and contractor it was going into the bathroom...she was there when they came and offered to show them where everything was supposed to go. If I hadn't been walking by right then to say no, the plan had NOT changed, and in fact it was still going in the closet, I would have had to call them back to have them put it where I said in the first place. But the Dutch consider all of that a luxury. A friend of mine who is American married a Dutchman and he wouldn't get a dryer for her...everything had to be hung, and he wouldn't let her have a dishwasher. Those were just luxuries...she didn't need them. No, HE wouldn't do the laundry or the dishes, but she didn't need all that expensive stuff, and houses are so small that there's not ROOM in most places. I have a pretty decent sized house by Dutch standards, but a house in the States could probably eat our house for breakfast. And yet, we don't have stacked washer and dryers like the one in that picture...BUT, the real down side to that setup is that they are attached...if one breaks, you have to replace BOTH.

Songbird76

Ok Bets @betty rose her ya go, the latest update that is now trending on Facebook

OMG, you just made my day. That it hilarious! It's one thing to see the pictures, but to actually be able to see it going down the street with a big tree coming out of it is priceless. I read on MSN last night that the woman failed field sobriety tests and that she told the officers she had hit the tree somewhere in her hometown, but didn't remember where exactly. So she actually drove from one town to another....with a tree stuck to her car!!

Songbird76

They held my Dad 4 hours in the ER room in a wheelchair after Doc said to admit him awaiting a room. He is 87. Crazy. He was so agitated and he isn't a good patient to start with. I was driving in, my Mom had already went home cause she can't drive at night. My Sis called from Ohio for an update while I was making my pilgrimage in and the RN nursing station got snarky with my Sis. Being the very good attorney that she is she had things to say.

When I got there they wouldn't let me back for a good 20 minutes in the ER room. When they finally did it was Oh he is in transit to a room
Crazy nuts. When I got to his room he was pleasant until the RN told him to speak softy and riled him up again. They should have taken me seriously when I told them to give him his sleeping pill at 10pm. Sometimes Daughter knows best.
That sounds like a nightmare!!! Sympathy like. I'm so glad I never encountered that with either of my parents. When my mom was in the hospital (her blood pressure dropped dangerously low for no apparent reason...she was undergoing chemo and radiation, but it didn't seem to be related), we could call any time and get information. There was ONE time I called and the nurse didn't know who I was and wouldn't put me through to her, but the next time I called, I let mom know and she chewed that nurse up one side and down the other that her children were to be patched through no matter what time it was. And then when we went to visit her, they knew we had driven all day to get there in snow, had gotten a flat tire and had to drive 75 miles on a donut to get to the closest town which just happened to be one of the 2 largest towns in Wyoming...we had called ahead and they kept a garage open just for us to get the tire replaced so we could drive another 150 miles to get to the hospital (Thank you Casper Sam's club garage!!) so we got to the hospital LATE at night and well after visiting hours, but those nurses were AMAZING. Visiting hours did not apply to the Osborn children. We were allowed to just sit in her room all night and mom's favorite nurse had such a great sense of humor. She was teaching a first aid class the next day and had a CPR dummy out on a bed in a room down the hall. We went and raided the nurses lounge for a styrofoam cup and turned it into a party hat, used toilet paper for a tie, and put a pair of my husband's broken sunglasses on it. The nurse thought it was hilarious. I suppose it depends on where you are...this was podunk nowhere...tiny little hospital with only a couple of halls and a small staff who had all seen us numerous times when we came with mom for surgery or chemo treatments. It wasn't anonymous like a big city hospital would be. But even with my dad and his strokes, I could call any time and the nurses knew I was calling from overseas. Even though that was in a much bigger hospital, they were always VERY helpful. I'm sorry your dad got stuck with an idiot. I really do think most nurses are great...they have a hard job, but she should have understood someone being hard of hearing. And sticking him in a wheelchair for 4 hours??? What were they thinking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom