The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I'm actually dreading all the walking with DD. DS is in pretty good shape. He plays soccer 3 times a week and loves sports. He has some endurance built up. DD hates all the walking and her legs get tired pretty quickly. Last time we were at Disney, DS was 2 and DD was 4. Both of them pretty much stayed in the stroller most of the time. DD walked a bit, but we had a stroller for each of them, so there was always the option to sit. DS stayed in the stroller except for pictures and rides. He even took naps in the stroller. We'd just stay in the park and take turns with attractions or go get something to eat while he slept. He'd just conk out and we could keep moving. The strollers were kind of a Godsend. Now they are too old for strollers, so I have to wonder how it will go.
In my opinion, the older they get the better. Now that doesn't mean that there won't be a certain amount of whining about being tired and can't walk anymore. My litmus test was to watch how they reacted when something they really wanted to do came up. They would whine and complain about how exhausted they were for hours and when we finally would leave the degree of speed and energy they were able to generate to get into the hotel pool was similar to a tornado. They have a way of being selectively "exhausted".

That's not to say that if they aren't fairly active generally, that the new routine will cause a little fatigue, but, unless there is a serious medical issue, it probably won't kill them. Just imagine how you would feel walking around on those young flexible, pain free legs. Just as a side note, that I think helps is to remember to slow down your pace. They have to take two steps for your every one, so whatever pace you maintain becomes twice as much for them. The legs are strong, but, they are also very short. No long strides are possible. Take your time and there should not be any problem and the real bonus is how fast they fall asleep in the evening.

Songbird76

Is there any chance of getting your dd out walking before you go? My boys have always been good with the walking but they are active to begin with. Hopefully Mickey has some pixie dust for her stamina.
I've been telling her we need to go out walking, but I'm worried about my hip, too. I may have to see the doctor soon and see if he can do anything so I can start a walking regime. If I work 2 days in a row, I can't walk the next day. I'll never make it through 10 days of disney at this rate.

Songbird76

In my opinion, the older they get the better. Now that doesn't mean that there won't be a certain amount of whining about being tired and can't walk anymore. My litmus test was to watch how they reacted when something they really wanted to do came up. They would whine and complain about how exhausted they were for hours and when we finally would leave the degree of speed and energy they were able to generate to get into the hotel pool was similar to a tornado. They have a way of being selectively "exhausted".

That's not to say that if they aren't fairly active generally, that the new routine will cause a little fatigue, but, unless there is a serious medical issue, it probably won't kill them. Just imagine how you would feel walking around on those young flexible, pain free legs. Just as a side note, that I think helps is to remember to slow down your pace. They have to take two steps for your every one, so whatever pace you maintain becomes twice as much for them. The legs are strong, but, they are also very short. No long strides are possible. Take your time and there should not be any problem and the real bonus is how fast they fall asleep in the evening.
Very true!! This is DS on our last trip after a day of Disney, and he wasn't even walking:
100_4350.JPG

Goofyernmost

or called global warming but yes weather seems to have a mind of its own. We have video when we (sister and I) were younger of a snowstorm in April. You get that today and it's like why a snowstorm in April?
I am the first to admit that there is a climate change happening at the moment, but, any serious problems will probably not happen during our lifetime, at least mine. Things change constantly. Twenty five years ago, upon returning from WDW to Vermont when we got home the temperature was over 60. That was March 1st. The snow was gone and it never returned that year. Twenty five years ago that happened and at the time there was no concern at all because so many people had witnessed the fluctuation of weather that happens all the time. I think I told the story here already but when I was 5 years old, 63 years ago, I was panicked because there was no snow and it was warm and I couldn't figure out how Santa was going to be able to land his sled. Probably around 30 years ago, I remember washing my car outside on Christmas day and the was in northern Vermont. Odd weather patterns are not cause for undue alarm... just remember last winter. Even global warming (climate change) doesn't happen that fast.

Oh, and by the way, if we are in a true climate change there is nothing we can do about it. It happens as a matter of course on the planet. The ice ages followed by global warming happened before any of us were here to pollute.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I've been telling her we need to go out walking, but I'm worried about my hip, too. I may have to see the doctor soon and see if he can do anything so I can start a walking regime. If I work 2 days in a row, I can't walk the next day. I'll never make it through 10 days of disney at this rate.
Have you looked into renting a wheel chair or scooter? With your hip being the way it is it may be a good idea to at least look into it. Good luck

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@betty rose please stay away from the news and rumor section today. I don't want you to get upset about a silly rumor.
Oy vey Figgy thats like telling one of your kids "Don't do that " you know the first thing that they are going to do when you are not looking :cautious:
try this instead

Hey @betty rose look at this
28339.jpg

;) :angelic:

Mickey Ears

I want one. I just realized that LOL. But our @betty rose is too mature to do something like that unlike a certain misbehaving Ferret:angelic:
Now this is a misbehaving Ferret. :)
332026161_280eafddb1.jpg

StarWarsGirl

or called global warming but yes weather seems to have a mind of its own. We have video when we (sister and I) were younger of a snowstorm in April. You get that today and it's like why a snowstorm in April?
Maybe up near you. In MD, we've rarely had snow in April (according to both my parents, who grew up here).
Last year at this time, we were having record lows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom