The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Mickey Ears

Have you read the books? You get SOOOO much more background and in depth with the books. If you haven't read them, I highly recommend it. I find that they go REALLY fast, because they are actually geared towards a younger audience, so they aren't hard to read.
Yes, I haven't read them multiple time but each book I have read once. I like the books better than the movies even though the movies are also fantastic.

Songbird76

You bet! I sang to Daughter. I'm glad kids are tone deaf, at least I hope they are!
I sang to mine when they slept. Still do sometimes. They get to pick a song or a story before bedtime. DD's favorite is La La Loo from Lady and the Tramp. Almost 3 years ago now, I had to go back home to arrange some stuff for my dad and it was a last minute trip and we couldn't afford for the whole family to go. So it was just me, and I had to skype in at bedtime here every day to sing them their bedtime songs.

Mickey Ears

Time for more walking. Later
I would love to do a nice stroller walk, but it is 6 degrees celsius here which is like 43 degrees F. I am afraid to take little Miya even all wrapped up out in 40 degree weather just being over 1 month old for a long walk. I don't have a problem with my 3 year old being out there, but a tiny one like her I am a bit scared. Momma needs to get her bod back and lose some baby fat.

Songbird76

They are pretty much biodegradable by now aren't they? I don't know, I have been away from that situation for a long time and, hopefully, a few years before I'll need them again.
I know over here there's a recycling program. We worked it out with a day care center that we could just throw ours in their bin to be recycled. Saved on our trash pick up, and was better for the environment.

Mickey Ears

I sang to mine when they slept. Still do sometimes. They get to pick a song or a story before bedtime. DD's favorite is La La Loo from Lady and the Tramp. Almost 3 years ago now, I had to go back home to arrange some stuff for my dad and it was a last minute trip and we couldn't afford for the whole family to go. So it was just me, and I had to skype in at bedtime here every day to sing them their bedtime songs.
I sang Baby Mine to my Son all the time and now I do the same with my baby girl. I certainly don't have the best of singing voices.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I learned that when I was about 10 years old and we went to my grandparents house for our regular Sunday visit. We pulled into the yard and there was my grandfather, jackknife in hand, slickly cutting off the heads of chickens that I had spent a half summer taking care of. :eek: He would snip off their heads and fling them to one side where they ran around for a few seconds, headless and into everything that was in the way.** Once they stopped my grandmother would throw them into boiling water so that the feathers would pull out easily. After that they "dressed them" and prepared them for the freezer.

Know what they had for dinner that afternoon? Of course, chicken. Did I eat any? No, but, I quickly got over the trauma and now consume my own large hen house equivalency per year. Never lost that image from my mind though. Country living is no where near as tranquil as people would leave you to believe.:in pain:
Actually, looking back, that part was pretty funny. Hence the phrase..."running around like a chicken with it's head cut off".
We have a friend of ours who raises fryers. You tell him how many you want at the start of the season, he buys the chicks, raises them, butchers them and packages them. He then sells them by the amount of $ he put into them. We usually get a couple dozen. They are all 10 - 12 pounds and we end up paying somewhere around $8 a piece. They go into the chest freezer with the packages of ham and beef! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Songbird76

Hey y'all, court went as well as can be expected although our trial is scheduled for September. :banghead:

So we settled on temporary support but custody is still up in the air and status quo until Sept.

But the good news is I'm at my happy place now, as evidenced by this sign.

View attachment 133484
Were you supposed to take care of custody yesterday? What a bummer that you have to wait until September...and so sad or your daughter. 6 more months of being his ping pong ball. At least you got the support worked out. I'm assuming he's completely moved out now? Yay for your happy place!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom