The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I can't remember if I tried Reebok. They have a New Balance store near my house but they have to wait on you meaning there is only the displays in the front store area. I'm selective. I don't like a lot of white on my sneakers. Shoes were horrible...so bad I ended up getting my favorite one out of the ones that didn't really fit me but it fit close enough.
Sympathy like. There's a Reebok outlet close enough to me it's worth the drive as they're always running some type of buy one get one type of sale. It's usually at least 2 pairs in my house and sometimes more.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The only sneakers that fit me are New Balance. I'm a medium to narrow foot. And pretty much everything in stores are medium to wide, I'll need to go shopping at zappos.

My feet are average sized, but I find that New Balance are the absolute best shoes out there. I have a few pair of their walking shoes (different colors--no white--can't stand all white sneakers), and they're excellent and worth the price.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm a little excited.....for our June WDW trip hubby and I are doing a day apart and then meeting at Trader Sams later. He is going golfing and I just scored a Dining with an Imagineer reservation for me! I really wanted to do this but by the time I first looked for a reservation it was booked, so tonight I was just playing around and found one spot open on the day we are doing our own thing ! It was meant to be. I hope I get a good Imagineer, I won't find out who it is until check in. Has anyone ever done this?

This is something I would spend money on. I've always wanted to do this, and from everything I've read, you will not be disappointed.

MOXOMUMD

Very strict. It's either gravy (with meat) or marinara (sans meat) There are even a few gravy competitions (similar to BBQ competition) around here. Tomato sauce is an ingredient that goes in something not food. I hope that explained things a bit
I've never heard that. Around here (and having southern roots :) ) gravy is something that goes on almost everything and homemade is done with drippings left from your cooked meat and not made with tomatoes. What you explained would definitely be called sauce.

Goofyernmost

sadly, not an option. We were supposed to learn with everything icky inside the chicken..
I learned that when I was about 10 years old and we went to my grandparents house for our regular Sunday visit. We pulled into the yard and there was my grandfather, jackknife in hand, slickly cutting off the heads of chickens that I had spent a half summer taking care of. :eek: He would snip off their heads and fling them to one side where they ran around for a few seconds, headless and into everything that was in the way.** Once they stopped my grandmother would throw them into boiling water so that the feathers would pull out easily. After that they "dressed them" and prepared them for the freezer.

Know what they had for dinner that afternoon? Of course, chicken. Did I eat any? No, but, I quickly got over the trauma and now consume my own large hen house equivalency per year. Never lost that image from my mind though. Country living is no where near as tranquil as people would leave you to believe.:in pain:
Actually, looking back, that part was pretty funny. Hence the phrase..."running around like a chicken with it's head cut off".

Last edited:

Songbird76

Sympathy like. I know your pain. When our old washer died it took a few days to get a new one. I lucked out and the one I wanted was on sale but I was still with out a washer for a while. I had to go to the laundry mat:depressed::hungover::grumpy: I only did what was absolutely needed to hold us over.
Yep...well, we don't have a laundry mat so I take mine to my in-laws' house on the weekend, do about 10 loads to get it all done, then hall it all back on Sunday. We've spent the last 2 weekends doing laundry there. Whirlpool finally called today. I'm quite angry actually. The store where we bought the machine doesn't want to take the word of the repairman I called. They want to hear it from Whirlpool themselves....who never called when they were supposed to. Hubby called them today and they finally called to make an appointment...and she told me that they charge 50 euros just to look at it. Now, -I- did not ask them to come and look at it...the STORE wants them to come and look at it. Why should I invest 50 more euros in a machine that is broken, to tell me what I already know, and then have to pay for a new machine as well? Talk about milking the customers.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yep...well, we don't have a laundry mat so I take mine to my in-laws' house on the weekend, do about 10 loads to get it all done, then hall it all back on Sunday. We've spent the last 2 weekends doing laundry there. Whirlpool finally called today. I'm quite angry actually. The store where we bought the machine doesn't want to take the word of the repairman I called. They want to hear it from Whirlpool themselves....who never called when they were supposed to. Hubby called them today and they finally called to make an appointment...and she told me that they charge 50 euros just to look at it. Now, -I- did not ask them to come and look at it...the STORE wants them to come and look at it. Why should I invest 50 more euros in a machine that is broken, to tell me what I already know, and then have to pay for a new machine as well? Talk about milking the customers.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sympathy like. At this point I'd go to a different store and get a Bosch but let the first store know you're doing it and let them make a counter offer.

Songbird76

Harry Potter is on my TV now:joyfull: I'm going to watch all the movies and read the books at least once more before vacation:joyfull:
I'm due for a re-read, too, but I want to finish Outlander first and I'm only on book 4. Are you a member on Pottermore? They announced yesterday or the day before that JKR has written a bunch of short stories about Wizarding in North America that take place long before Harry Potter. It's exclusive content to Pottermore, so if you're interested, you have to go there to read them.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm due for a re-read, too, but I want to finish Outlander first and I'm only on book 4. Are you a member on Pottermore? They announced yesterday or the day before that JKR has written a bunch of short stories about Wizarding in North America that take place long before Harry Potter. It's exclusive content to Pottermore, so if you're interested, you have to go there to read them.
THNX now I need a 36 hour day:hilarious::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom