The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In other news, in addition to my incredibly busy week (Thursday I have two tests and one paper due, plus a group project thing that's due right when we come back but that my group wants to get done) but I've also had a record week at work. I've had five people book appointments today. Usually I get one or two who book per day. All of my slots for Wednesday have at least one person. I guess they all figured out they don't know what they're doing and need help. Oh well. :greedy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks, Gabe! :)
That's funny, though, 'cause ourselves and others have always thought differently...oldest taking more after my side of the family, and the 2 youngest more after DWifeys side. :)

Really? I think that baby looks just like you. It is the shape of the faces of the two older ones that match DWifey and the baby yours.

Gabe1

I'm like that as well. Unfortunately, it upsets my daughters when I do that. I had a problem a couple of years ago where I was having trouble breathing. It calmed down a little so I got in my car and drove to the VA Emergency Room, 20 miles away. I know it was foolish, but, I am so used to just taking care of myself that it didn't even occur to me to ask for any help. I am much more aware of it now, and am still stinging from the tongue lashing I got from both of them over it. Simple case of parent and child changing position. The child becomes the parent and the parent the child.

Oy Tell me about it. I wish you could have heard the conversation between me, the nurse and my father this evening. She is whispering to him to speak more quietly, he loudly tells her what, I can't hear you, I tell her he is very hard of hearing and she whispers to him to speak more softly and he says speak up please I can't hear you...me to nurse, you have to talk loud for him to understand and she walks out exasperated.

I should have a glass of wine, I deserve it after today.

Gabe1

The buses have gotten much better at Boardwalk.

It no longer shares a bus with any other resort on the MK route unless the crowds are really, really low.
It only shares a bus with Swan/Dolphin for AK and DTD (again, barring low crowds)
There is now a board out by the buses which gives you a wait time estimate for AK and MK. This past January, it was never more than about 10 minutes. DTD does not give you an estimate, but we never waited long for a DTD bus.

Also, trick to getting to DHS quickly:
View attachment 133436
See the points on the map marked with the x's? Those halls all have stairs. You should take the stairs closest to you room down to the wallkway to DHS. From there, it's about a 10 minute walk to DHS. It's actually quicker than taking the boat.

Thank you!

Gabe1

Speaking about shopping I'm thinking about a pair of Sketcher's Go walk slide ons are they comfy?

I use to buy lots of sketchers but don't anymore. I bought 2 last year and their new gel soles just are not enough support for distance walking. I wound up putting Dr Schol inserts in both of them for some arch support. I've been buying the Asics running shoes for walking.
\
T5M7N_0191_0010248313_FR_AAC

Gabe1

I have never done AK at night either. We usually leave by about 1pm, we did go back once to watch the Christmas Jammin' Jungle parade. I do plan on spending some time there in the late afternoon/evening in a couple weeks!

We hit AK late afternoon after a rain. It is a horrid park when it is raining. We were at the Studios when the rain ended and transferred to AK walked onto every attraction, rode the safari twice and before we left we at Flame. Had two begging birds that were so much fun. It was almost dark when we left, close to closing and the lights were all on. Really the lighting isn't adequate but they could be changing that with it becoming a night park. The lights are very different and quite pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom