The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Well, as you can probably tell by my posts, I do not let my life go by unnoticed. My birthday is as important as anyone else's and I will not be overlooked, especially now that there aren't as many left to go as before. :( When my daughters moved to North Carolina before me, I drove from Vermont to here and back over a 5 day period just because it was my birthday. I wasn't about to let anyone think that just because they lived 900 miles away that my birthday was only going to be a card of good wishes. :mad: I got my cake :hungry: and some gifts, spent an extra day in the area and then headed back to Vermont because I had to be back to work on Monday. I'm guessing that is why I never got the Father of the Year award, I was unwilling to suffer in silence.:happy: That was in July and the temperature here was 106 degrees in the shade and there wasn't any shade. The following December 17th I retired and came to NC to spend Christmas with my family and was back home just after the New Year. I returned in mid-March to finalize my apartment selection. The following April 15th, I moved here permanently.:)
Whatever works for you!! I also kind of have an aversion to being the center of attention. It tends to not go well for me, so I try to stay out of the limelight. It's a little bit different with immediate family...I can handle that. But no parties or anything like that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
With the warm weather moving in my boys are wearing shorts starting tomorrow, the rule is it has to be 45 in the morning or else. I also got a pair of crocs flip flops (dual comfort) super comfy and cute so they're getting packed for the trip. My dh thought I could use an extra pair:)

Last edited:

Songbird76

I'm like that as well. Unfortunately, it upsets my daughters when I do that. I had a problem a couple of years ago where I was having trouble breathing. It calmed down a little so I got in my car and drove to the VA Emergency Room, 20 miles away. I know it was foolish, but, I am so used to just taking care of myself that it didn't even occur to me to ask for any help. I am much more aware of it now, and am still stinging from the tongue lashing I got from both of them over it. Simple case of parent and child changing position. The child becomes the parent and the parent the child.
You'd have gotten a tongue lashing from me, too, if I were your daughter! My father got a tongue lashing from me when he ignored his episodes of losing feeling in one side of his body...they turned out to be strokes. I've been telling him for years that he should move into town where he'd be near a doctor if something happened, or where someone can at least check on him every day. He won't do it, but the agreement was that if he felt funny, he was to get to the doctor ASAP. I was very angry that he didn't take care of it. He was so lucky that he was in a public place the last time it happened and that the people at the bank didn't listen to him when he told them he was fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom