The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
So the latest group project drama...

I had a lovely, three-person group for my ever annoying management course this semester.

Another team was a group of four. Two of their team members dropped the class, one for no apparent reason, and the other because he had a torn ACL and will just miss too much time for this class. So my group now has five members. I called the professor to discuss the change with him, and he specifically told me that they were responsible for integrating into our team, not the other way around. I heard from one of our new team members (who seems like a hard worker who will likely be an asset to our team) right away. The other team member has not contacted me at all. The change was announced Thursday. It is now Sunday. So my professor got an email from me tonight saying that we had not heard from her. The good thing is that the professor had us do team contracts at the beginning of the semester, and to join our group, the two new team members have to abide by the terms of our contract. Problematic group members only get two warnings. If we get to three, we can eject them from the group. So...after I deal with this carp, I can have her on a very short leash.

I was hoping that this would be the one class where I wouldn't have to deal with any carp from team members. Guess it was too good to be true.
pixie dust for you at least it will be warm this week.:)

FutureCEO

I'm looking at the menu's with pictures, looks good to me. I want just about everything, but any fish items.

Haha. I want the fish items. I had the Salmon in the UK last time the booth was there and it was very very good. I want to try currywurst chips and whatever they are from Germany. Going to the Rose and Crown this year. Must remember not to swoon over the accents.

Of course I have to make up for my trip without schoolbread a couple years agi. Maybe one per day. I really have to learn how to make the recipe but it looks complicated.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have chicken marinating. One batch in tomato and balsamic blend and one batch in an orange ginger blend

Per the advice of @StarWarsGirl95 (this was a few months ago), she mentioned that her mother found it easy to keep a bag of cooked chicken in the freezer for quick meals. (StarWarsGirl95 puts some on her salads.) Anyway, I bought a bag of frozen Tyson grilled chicken strips and put them in a quick (30 minute) casserole yesterday with canned artichoke hearts, a box of frozen spinach (thawed), a little garlic, black pepper, some lower fat mayo, and 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese.

Came out really good--per hubby. I made it for him, because I don't like artichokes, but I did try some of the chicken and it was perfect. Saved a lot of time from cooking the chicken first, cutting it up, etc. Thanks, @StarWarsGirl95 for that tip. Figgy, maybe you could try that next time, too, since you cook for a lot of people. Might save you some time. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Per the advice of @StarWarsGirl95 (this was a few months ago), she mentioned that her mother found it easy to keep a bag of cooked chicken in the freezer for quick meals. (StarWarsGirl95 puts some on her salads.) Anyway, I bought a bag of frozen Tyson grilled chicken strips and put them in a quick (30 minute) casserole yesterday with canned artichoke hearts, a box of frozen spinach (thawed), a little garlic, black pepper, some lower fat mayo, and 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese.

Came out really good--per hubby. I made it for him, because I don't like artichokes, but I did try some of the chicken and it was perfect. Saved a lot of time from cooking the chicken first, cutting it up, etc. Thanks, @StarWarsGirl95 for that tip. Figgy, maybe you could try that next time, too, since you cook for a lot of people. Might save you some time. :)
THNX I think 10 pounds of chicken per batch is my limit:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom