The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Did you get a Geno's pizza? Hubby was in the Chicago area a few weeks ago for some church stuff and he brought me back a slice of deep dish from Geno's and some Garrett cheese popcorn. I was really glad to have him return home! ;):joyfull:

I bet. Gino's has the bestest sauce. So flavorful. Followed by Garrets yum. Was it the Garrets Mix? (aka Chicago Mix)

Cesar R M

I may be misunderstanding, but, isn't one of the reasons to use a DVC is so that you can perhaps cut back on the expense of buying commercial food and make some of your own? Otherwise, why not stay offsite and save buckets of money? There must be more to this story that I missed.
Or you could get all the dinning plan food, and reheat them in the DVC units.
Also, going out and buying food in outside restaurants and then bring the food for other days to your DVC unit works as well.

But as far I remember, only the "villas" have the full kitchen.
The single rooms only have a microwave, a dish washer sink and coffee maker.

StarWarsGirl

Or you could get all the dinning plan food, and reheat them in the DVC units.
Also, going out and buying food in outside restaurants and then bring the food for other days to your DVC unit works as well.
But as far I remember, only the "villas" have the full kitchen.
The single rooms only have a microwave, a dish washer sink and coffee maker.
Yes, that is the case. They are all technically "villas", but the studios only have refrigerators, microwaves, a sink, and a coffee maker (no dishwasher). The one and two bedroom units have full kitchens.

We always get the studio and keep snacks in the room. When we go to Hilton Head or Aulani, we get a larger unit because we spend more time in the room and we can save some money by cooking. But at WDW, we're there for the food.

Cesar R M

No, it is just cheaper than a moderate where we usually stay. The dining plan maybe a perk that at best would break even for us but make it easier for a dynamic of traveling companions that is not the norm. And no. I don't cook on vacation. I could put some snacks and beverages in their fridge but cooking, not going to happen. I've done off site. I am one that is comfortable with Disney Transportation. I don't wig out if the bus runs a bit late. I really don't want to rent a car and deal with parking and such. I can sit on the bus or ferry boats and talk with my family and companions and be at peace vs driving, tram etc. I normally travel and use my DS discounts but Disney has really messed with that right now too. Early stages of planning
It was definitively cheaper.
The more people you fill the DVC unit, the cheaper it will be in the end.

Cesar R M

o
Yes, that is the case. They are all technically "villas", but the studios only have refrigerators, microwaves, a sink, and a coffee maker (no dishwasher). The one and two bedroom units have full kitchens.

We always get the studio and keep snacks in the room. When we go to Hilton Head or Aulani, we get a larger unit because we spend more time in the room and we can save some money by cooking. But at WDW, we're there for the food.
oh I mean "sink", just wanted to separate the "sink" from the usual bathroom washing hands sink :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh:
Did you ask him when you became his girlfriend, because the only person he needs to be buying a gift for is you?
2 years ago on Mother's Day, I had told hubby I didn't need a gift, all I wanted was a lazy day...a day off from all the things I always have to do. He apparently stopped listening after "I don't need a gift" because HE slept in, and I had to get up with the kids and get them breakfast, etc. Then I waited to get my own breakfast, thinking (silly me) that he and the kids might make breakfast FOR me...he got up, came downstairs and gets on the computer. I wait, thinking he just needs to wake up a bit..nothing....I hint that I'm really hungry. Finally, get up and go to make my own eggs and he's like "Oh! You're making eggs? Will you make me some too?" so I make HIS breakfast. Then lunch rolls around and we're at my in-laws where my MIL usually makes lunch, but on mother's day my FIL kicks her out of the kitchen and tells her to relax....but he can't cook. So guess who got to make lunch for the WHOLE family by herself? Me. And normally, the rule is whoever doesn't cook, cleans up. But DH goes back to what he's doing, and my MIL is not allowed to help because it's mother's day, but my FIL was recovering from a back injury and couldn't do it himself...so I got to do that, too...and dishes, which hubby and I agreed before we got married were his territory. But since we were at his parents' house, it's his dad's...who was injured. So I did the dishes. The only thing I DIDN'T have to do that day was cook dinner because my MIL had agreed the week before that neither of us were cooking and as my FIL CAN'T cook, we didn't want to make hubby do it...so we ordered Chinese. We're on the way home and DH looks at me and smiles and says "So did you enjoy your lazy day?" and I thought he was joking...I just sat there looking at him trying to see if he was kidding and if he had some big surprise up his sleeve...but he was completely sincere. So I said "It was just like every other day." and I kid you not, he had the audacity to say "So you're saying you're lazy every day?" I have never wanted to punch him before in my life, but I certainly wanted to then. He never even noticed that it was HIM that got the lazy day while I did twice the work I normally do. He didn't figure it out until we were home and he wanted some grown-up time....I bet the look on my face was something to behold. He'd better not EVER make that mistake again. Hopefully your boys have rectified their lapse in judgment. If not, forget the tent. Let them sleep out in the open! Or you could make reservations for yourself at a nice restaurant and tell them to figure dinner out for themselves, you are taking the night off.
Men:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom