The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Thank you. Never rented points and did dining plan only rented. This trip if it comes off will be a different dynamic so a dining plan maybe worth it. *head spins*
I may be misunderstanding, but, isn't one of the reasons to use a DVC is so that you can perhaps cut back on the expense of buying commercial food and make some of your own? Otherwise, why not stay offsite and save buckets of money? There must be more to this story that I missed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I may be misunderstanding, but, isn't one of the reasons to use a DVC is so that you can perhaps cut back on the expense of buying commercial food and make some of your own? Otherwise, why not stay offsite and save buckets of money? There must be more to this story that I missed.

No, it is just cheaper than a moderate where we usually stay. The dining plan maybe a perk that at best would break even for us but make it easier for a dynamic of traveling companions that is not the norm. And no. I don't cook on vacation. I could put some snacks and beverages in their fridge but cooking, not going to happen. I've done off site. I am one that is comfortable with Disney Transportation. I don't wig out if the bus runs a bit late. I really don't want to rent a car and deal with parking and such. I can sit on the bus or ferry boats and talk with my family and companions and be at peace vs driving, tram etc. I normally travel and use my DS discounts but Disney has really messed with that right now too. Early stages of planning

Goofyernmost

Hahaaa...!
Sounds like me. If, and when, I get sick, I go off and hide like an old dog and don't ask anybody for anything. Better for them, and me ...! ;)
I'm like that as well. Unfortunately, it upsets my daughters when I do that. I had a problem a couple of years ago where I was having trouble breathing. It calmed down a little so I got in my car and drove to the VA Emergency Room, 20 miles away. I know it was foolish, but, I am so used to just taking care of myself that it didn't even occur to me to ask for any help. I am much more aware of it now, and am still stinging from the tongue lashing I got from both of them over it. Simple case of parent and child changing position. The child becomes the parent and the parent the child.

Gabe1

Yes Walt is intelligent. He would just chew the lids off. :facepalm:

Walt is not necessarily conventional with his problem solving skills. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

Yes, you can buy the dining plan if you rent DVC points.

Something to keep in mind with Boardwall is that the villas haven't been rennovated in a while. There's nothing wrong with the rooms, but they won't feel as new as the units at other DVC resorts. Being able to quickly get to both Epcot and DHS outweighs that for me (I like not having to take the bus to parks and just walking) but it is something to keep in mind.

Thank you. That is exactly why we were thinking Boardwalk. Location Location Have you had good luck with the Boardwalk/Beach Club buses for places like DTD, AK and MK?

StarWarsGirl

So the latest group project drama...

I had a lovely, three-person group for my ever annoying management course this semester.

Another team was a group of four. Two of their team members dropped the class, one for no apparent reason, and the other because he had a torn ACL and will just miss too much time for this class. So my group now has five members. I called the professor to discuss the change with him, and he specifically told me that they were responsible for integrating into our team, not the other way around. I heard from one of our new team members (who seems like a hard worker who will likely be an asset to our team) right away. The other team member has not contacted me at all. The change was announced Thursday. It is now Sunday. So my professor got an email from me tonight saying that we had not heard from her. The good thing is that the professor had us do team contracts at the beginning of the semester, and to join our group, the two new team members have to abide by the terms of our contract. Problematic group members only get two warnings. If we get to three, we can eject them from the group. So...after I deal with this carp, I can have her on a very short leash.

I was hoping that this would be the one class where I wouldn't have to deal with any carp from team members. Guess it was too good to be true.

StarWarsGirl

Thank you. That is exactly why we were thinking Boardwalk. Location Location Have you had good luck with the Boardwalk/Beach Club buses for places like DTD, AK and MK?
The buses have gotten much better at Boardwalk.

It no longer shares a bus with any other resort on the MK route unless the crowds are really, really low.
It only shares a bus with Swan/Dolphin for AK and DTD (again, barring low crowds)
There is now a board out by the buses which gives you a wait time estimate for AK and MK. This past January, it was never more than about 10 minutes. DTD does not give you an estimate, but we never waited long for a DTD bus.

Also, trick to getting to DHS quickly:
boardwalk.JPG
See the points on the map marked with the x's? Those halls all have stairs. You should take the stairs closest to you room down to the wallkway to DHS. From there, it's about a 10 minute walk to DHS. It's actually quicker than taking the boat.

donaldtoo

Same with my hubby. He isn't handy, so I tear things apart and do the repairs. I had a dad who could do anything having to do with tearing down things and putting them back together. That was his job for over 30 years. I learned a lot from him.... Now , I'm too weak to try those things. Wish I could though.

Awesome, Bets! :)
Yep, my pop was, and still is, the ultimate handyman. I learned good from him. Home, vehicles, etc. Thanks pop...!!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom