The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Nope.
As far I know.. only paying full rack rate gives you free dinning.
The dinning plan MIGHT have a small discount for DVC owners, but as far I know.. you need to contact David's or other website so they can make the DVC owner make the purchase themselves, then charge you.
DVC doesn't get free dining, but 10% off at most restaurants.

Songbird76

Back a few years ago when money was "tight(er) January was our killer month. The 4th was my parents Anniversary, The 8th was our Anniversary, The 16th was my daughters birthday, the 22nd was my BIL birthday and the 23rd was my sister and aunts birthday. That coming on the direct heals of Christmas kept me up nights. Now it's down to just my sisters and my daughters birthday. Much more manageable.
I bet! We don't usually celebrate mine. It just gets too busy. We have a family dinner, and that's it. My son's is on the 3rd, Sinterklaas is celebrated the 5th, mine is the 9th, and my nephew's and my daughter's God mother's are both on the 16th. Mine is expendable. 3 of my friends here also have Dec. birthdays, on the 11th, the 13th, and the 19th, and the one whose birthday is on the 11th also has a son with the same birthday. None of use celebrate our own birthdays anymore because we're all together for my son's and the son of the one on the 11th. We just celebrate the kids' birthdays and call it good.

betty rose

I was browsing around today and found out that Royal Caribbean's crew were totally lying about the hurricane thing...
both about the number of hurt people (Royal claimed only 4 people were hurt, a few people said they were dozens and some badly hurt), about the damage (the ship was heavily damaged, including some antennas being damaged and their domes destroyed. and one of the stabilization systems damaged as well.)

and that is not the final thing!

After being repaired and sent to their routes..
halfway on one of these trips.. the travel was cut in half. Royal cited supposed "for security measures to prevent a heavy storm". But in reality it was a norovirus outbreak on the Anthem.

yikes!
I agree, we were going to cruise in October, instead of Disney, we are going back and stay in the little mermaid. RCL is getting a sketchy record.

Songbird76

I haven't mowed in over 18 years, after I took out all the sod and put down rock and perennials, and trees. We do have the vacuum the rocks, after all the leaves fall.:D
Some day, when we have the money, I'd like to take out the grass and replace it with nice garden tiles or something. I am the world's worst when it comes to plants. If you need a plant dead, I'm your girl. Doesn't matter how hardy it is, I can kill any plant. So flowers and things aren't practical for me. But, hubby did dig out the lawn mower in December when he got the Christmas tree out, so as soon as the grass is dry I can finally mow. Most of the grass is already dead and looks horrible anyway, but it doesn't look AS horrible when it's cut short.

betty rose

Some day, when we have the money, I'd like to take out the grass and replace it with nice garden tiles or something. I am the world's worst when it comes to plants. If you need a plant dead, I'm your girl. Doesn't matter how hardy it is, I can kill any plant. So flowers and things aren't practical for me. But, hubby did dig out the lawn mower in December when he got the Christmas tree out, so as soon as the grass is dry I can finally mow. Most of the grass is already dead and looks horrible anyway, but it doesn't look AS horrible when it's cut short.
I hated mowing, it was always hot an humid in Kansas City. The yard was very uneven, made for an unpleasant time. And it had to be done twice a week. I did enjoy the glass of lemonade after.

Songbird76

I hated mowing, it was always hot an humid in Kansas City. The yard was very uneven, made for an unpleasant time. And it had to be done twice a week. I did enjoy the glass of lemonade after.
Yeah, when we put our grass in, it looked so nice....for about 3 weeks. But I don't know if we just bought really bad quality or if there were weeds just waiting to come up, but the whole lawn just became covered in this one kind of weed and also dandylions. For every one I pull, there seem to be 3 more the next day, and of course you're not supposed to mow them because then they spread. I just can't keep up, so I'd pretty much given up and I just want to rip it all up and tile it over, maybe with a little boarder around it or something. Whatever we do, it needs to be low maintenance and not require having a green thumb.

betty rose

I totally concur. I've been going to Disneyland almost every month since last August in order to keep my sanity during my divorce. :cat:

And welcome to the chit chat thread! At least I'm assuming you're new, as I'm so far behind these days. :D
Don't worry , you'll catch up at the time that Disney finish's Star Wars Land. No breaks for sleep though.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom