The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Did you get a Geno's pizza? Hubby was in the Chicago area a few weeks ago for some church stuff and he brought me back a slice of deep dish from Geno's and some Garrett cheese popcorn. I was really glad to have him return home! ;):joyfull:
We've found a few grocery stores over here that have Geno's and Edwardo's deep dish pizzas in the frozen section. It's not as good as being there in person, but having lived in Chicago most of my life, it is close enough to make me happy! :hungry::)

StarWarsGirl

Thank you! But DVC can do the dining plan right?

I really hate math. I will have to deligate to DD. Renting points to Boardwalk is cheaper than moderate. But then there is moderate and free dining. Makes my head hurt.
Yes, you can buy the dining plan if you rent DVC points.

Something to keep in mind with Boardwall is that the villas haven't been rennovated in a while. There's nothing wrong with the rooms, but they won't feel as new as the units at other DVC resorts. Being able to quickly get to both Epcot and DHS outweighs that for me (I like not having to take the bus to parks and just walking) but it is something to keep in mind.

StarWarsGirl

You'll appreciate it when you are 50 and look like you're 30. Or that's what I've always said. When I was 24, I had a teaching job..I was fresh out of college and I had an hour long commute...about 45-50 miles. So, one day I was filling up my tank and a guy came up and asked me if I should be driving without a parent, did I have a drivers license. I was really confused, and I said of course I had a drivers license. He thought I was 14. I've always said, I'll be happy when I'm 50 and people are telling me how young I look.
I wouldn't have been so nice if someone said that to me...

Songbird76

Whats lawn mowing? I think I may have a vague memory of that. I really can't remember:hilarious:
Oh, that's the thing I haven't done for like...a year. There's this sort of machine you use and it's just about the right size to get stuck under the avalanche of storage boxes in the shed so you can't use it until your husband is really in the mood to be handy and move the boxes you can't reach. Does that help you remember?

betty rose

Well, the yard work was fun, indeed...!!! :joyfull:
Actually, mowing and vacuuming get me in a similar zone...the noise blocks out everything else, and my thoughts just flow. Sooo relaxing...! :happy:
Plus, the yard looks good...!
And, I also got some trimming done on our trees, shrubs, and crape myrtles...! :)
I love crape myrtles. Had those in Kansas City. Now, I just have pines, and spruce. I miss gardening . It was relaxing for me too. But, not the mowing. Tending to all the pretty flowers I had in the past was my favorite pass time in the summer.:joyfull:

Goofyernmost

We have my BIL in Feb, my MIL in March, my hubby in April, my daughter in May. Then my FIL is in August, so we have a few months with nothing and then my son, my nephew and I plus my daughter's Godmother are all in December, along with the big Dutch celebration Sinterklaas, and of course Christmas. That's our busy month.
Back a few years ago when money was "tight(er) January was our killer month. The 4th was my parents Anniversary, The 8th was our Anniversary, The 16th was my daughters birthday, the 22nd was my BIL birthday and the 23rd was my sister and aunts birthday. That coming on the direct heals of Christmas kept me up nights. Now it's down to just my sisters and my daughters birthday. Much more manageable.

EDIT: Of course we had to lose a lot of people to get to that, so there is that downside!

Last edited:

betty rose

Oh, that's the thing I haven't done for like...a year. There's this sort of machine you use and it's just about the right size to get stuck under the avalanche of storage boxes in the shed so you can't use it until your husband is really in the mood to be handy and move the boxes you can't reach. Does that help you remember?
I haven't mowed in over 18 years, after I took out all the sod and put down rock and perennials, and trees. We do have to vacuum the rocks, after all the leaves fall.:D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom