The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

welp.. my mother now has influenza :/
and she looks terrible :/
I'm so so sorry. I felt like I wanted to die. But, I'm stubborn old witch! I did need the Doctor, as it settled in my lungs. Watch your Mom for wheezing, or pain in the lung area. If she says she is feeling any of these , get her to the Doctor , right away. Or overly coughing, when she is feeling better, I thought I was getting better, but I had a really bad infection in my lungs. I'm on 2,000 mg of Cephalexin a day. I'm still not well, and my lungs are still hurting. I hope she escapes all of this, but you need to watch carefully, I thought I was getting better and than, bam......I was hit really hard with the lung infection, like you. I'm only saying this because, to me this is a deceptive illness, one day you feel better , the next horrible, the next good but not well. Oh, I forgot to say, my lungs, hurt from front to back. It has changed often.

Figgy1

I'm so so sorry. I felt like I wanted to die. But, I'm stubborn old witch! I did need the Doctor, as it settled in my lungs. Watch your Mom for wheezing, or pain in the lung area. If she says she is feeling any of these , get her to the Doctor , right away. Or overly coughing, when she is feeling better, I thought I was getting better, but I had a really bad infection in my lungs. I'm on 2,000 mg of Cephalexin a day. I'm still not well, and my lungs are still hurting. I hope she escapes all of this, but you need to watch carefully, I thought I was getting better and than, bam......I was hit really hard with the lung infection, like you. I'm only saying this because, to me this is a deceptive illness, one day you feel better , the next horrible, the next good but not well. Oh, I forgot to say, my lungs, hurt from front to back. It has changed often.
Sympathy like I hope you're getting plenty of rest. Get well soon xoxo

MouseDreaming

I'm so so sorry. I felt like I wanted to die. But, I'm stubborn old witch!
I thought you were Betty. Now, I think I may have found you, Glinda!
Screen+Shot+2013-09-14+at+11.43.41+PM.jpg

betty rose

The most dangerous of them all. Some of my problems come from their lack of caring about what I was exposed to during my military time. I figure they owe me, but, I would prefer a different route, but, like you say... it is at least affordable and to this point, has been good.
I understand, my cousins husband, my best friend in high school , was exposed to agent orange, He has had to have a colostomy at age 45. This system, for everyone is horrible. I hope that younger people won't accept this for their lives. The establishment , is only out for themselves.

betty rose

yeah thanks, just not having a good day. My boss was about to fire me because I couldnt understand what he wanted. They claimed what they asked was simple. (it was not for me when I read their instructions).
Now I'm shacked, stressed to hell over my mother and now over my job.. :/
I'm so sorry, my brain went to hell with this flu and lung infection. My Doctor's assistant ...the a$$ told me to fill out a mood test ;4 pages of it. Sure, right now, I'm not at my best, but after being sick, now in my 5th week, what do you expect? Gosh, our medical system is so stupid. I'ts really hard , I'm not getting better, and I didn't expect to with a penicillin derivative. I have said numerous times, I can't take penicillin. Where do we go to get good medical care? I'm so close to moving anywhere but here. Currently looking to see if any other state is better. I hope this will be a wake up call to anyone close to the medicare system. One size fits all, and the cheaper, and riskier the better. HusSister is having the same problem in Indiana. I know this is a rant, but I hope I'm being informative too. Not being political, it's just what I have experienced, and I have no where to go. At least in the Denver area, several Dr's. have gone out of business, and more refuse to take Medicare patient's. I don't want a free bee, we pay a lot for Insurance, that Medicare doesn't cover, but the Doctor's have their hands tied by medicare, it took us over 3 hours, because of the forms the Doctor has to file for medicare. This system is a total mess. All I thought was going to happen, was the blood draw. The Government wants so much more, and it's just information taking. My hands are tied too, I need my thyroid meds, and can't get them unless I subject myself to hours in the Drs. office, this is so ridiculous. Rant over. Be ware when you get over 65, and are moved into the system. So sad for those coming after. I hope someone can fix this mess. I remember the good old days, my Dr. does too. It's not his fault, he is a victim of the system too. He hates that it takes over an hour to fill out required forms, even with his bad assistant. He doesn't own the practice and has to take people in training to be his assistant. Things are a mess. Sister has no Dr. at the moment. She is fed up, but doesn't need meds. I do, and I'm trapped. No, this is not because I'm sick. I waited a day, and formulated my thoughts before posting. Beware if you are near Medicare. It's a mess for Drs. and patients.

betty rose

Not sure if I read your comment correctly. Did you say that you told the doctor you were allergic to penicillin and he still prescribed it? (I worry about, in some more "extreme" allergic cases -- the possibility of anaphylaxis.) I hope you get a straight answer from your physician about this. (Also, in fairness to the doctor, there may be something in your medical history that made him prescribe it--or, what he might have prescribed was a combination antibiotic, that might have a slight amount of penicillin/combined with another broad, or even narrow spectrum, drug.) There's all kinds of medicines out there these days.

These are just a few of my rambling thoughts only. Obviously, I don't know any particulars of your medical chart, and I'm certainly not a doctor, either. Just hope you get better soon, that's all.
To be fare, I have a very severe lung infection. I'm taking 2,000 milligrams of a very strong antibiotic. It may be all that is left to do. I don't get anaphylaxis, my skin has peeled down to bleeding , my hands ,my back , my face and legs. My history, says not to give this under any circumstances. I didn't know what this drug was until hubby filled it. It may just be a low "allergy" on the list, but it doesn't make anything better. I still have a lot of pain in my lungs, and coughing. I still have time to go on the meds. I will do them, and if I'm still wheezing, with lung pain, and coughing, I will call for another appointment after the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom