The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Well, it sbeen 1 week and 1 half since I'm stick, doctor says this variant usually lasts between 2 weeks and 4 weeks.. so I'm still on the road to recovery. The problem is, this influenza just chunks your defenses. The worst damage is by bacteria and other illness that take home when your defenses are low.

As for the forum, It was between 20 minutes to 1 hour.
I tried to access at around 11:00 am and it was throwing big errors..
then 20 mins later, it was throwing a different error. Went to shower,then eat something.. forum was then back up.
I tried getting on earlier and couldn't. Blamed it on campus Wifi. Apparently, I owe the WiFi an apology (this time...)

Last edited:

betty rose

Either I've been really lucky or immune to it but in all the time's we've been to F&W and F&G over the years I've only experienced one "drunkie". And we've done nights and weekends.
Last year at F&W we saw a fist fight , a drunken girl throwing up on the path, and security removing unruly people. It was around 7:30 on a Saturday night, we had not gone at night for years, it was a surprise and took the Grandsons out of the park. Now, I just avoid after dark. The mornings are glorious. And some really good food to try. I am so glad they extended it for the last of may. We will go the second day in Disney and spend the morning, and lunch their and move on. I'm sure any given day will be different. We did have a really bad experience on a Disney bus from AoA, to Epcot during food and wine. It was a once bad experience and done. I did write a letter to Bob Iger, and got a call back from a associate. I asked that drinks be limited , like at the resorts, they told me it wasn't possible. So you just need to be aware, and adjust accordingly. Is it ideal for a family park? No, but it's guest's behavior that has changed how we do Epcot. I do love tasting all the different foods, without lactose. It can be a very fun afternoon from 11 AM on to 3 or so. We walk back in the morning to La Halles and have a pastry and coffee. when the back part of the park opens up, we choose one side or the other to walk back to the front. The next day, repeat choosing the other side. That way , we start off with breakfast, and have snacks for our lunch. Great way to enjoy Epcot for two days. Without too many crowds. When we get to the front we are ready to go to the room and rest. Then go to a hotel to enjoy it's atmosphere.

betty rose

The way I see it is the internet is what we make it. It isn't the exclusive property of the younger folks who seem bent on placing mixed meanings on everything. That said, I was, in my high school class prediction, labeled by on of our teachers as the master of the double entendre. I was really good at it, but they were always the type similar to "that's what she said" and not try an make every letter in the alphabet mean something suggestive. Then again, I was also from the time when the word gay meant joyous. What do I know.
My era too. We should start and old foggie thread!

betty rose

Well, it sbeen 1 week and 1 half since I'm stick, doctor says this variant usually lasts between 2 weeks and 4 weeks.. so I'm still on the road to recovery. The problem is, this influenza just chunks your defenses. The worst damage is by bacteria and other illness that take home when your defenses are low.

then 20 mins later, it was throwing a different error. Went to shower,then eat something.. forum was then back up.
Got the same thing from the Doctor today. It's week four for me. Waiting for meds to kick in.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

I wonder if he just brought the sight down for some updates?

Gabe1

It was in the mid sixties here today and sunny. It was so gorgeous that I took a walk around campus, and then to get dinner, I walked to the pizza place instead of driving someplace. I was just about to go thank the groundhog for our early spring. :D

Ha! To bad he is sizzling atop my stove already.

They are threatening 60's with rain next week. We shall see.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
With or without SW it has turned into another Foodie Drunkie time in Epcot just a great deal prettier. So many food and adult beverage kiosks and ample gardening/spring souvenir booths. Just like the Halloween and Christmas parties the weeks keep extending to keep up with the demand and I believe anyhow it is the profit margins of these events ontop of admission is what motivates Disney to keep extending the weeks over the decades IMO

Actually, I've been to quite a few F&G Festivals over the years, and I love it. EPCOT looks gorgeous with all the various flowers, topiaries, exotic plants, etc.

True, they've added more food kiosks, etc. (nice, but I really don't think they're necessary, even though some of the food is really quite tasty). I prefer the emphasis to be on gardening education, some cooking demos, guest speakers (they used to get in a bunch from the H&G Channel, before that channel was trashed with reality real estate shows . . . :( ). I could care less about the booze; I'm only a very light drinker as it is. And believe it or not, I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone drunk at F&G. (I usually head back to my hotel around 8 p.m.or so. Maybe the landscape changes after that with more drinking, but I wouldn't know.)

Gabe1

kinda hard to stop when the majority of the internet uses it.
Anyone remembers when LOL started to be used? or similar acronyms? All kids embraced it (now that they're adults). The older adults were the ones "nah, its just a fad!".

But lol was always a good, clean abbreviation, much like the ones we use for Disney abbreviations on Disney Forum Sights. What you speak of is the human nature side that lean to the dark side, our choice if we wish to live that way.

The same goes for the spoken language, where I lean so far to the right with foul language others tip to the left and it is part of their normal vernacular. Film is another media that just because it is happening doesn't mean I must conform because someone has put it out there. Films can range from *illegal*very adult*adult*teen*older children*youth* Me, again lean so far to the right I tend to love Disney films and similar. I just tend to lean more in @Goofyernmost perspective, just because it is the new thing doesn't mean I must participate.

Gabe1

Actually, I've been to quite a few F&G Festivals over the years, and I love it. EPCOT looks gorgeous with all the various flowers, topiaries, exotic plants, etc.

True, they've added more food kiosks, etc. (nice, but I really don't think they're necessary, even though some of the food is really quite tasty). I prefer the emphasis to be on gardening education, some cooking demos, guest speakers (they used to get in a bunch from the H&G Channel, before that channel was trashed with reality real estate shows . . . :( ). I could care less about the booze; I'm only a very light drinker as it is. And believe it or not, I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone drunk at F&G. (I usually head back to my hotel around 8 p.m.or so. Maybe the landscape changes after that with more drinking, but I wouldn't know.)

Yep, I am an avid gardener so F&G is what I am looking at. We do lunch at Kiosks though in the WS. F&G or not there are always drunkies in the WS year round. There are always people on the monorail at night doing the hotel loop doing the drink at each resort and head into the MK. I avoid them and over the years I've become pretty good at spotting and zigzagging around. Me I love the cocktails of Disney. They are just very strong and I am very small so I basically know I could never have 2 in a row or I'd fall boom. I love wine but it makes me tired so rarely do I drink that if I'm touring the parks 'cause my family would find me asleep on a park bench, that is if I could find a park bench. lol

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, I am an avid gardener so F&G is what I am looking at. We do lunch at Kiosks though in the WS. F&G or not there are always drunkies in the WS year round. There are always people on the monorail at night doing the hotel loop doing the drink at each resort and head into the MK. I avoid them and over the years I've become pretty good at spotting and zigzagging around. Me I love the cocktails of Disney. They are just very strong and I am very small so I basically know I could never have 2 in a row or I'd fall boom. I love wine but it makes me tired so rarely do I drink that if I'm touring the parks 'cause my family would find me asleep on a park bench, that is if I could find a park bench. lol

From your comments, mine, and a few more from @betty rose , I think the three of us have (somewhat) isolated the drinking crowd time to evenings. Because I'm such an early morning person, I don't really go out a night at Disney, because I've been up for quite a few hours (I'm often up at 4:30 AM, even on vacation). So the fact that I haven't seen all these drunken people means that if you want to go and enjoy the F&G Festival, just go during the daytime and enjoy! :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
In other news.. went to the doctor.
Definitively got influenza.. one of the strong strains.
My left lung is completely filled with mucus and heavily swollen, I had to take a (gaasp) injection. My mother too since she might have been exposed to my variant too.
My higher throat, nose, etc.. seem fine. But my trachea clearly is swollen as well, and in pain.
So they changed my medication to reduce these problems, and also start treatment on my lungs to prevent any bacteria from trying to develop while my defenses are down fighting the influenza.

Hope things get better for you. Sounds like your treatments might get you on track to recovery!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Excited for you! What resort did you pick this time? :cat:

I picked All Star Sports, it was the cheapest option that kept me on property. I really thought about the Swan or Dolphin but in the end it was more expensive not by much but enough to make a difference. I haven't stayed at the Sports so I'm a little apprehensive about it, but I'm sure it will be fine.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good afternoon all. Our Doctor's appointment with blood draw went well. Hubby's was harder. My high blood pressure made the blood flow. This virus that I've had for a month tomorrow, had gone into my lungs with an infection. Antibiotics as soon as the pharmacy fills them. I'm out for today, will the vials of blood taken and having to fast, and this infection has really taken me down. I hope to be back online in a couple days. Right now, that I'm home....I'm getting on my pj's. And I'm watching frozen. I love the music, and have only seen it once. So I don't have frozen fatigue.;)

I'm glad the blood draw went better for you. Take care and I hope you enjoyed watching Frozen, I think you should watch Tangled too.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

When you're not well, it's important to drink a lot of fluids -- water, soups, juice, etc. It helps to knock the toxins out of your system. I hope you feel better soon; you haven't been 100% for a while. Rest helps, too. Take care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom