The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
From your comments, mine, and a few more from @betty rose , I think the three of us have (somewhat) isolated the drinking crowd time to evenings. Because I'm such an early morning person, I don't really go out a night at Disney, because I've been up for quite a few hours (I'm often up at 4:30 AM, even on vacation). So the fact that I haven't seen all these drunken people means that if you want to go and enjoy the F&G Festival, just go during the daytime and enjoy! :joyfull:

Exactly what I've found. We usually stay but like I said we hit the pavilions at night vs the kiosk areas where happy hour seems to be overly happy at times. I guess if I would partake more I wouldn't notice lol. I'd just be one of them. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

When you're not well, it's important to drink a lot of fluids -- water, soups, juice, etc. It helps to knock the toxins out of your system. I hope you feel better soon; you haven't been 100% for a while. Rest helps, too. Take care.

Skimming posts not always good. I first read soup as soaps. I was like....sure soap does kill toxins but...........*hangs head*

Gabe1

He got a virus. I got the flu. He has no infection, and is getting better, but he has a cough that will last 3 month's. This is one crazy year, for bugs. The Doctor has seen more people with the flu that got the flu shots, as there are so many different strains, of flu and virus's. Only a blood test will tell. This seems to be a very severe year. Some people think I, it's because of our constantly changing temperatures, and strong winds, bringing in different bugs from other areas. Speaking of winds, tomorrow we are back to 50 mph winds, and 70 degrees. The west to east air current is over Denver tomorrow. Bringing winds from as far as Arizona, with a high fire danger. I'm going to stay close to home and live under the sheets I launder!;)

Burning up the Viruses?

Cesar R M

He got a virus. I got the flu. He has no infection, and is getting better, but he has a cough that will last 3 month's. This is one crazy year, for bugs. The Doctor has seen more people with the flu that got the flu shots, as there are so many different strains, of flu and virus's. Only a blood test will tell. This seems to be a very severe year. Some people think I, it's because of our constantly changing temperatures, and strong winds, bringing in different bugs from other areas. Speaking of winds, tomorrow we are back to 50 mph winds, and 70 degrees. The west to east air current is over Denver tomorrow. Bringing winds from as far as Arizona, with a high fire danger. I'm going to stay close to home and live under the sheets I launder!;)
Yeah, it seems the viruses are going rampant in these months.
My country even gave an alert against the influenza. Because its everywhere and spreading.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Tonight's been good for Miami sports. I saw Heat blow out the Bulls, and now the Panthers are about to beat the Jets in Winnipeg!

On another note, I can't wait any longer for Zootopia. Seeing it Thursday night, 7:00 in IMAX.
And on another another note, I'm not too thrilled for anything that Disney is doing after Zootopia :/

Cesar R M

But lol was always a good, clean abbreviation, much like the ones we use for Disney abbreviations on Disney Forum Sights. What you speak of is the human nature side that lean to the dark side, our choice if we wish to live that way.

The same goes for the spoken language, where I lean so far to the right with foul language others tip to the left and it is part of their normal vernacular. Film is another media that just because it is happening doesn't mean I must conform because someone has put it out there. Films can range from *illegal*very adult*adult*teen*older children*youth* Me, again lean so far to the right I tend to love Disney films and similar. I just tend to lean more in @Goofyernmost perspective, just because it is the new thing doesn't mean I must participate.
I was just giving LOL as an example. Because during that time.. a lot of acronyms appeared. From good to bad.

BuddyThomas

So, how about a few Broadway marquees for a Super Tuesday to distract me from what is going on....shudder....

Anyway....Hughie, starring Forest Whitaker

hughie.JPG
hughie 2.JPG

Or how about The Color Purple?

color purple.JPG

Or the old stand-by classic itself:

Phantom.JPG

Or maybe a new play with an Academy Award winning actress?

Eclipsed.JPG

Or this!

Psycho.JPG

On a sadder note, the amazing and beautiful historic NYC movie palace, the Ziegfeld, closed earlier this month, citing losing a million dollars a year. Here is how it looks today.
ziegfeld.JPG

At least they are still keeping their lights on....for now.

donaldtoo

Gotta love when Disney sucks in a newly devoted fan.

How was the Wet factor in Pirates and the boats?

Hahaaa...!
Actually, after their honeymoon 2 years ago, SonIL said he wanted to stay away for a bit. We had all been in '12 and '13, and their honeymoon was in '14. But, it's more the pace than Disney itself. Like the rest of us, oldest DD is, of course, a Disnut, so she too likes to pretty much just go, go, go. He likes to take things at a slower pace. She talked SonIL into this trip because of the run, and it was only 3-ish days long, but, as I've related, we all had a great time and he wants to go back again next year for the run trip...! :)

ETA: Didn't notice any issues with water and boats at PotC. :)

Last edited:

Figgy1

Actually, I've been to quite a few F&G Festivals over the years, and I love it. EPCOT looks gorgeous with all the various flowers, topiaries, exotic plants, etc.

True, they've added more food kiosks, etc. (nice, but I really don't think they're necessary, even though some of the food is really quite tasty). I prefer the emphasis to be on gardening education, some cooking demos, guest speakers (they used to get in a bunch from the H&G Channel, before that channel was trashed with reality real estate shows . . . :( ). I could care less about the booze; I'm only a very light drinker as it is. And believe it or not, I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone drunk at F&G. (I usually head back to my hotel around 8 p.m.or so. Maybe the landscape changes after that with more drinking, but I wouldn't know.)
We usually went in June and have always talked about going for F&G without the boys for all the reasons you just so eloquently stated. Every time we passed the booth where HGTV was we'd look at each other and say when the boys are older. I'm crossing my fingers so we can go next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom