The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Good afternoon all. Our Doctor's appointment with blood draw went well. Hubby's was harder. My high blood pressure made the blood flow. This virus that I've had for a month tomorrow, had gone into my lungs with an infection. Antibiotics as soon as the pharmacy fills them. I'm out for today, will the vials of blood taken and having to fast, and this infection has really taken me down. I hope to be back online in a couple days. Right now, that I'm home....I'm getting on my pj's. And I'm watching frozen. I love the music, and have only seen it once. So I don't have frozen fatigue.;)
Sympathy like, rest up and get well soon. BTW no such thing as Frozen fatigue except when it comes to weather:confused:

Goofyernmost

suit yourself!
and Welcome to the internet :hilarious:
The way I see it is the internet is what we make it. It isn't the exclusive property of the younger folks who seem bent on placing mixed meanings on everything. That said, I was, in my high school class prediction, labeled by one of our teachers as the master of the double entendre. I was really good at it, but they were always the type similar to "that's what she said" and not try an make every letter in the alphabet mean something suggestive. Then again, I was also from the time when the word gay meant joyous. What do I know.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Sympathy like. Sounds like you've got an upper respritory infection, which is a complication from having the flu. And yeah, antibiotic is a good idea. You don't want to end up with pnuemonia, which is a concern since your lung is filled with fluid. Get well soon, Amigo. :)
yeah, so far the medicine seems to be working.
The pain when breathing lowered and I'm randomly coughing green and grey condensed mucus.

Cesar R M

The way I see it is the internet is what we make it. It isn't the exclusive property of the younger folks who seem bent on placing mixed meanings on everything. That said, I was, in my high school class prediction, labeled by on of our teachers as the master of the double entendre. I was really good at it, but they were always the type similar to "that's what she said" and not try an make every letter in the alphabet mean something suggestive. Then again, I was also from the time when the word gay meant joyous. What do I know.
Language evolves, sadly its not something someone can do to stop. You just go with the flow and adapt.
still, these mishaps makes for great jokes.

Goofyernmost

Language evolves, sadly its not something someone can do to stop. You just go with the flow and adapt.
It evolves but it doesn't have to evolve in negative ways. WE, people, do not have to change. It's a fallacy. If we don't use it that way, it will not evolve. It's just that we are a species of followers and unable to decide for ourselves what is something that is for the better or for the dumbing down of our society. it's 4 U 2 D side.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
1937248_1063193303748167_6525783775988832726_n.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My dh and I were thinking about going to F&G if we get APs but are the drunkies as bad as during F&W? Which we also want to do but again worried about drunkies.

There is somewhat more tipsy people during F&G than normal tipsy year round however it is more avoidable in F&G. We did Future World and all the prettiness during the daytime. After Lunch we moved to the showcase. We did all the kiosks during the afternoon over 2 different days. At night we did the actual Pavilions until Illuminations. We did avoid Friday and Saturday night as the party people locals tend to filter in more on those evenings, plus the 'after 4' residents on the discount pass for the Floridians. We did dip into the a couple kiosks for dessert and a grey goose but mostly we ate in the pavilions and shopped in them at night time. Worked great for us. We had a plan.

Gabe1

Good afternoon all. Our Doctor's appointment with blood draw went well. Hubby's was harder. My high blood pressure made the blood flow. This virus that I've had for a month tomorrow, had gone into my lungs with an infection. Antibiotics as soon as the pharmacy fills them. I'm out for today, will the vials of blood taken and having to fast, and this infection has really taken me down. I hope to be back online in a couple days. Right now, that I'm home....I'm getting on my pj's. And I'm watching frozen. I love the music, and have only seen it once. So I don't have frozen fatigue.;)

Be well Bets.

What did the Doc say about your dear hubby's illness?

Gabe1

The way I see it is the internet is what we make it. It isn't the exclusive property of the younger folks who seem bent on placing mixed meanings on everything. That said, I was, in my high school class prediction, labeled by on of our teachers as the master of the double entendre. I was really good at it, but they were always the type similar to "that's what she said" and not try an make every letter in the alphabet mean something suggestive. Then again, I was also from the time when the word gay meant joyous. What do I know.

I agree that language evolves but that is as about far as I buy into the rest of it. I believe you must be careful on the internet however one must be mindful of the audience, who you tweet with, who and what type of people are your Facebook friends etc. I follow several news stations that still follow language as it is intended. They still use quotes. I have seen words alone have different meanings where English is spoken in different parts of the world. It is funny what is nasty in England and not even remotely here. I do agree there are dark sides to the internet where people wordsmith and in quotes, me I stick to more happy places and really don't engage with that type of websites and postings. It is a to each there own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom