The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

The repairman said I need a Bosch or a Siemens, 8 kilo capacity...I found one for less than 600 Euros that I like...it's a bosch. So that's the one I'm going to aim for. I hate to do business with the store who sold us this crap machine that was not suitable for us, but we need to at least try to get some credit towards a new model since we shouldn't be having to buy a new one so soon after we replaced the old one. If they are jerks about it, we'll call the repairman and see what he can do for us and we'll spread it far and wide that the store where we bought this one sells shoddy junk and milks customers. I don't think it will come to that, though.
There is no other store in your area?

Cesar R M

We don't know yet. Hubby needs to call the store. Most factory warranties are only 2 year, which this was 2 years and 3 months, so would be JUST outside the 2 year limit. But then after that, the store usually has some sort of a warranty to partially cover major repairs that aren't normal wear and tear unless it's caused by misuse, which this is not. It wasn't a good machine for us, but it should have lasted longer than it did, and this is certainly not normal wear and tear...there must have been a manufacturer issue or something.
You cant buy extended guarantees?
We usually get them here and a technician of the store usually fixes them. (If they cant, they hire a professional from the product company)

Cesar R M

Figures. They'll give you a discount when one park is open???? And given the trouble they have had with the Wave Pool at one park and Blizzard continuing to shut down for both weather and operational problems to some or the whole park hardly the time for them to charge more. Crazy peeps. They have got to be in some big doodoo over Shanghai. jeepers.
Or, they are just using that excuse to test the seas to see if people will still flock to WDW with these abusive prices.
Or.. they really expect Shangai to disappoint badly thanks to the slumping chinese economy.

Cesar R M

I'm astounded at this increase. We will do our June trip, we are going for our 47th anniversary. But, instead of doing sometimes three trips, it will go down to two, this year, as we have our AP. Next year, we will go with the points banked through DVC, and after that.....one trip a year. We thought, about Uni, and their prices are crazy too. And it seems so complicated. We are getting old, and we don't have to learn anything new . Hubby says he doesn't want to have to start over. We are locked in for the next few years. After that, we will be staying home. The bus, is what changed our minds about doing Disney. It's so easy to get off the plane, have the checked bags delivered to the room. I've ruptured three discs over the years, due to a thyroid problem. I can't pull heavy bags anymore, so this is the best situation for us. Am I happy about Disney's cuts, and lack of general maintenance? No, I'm not ....We don't do many rides at our age and spending time in the sunshine, and people watching are our main activities. Along with sharing snacks. Boy, I really see how boring we are getting. :D We both have many medical issues, and we need something familiar, and easy at our age. I hate that Disney is quickly pricing us out, and all the cuts, and the filthy bathrooms (Walt would be appalled). But, I'm so happy that we went to DW when it was so good. Now, I feel sorry for those who never got to experience, it at it's best. We were blessed to do so. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Pretty sure most hotels have shuttles from the airport to the hotel and vice-versa. Do not get tied down just because Disney has a "magically themed bus".

Cesar R M

In other news.. went to the doctor.
Definitively got influenza.. one of the strong strains.
My left lung is completely filled with mucus and heavily swollen, I had to take a (gaasp) injection. My mother too since she might have been exposed to my variant too.
My higher throat, nose, etc.. seem fine. But my trachea clearly is swollen as well, and in pain.
So they changed my medication to reduce these problems, and also start treatment on my lungs to prevent any bacteria from trying to develop while my defenses are down fighting the influenza.

Figgy1

In two days it will be one month for me , not feeling well. Son in law is in his third week, and not close to well. There are some really bad bugs out there right now. Hubby is still sick too. What in the world is going on. Hubby read that pneumonia is really bad in the northeast. Boston is being hit the hardest, right now. I wonder how those that are running for President don't get sick. Lack of sleep, lots of people. Do they have a antibiotic, that we don't have? Not meaning to be political, but no one , no matter what party is staying well.
Lots and lots of hand sanitizer.

Figgy1

Uni is so much easier to navigate than WDW. They have a shuttle ferry that takes you from the resort to the parks and it is a hub. You either go into Uni gate, Adventure Gate or City Walk (downtown area) but it is only one end stop. No deciding which bus to get on to go where it is set up much like Disneyland all together not 43 square miles apart. It is simple and quick.

Look at the price of their annual passes. It is downright cheap in comparison to Disney AP. If the resorts and AP confuse you and you would like to genuinely experience something new go to a travel agent and they will get you the best deal.
Price, not hard to read:
https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes.aspx
^^^^This sound like fun. If things don't go extremely well in August that's what my dh and I will do 2017 as we have APs for Uni. We may even fly down:eek::eek::eek: and hire a nice car service to get us there and schlep our bags. One of the things I'm looking forward to is not having to make rope drop every morning. I most likely will as I'm a morning person, but it's nice to have the option.

Figgy1

In other news.. went to the doctor.
Definitively got influenza.. one of the strong strains.
My left lung is completely filled with mucus and heavily swollen, I had to take a (gaasp) injection. My mother too since she might have been exposed to my variant too.
My higher throat, nose, etc.. seem fine. But my trachea clearly is swollen as well, and in pain.
So they changed my medication to reduce these problems, and also start treatment on my lungs to prevent any bacteria from trying to develop while my defenses are down fighting the influenza.
Sympathy like, I'm sorry to hear that. Stay in bed, rest up, plenty of liquids and get well soon. xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom