The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, the Lion share of the revenue comes during Flower and Garden along with Wine with Food. They extended F&G this year too from March 2 thru the 30th of May. Next year if they extend both a little more they can have half the year covered. :cyclops:

The only reason they extended F&G was because they had cut out the Star Wars weekends, so F&G turned into an extended "filler". After the bean counters crunch the new numbers (once F&G is over), it will be interesting to see if the extended F&G actually turns more of a profit, than the popular Star Wars weekends did. There were some heavy crowds for Star Wars Weekends (I saw them; I'd arrive on a Sunday while F&G was winding down in mid-May), plus, all the merchandise sold quickly.

Figgy1

The only reason they extended F&G was because they had cut out the Star Wars weekends, so F&G turned into an extended "filler". After the bean counters crunch the new numbers (once F&G is over), it will be interesting to see if the extended F&G actually turns more of a profit, than the popular Star Wars weekends did. There were some heavy crowds for Star Wars Weekends (I saw them; I'd arrive on a Sunday while F&G was winding down in mid-May), plus, all the merchandise sold quickly.
The bean counters won't be counting as many of our beans with no SWW.:( I always managed to do a bit of birthday or holiday shopping on those weekends

Goofyernmost

never add quotes to a D on the internet lol.
because that has.. ahem.. a sexual indirect tone to it.

sorta saying " giiirll, did you get the D?"
Sorry, but, I will not succumb to some internet fetish. If someone has in impulse to think of that as having a sexual tone, I'd say that that is their problem and I will not alter the English language to make sure no one get offended. I'm mule headed that way.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had a fire going in the fireplace when I got up this morning. It's amazing what can be accomplished using just a Coleman lantern.

I have a mini coleman and it works nicely. I have several mini good quality tap type lights and I've been known to go outside and pilfer a dozen or so of my solar lights when the power goes out.

My DD has a nightlight that only goes on when the power goes out.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

I don't believe it is the only reason for F&G being extended. F&G has grown leaps and bounds over the years, I went to the first one and it was beyond pretty but more contained to Future World and the UK Pavilion. It has grown in weeks over the years not just since SW ended.
With or without SW it has turned into another Foodie Drunkie time in Epcot just a great deal prettier. So many food and adult beverage kiosks and ample gardening/spring souvenir booths. Just like the Halloween and Christmas parties the weeks keep extending to keep up with the demand and I believe anyhow it is the profit margins of these events ontop of admission is what motivates Disney to keep extending the weeks over the decades IMO :greedy:

Figgy1

I don't believe it is the only reason for F&G being extended. F&G has grown leaps and bounds over the years, I went to the first one and it was beyond pretty but more contained to Future World and the UK Pavilion. It has grown in weeks over the years not just since SW ended.
With or without SW it has turned into another Foodie Drunkie time in Epcot just a great deal prettier. So many food and adult beverage kiosks and ample gardening/spring souvenir booths. Just like the Halloween and Christmas parties the weeks keep extending to keep up with the demand and I believe anyhow it is the profit margins of these events ontop of admission is what motivates Disney to keep extending the weeks over the decades IMO :greedy:
My dh and I were thinking about going to F&G if we get APs but are the drunkies as bad as during F&W? Which we also want to do but again worried about drunkies.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
In other news.. went to the doctor.
Definitively got influenza.. one of the strong strains.
My left lung is completely filled with mucus and heavily swollen, I had to take a (gaasp) injection. My mother too since she might have been exposed to my variant too.
My higher throat, nose, etc.. seem fine. But my trachea clearly is swollen as well, and in pain.
So they changed my medication to reduce these problems, and also start treatment on my lungs to prevent any bacteria from trying to develop while my defenses are down fighting the influenza.
Sympathy like. Sounds like you've got an upper respritory infection, which is a complication from having the flu. And yeah, antibiotic is a good idea. You don't want to end up with pnuemonia, which is a concern since your lung is filled with fluid. Get well soon, Amigo. :)

betty rose

Good afternoon all. Our Doctor's appointment with blood draw went well. Hubby's was harder. My high blood pressure made the blood flow. This virus that I've had for a month tomorrow, had gone into my lungs with an infection. Antibiotics as soon as the pharmacy fills them. I'm out for today, will the vials of blood taken and having to fast, and this infection has really taken me down. I hope to be back online in a couple days. Right now, that I'm home....I'm getting on my pj's. And I'm watching frozen. I love the music, and have only seen it once. So I don't have frozen fatigue.;)

betty rose

My dh and I were thinking about going to F&G if we get APs but are the drunkies as bad as during F&W? Which we also want to do but again worried about drunkies.
We went last year to flower and garden, just stay away on week-ends, and you should be fine. Mostly older people , like us. Looking at the flowers. It's so pretty, my favorite thing to do this time of year.

Last edited:

betty rose

Good luck and i hope it's one and done.xoxo
Our appointment was at 9 this morning. We didn't get home until 11:30. That's a long time waiting. As you will see in another post, my flu, even getting the flu shot has developed into a lung infection. I'm really tired and still coughing up a lung. The antibiotics should help. So I'll be back online when I can sit in my chair!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom