The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm astounded at this increase. We will do our June trip, we are going for our 47th anniversary. But, instead of doing sometimes three trips, it will go down to two, this year, as we have our AP. Next year, we will go with the points banked through DVC, and after that.....one trip a year. We thought, about Uni, and their prices are crazy too. And it seems so complicated. We are getting old, and we don't have to learn anything new . Hubby says he doesn't want to have to start over. We are locked in for the next few years. After that, we will be staying home. The bus, is what changed our minds about doing Disney. It's so easy to get off the plane, have the checked bags delivered to the room. I've ruptured three discs over the years, due to a thyroid problem. I can't pull heavy bags anymore, so this is the best situation for us. Am I happy about Disney's cuts, and lack of general maintenance? No, I'm not ....We don't do many rides at our age and spending time in the sunshine, and people watching are our main activities. Along with sharing snacks. Boy, I really see how boring we are getting. :D We both have many medical issues, and we need something familiar, and easy at our age. I hate that Disney is quickly pricing us out, and all the cuts, and the filthy bathrooms (Walt would be appalled). But, I'm so happy that we went to DW when it was so good. Now, I feel sorry for those who never got to experience, it at it's best. We were blessed to do so. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Uni is so much easier to navigate than WDW. They have a shuttle ferry that takes you from the resort to the parks and it is a hub. You either go into Uni gate, Adventure Gate or City Walk (downtown area) but it is only one end stop. No deciding which bus to get on to go where it is set up much like Disneyland all together not 43 square miles apart. It is simple and quick.

Look at the price of their annual passes. It is downright cheap in comparison to Disney AP. If the resorts and AP confuse you and you would like to genuinely experience something new go to a travel agent and they will get you the best deal.
Price, not hard to read:
https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes.aspx

betty rose

Uni is so much easier to navigate than WDW. They have a shuttle ferry that takes you from the resort to the parks and it is a hub. You either go into Uni gate, Adventure Gate or City Walk (downtown area) but it is only one end stop. No deciding which bus to get on to go where it is set up much like Disneyland all together not 43 square miles apart. It is simple and quick.

Look at the price of their annual passes. It is downright cheap in comparison to Disney AP. If the resorts and AP confuse you and you would like to genuinely experience something new go to a travel agent and they will get you the best deal.
Price, not hard to read:
https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes.aspx
Thank you so much. Hubby is not into Harry Potter, so I'm going to do the same old thing. Hubby earned the money for the October trip, so I will defer to him.

Goofyernmost

Are you posting frankly again Sir? You know that gets you into trouble, you are not entitled to your own opinion without it being about 'you.'

I missed it, what thread?
I don't remember exactly which one that involved that Jekyll and Hyde thing, but, if you pick any of the treads in that area, I seem quite capable of stirring up a hornets nest. That's OK, it keeps my heart beating and my brain cells exercised. :happy:

donaldtoo

Okay, quick question: has anyone here ever been to a Noodles and Company and if so, how was it?

Trying to figure out dinner...

We had 5 of 'em here in Austin at one point, but, they're all gone now. We went once, and I remember liking it, but, can't for the life of me, remember what I had.
Again, so far behind, hope if you did go, it was good. :)

I just want to be at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor right now having a mint chocolate chip cone...!!! :hungry:

donaldtoo

Let's just say still not finished, which is why I'm now trying to figure out dinner. I brought lunch, but there's only so many times you can run between floors and still accomplish something in one morning.

There have been a couple setbacks which my parents are not happy with the contractor about. Namely, my parents had to hire their own electrician to fix what the electrician that the contractor had hired did.

Yep, a lot of these subs come in hot snot thinkin' what they can do, and turn out to be cold buggers. ;)
You need good experience and a good rep. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you so much. Hubby is not into Harry Potter, so I'm going to do the same old thing. Hubby earned the money for the October trip, so I will defer to him.

I am with your hubby, Harry Potter is of no interest to me. I would kind of like to try Universal again, but none of their characters enthuse me. So I guess I'd rather put out the money for Disney as that hold great interest to me.

Gabe1

9 more days of Drunkytown...!!! :joyfull:
They'll probably add 9 more days each year until the new lands/attractions open...gotta' keep the revenue pumpin', somehow... :cyclops:

Yep, the Lion share of the revenue comes during Flower and Garden along with Wine with Food. They extended F&G this year too from March 2 thru the 30th of May. Next year if they extend both a little more they can have half the year covered. :cyclops:

Gabe1

So this came in the mail today! (Only 19 days to go!)
View attachment 132793

mickbar.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom