The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

ok, I mean "THE REAL BUFFALO" apocalyptic snow ;)
If it makes you feel any better my friend, I got your reference when you first did it. I have always thought that a joke or sarcastic statement that isn't understood should never be explained. ;):joyfull: And I have found it to be true as well, those that make like the nicest thing in the world is snow, are a whole lot less enthusiastic about it when they are up to their armpits in it. :in pain: That or if they don't have to shovel or drive in it are the ones that think it is so pretty.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Oops, forgot to quote @Cesar R M - re the RED movie.

Yes, both of them.
Both at the theatre. Both, here in Buffalo.

You seem surprised?!

Although, I normally abhor on-screen violence, this is not the kind of violence that bothers me.
This is almost comedic violence. Something I will never encounter in real life.

Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter ... that's the stuff that keeps me up at night.
Hubby watches all that stuff. He used to watch it in the living room, while I sat beside him, messing around on the iPad. Unfortunately I could hear what was going on, and once or twice I looked at the screen. Even without my glasses, I know what it looks like when some guy burns another guy's face with an iron.

I can't explain it, but this kind of hands on, mano a mano violence wounds me. It troubles my soul.
That big bang, blow 'em violence doesn't phase me.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hahaaa...!
Basically the same thing with some modifications, but, these guys are cool too...! :)

9007508b9c64c0c022a97620e9ae4b99.jpg
Fraternal Twins :hungry:

Gabe1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALTER!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: I wish for many treats in your future, many dogs to meet and play with, squirrels and birds to chase, and lots of love from your human family!! :happy:

He had a great day. It wasn't sunny but warm for December so he was able to find his critter friends on his walks.
He knows Happy Birthday Walter phrase means something good is going to happen.

My surprise was he was loving the frosting on his cupcake (why by the way was good frosting) more than the cake part. He didn't start on the cake until all the Frosting was gone gone gone.

Gabe1

About midnight last night it sounded like about 20 seconds of gunfire. A transformer blew up on the far backend of our property high up on a pole. DH called and about a hour later the power truck came. Bright yellow lights likely waking up the entire neighborhood who didn't hear the blasts earlier. DH managed to fall back asleep, as did Walt, DD up intermittentaly. I think it was 4pm when they were done. I could see @MinnieM123 posting away and I hadn't fallen asleep yet. :oops:

Power guy I could see thinking about entering my yard, I knew Walt was inside him not so much as he stopped and read my beware of dog sign posted.
Dog-Warning-Sign-K-9805.gif

There he is scanning the backyard with his bright flash light looking for Walt. I wish I had one that bright.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
A few more examples of Joe's over the top Christmas decorating.
And for the record, I love it. Not sure I'd want a steady diet of it, but for the Holiday Season, it's pretty magical. Here we goooooo ....

image.jpg
(Olaf's Christmas tree)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Another ginormous chandelier:
image.jpg
image.jpg
And the last, but not least of the lobby pics:
image.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Sorry to hear about your dental woes. I've had tons of dental work through the years. On those days that I had bigger procedures done, I'd have my non-chewing food at home. I think you said you like instant potatoes--those are great, and sprinkle in some grated parmesan cheese (like Kraft) and some butter. Yogurt, pudding, diced egg salad with mayo, (without bread), and brown or white rice. I figure there's probably something in that group, in addition to soups, that you might like to help get you through a non-chewing day. :)
Thanks for the tip. :) I ended up having more soup and then some pasta. I should go back to the food I lived off of when I had my tonsils out: cheese curls. I just would suck on them and swallow without chewing. :joyfull:

For me, it doesn't matter what I get done; I will be sore. I plan that I don't have anywhere to go for that day or the day after because I just end up so sore, or I end up sore and have a migraine. I also have to use Sensodyne toothpaste because my teeth are so sensitive. Just have sensitive teeth. Thankfully, I haven't had a lot done. Never needed braces, had a few cavities here and there, and then had the sealant done because I was getting so many cavities down deep in the tooth where the toothbrush wasn't getting.

Today was bad. You know it's bad when I ate one Oreo and then didn't want any more, and then didn't want Utz potato chips either. I think they didn't numb me enough before putting in the Novocaine needle. Normally you don't feel it. I felt it. And it hurt.

At least they told me that they didn't see any "watch" spots, so it should be at least a year before I have to have another one of these done...hopefully longer.

seahawk7

I'm 52, and have never had my wisdom teeth out. They gave me some problems many years ago, but, I just kept puttin' it off. The dentist told me I would wake up one mornin' feelin' like somebody smashed me in the jaw with a baseball bat, and I'd be beggin' to have 'em out. Never happened.

Plus, I figure I need all the wisdom I can get...! :D ;) :)
@donaldtoo, knock on wood please. I worry about you.

seahawk7

Oops, forgot to quote @Cesar R M - re the RED movie.

Yes, both of them.
Both at the theatre. Both, here in Buffalo.

You seem surprised?!

Although, I normally abhor on-screen violence, this is not the kind of violence that bothers me.
This is almost comedic violence. Something I will never encounter in real life.

Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter ... that's the stuff that keeps me up at night.
Hubby watches all that stuff. He used to watch it in the living room, while I sat beside him, messing around on the iPad. Unfortunately I could hear what was going on, and once or twice I looked at the screen. Even without my glasses, I know what it looks like when some guy burns another guy's face with an iron.

I can't explain it, but this kind of hands on, mano a mano violence wounds me. It troubles my soul.
That big bang, blow 'em violence doesn't phase me.
You just named three of my favorite series. :hilarious::hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If it makes you feel any better my friend, I got your reference when you first did it. I have always thought that a joke or sarcastic statement that isn't understood should never be explained. ;):joyfull: And I have found it to be true as well, those that make like the nicest thing in the world is snow, are a whole lot less enthusiastic about it when they are up to their armpits in it. :in pain: That or if they don't have to shovel or drive in it are the ones that think it is so pretty.

Some of what you say is true. In my case, I actually enjoy shovelling snow. :happy: But, I don't drive in it--too scary for Minnie!! :jawdrop: :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom