The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Still suffering from a meat hangover from last night's dinner, so my brekkie looks like this:
image.jpg

Hubby seems to be over his meat hangover. His plate:
image.jpg

Hullooooo, do I see potatoes?
So, maybe these are mine too:
image.jpg
Hubby might have been a little "ketchup happy". I scarcely touched it though, as these potatoes were pretty darn fine all on their own.

We're just finishing our coffee, alternately looking at the depressing news on the t.v. and the depressing pouring rain out the window.
So sad about those 130 (mostly children) killed in Pakistan.

Goofyernmost

So I had to replace a car battery today....original one was still in my car (5 years old) so I got it replaced just in case for 5 years is a long time. $100 for a 12 month battery. I'm thinking I got screwed and I didn't even know they made 12 month batteries. I guess I should have asked for a 5 year battery but I didn't know they were going to give year battery.

It's okay though if I did get screwed because the mechanic has good prices. Replaced my big @$$ front windshield for $200 when everywhere else wanted $500 to $600 to do it.
Something that is important to know... a battery is usually good until it isn't. A one year battery means very little, they could last longer then that or less. If you pay attention to the sound of your car when you are starting it and if you watch the alt. gauge (if you have one) as a battery weakens you can usually tell by the fact that it seems and appears weak. Even then it might not be the battery, it could very well be the alternator. Usually the battery though which is a lot cheaper.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Going by his picture he may shrink the tumor, but, he is certainly headed for a massive heart attack. Either one can kill you!
Pretty sure crack isn't all that good for you either.

One thing at a time, my friend.
He's off the crack. The tumour is shrinking. And believe it or not, he's lost quite a bit of weight with the chemo. A lot of what you see in his face is "bloat" right now.

SagamoreBeach

I also love walking. It just depends upon my mood and how much time I have to pursue either activity. The only thing I actually hate is running, or even jogging. I can walk for miles; but unless I'm late for something, I refuse to run even 10 feet! :happy:
I love taking a walk during a quiet snowfall. As soon as it starts to snow I head out for a walk. But if it's windy....fuggetaboutit!
-T

SagamoreBeach

cereal is for pansies.. real men eat ramen noodles of the instant kind lol.
Years ago I lived on Ramen Noodles - couldn't afford much else. Would cook them up in plain water then drain. Add the seasoning packet with a couple tablespoons of butter and mix... I was in heaven. Then there was the old Minute Rice reconsituted with Campbell's Cream of (insert your favorite flavor) Soup.
Thank God - life has changed!
-T

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I really like your backyard sign! :D

Thank you. That was off the computer, mine actually has a picture of a Lab. The saga continued as it appeared I was the first stop on the power companies to do list early this morning. At least DH & DD managed to shower etc before the power went out and were able to get cars out of the garage. Proceeded to restring all the wires outside on the property. There were six men in my yard, they obviously didn't care about my beware of dog sign.

Gabe1

I love taking a walk during a quiet snowfall. As soon as it starts to snow I head out for a walk. But if it's windy....fuggetaboutit!
-T

I love walking Walt in the fresh snow. So pretty hanging onto the normally ugly leafless trees. Next day the snow is Ugly, splashed with gray matter, trees are back to bare. Something about fresh snow that turns Walt into a romping puppy again.

Gabe1

Link between annual income and weather temperture, 40 year data suggests the warmer the weather you live in the less money you make on average. For every degree in temperture above 59 the productivity of workers decrease by 2%. The most productive workers average temperature is between 54-59 degrees. :coldfeet:

-The National Bureau of Economic Research-

Gabe1

Ya just have to wonder....

6-86349-mm_signs2-1418408798.jpg

6-86354-mm_signs19-1418411816.jpg

6-86355-mm_signs13-1418411958.jpg

6-86350-mm_signs21-1418412047.jpg

6-64715-espressobumper-1395691185.jpg

donaldtoo

So I had to replace a car battery today....original one was still in my car (5 years old) so I got it replaced just in case for 5 years is a long time. $100 for a 12 month battery. I'm thinking I got screwed and I didn't even know they made 12 month batteries. I guess I should have asked for a 5 year battery but I didn't know they were going to give year battery.

It's okay though if I did get screwed because the mechanic has good prices. Replaced my big @$$ front windshield for $200 when everywhere else wanted $500 to $600 to do it.

I have never replaced a battery before it went out. They're not gone 'til they won't turn the engine over enough to start it anymore. Plus, if the vehicle has been sitting it may be perfectly fine, but, just need a charge. Use it 'til it's gone.
Also, when one of ours is dead, the things I check first are the inexpensive stuff...loose cable, corroded terminal, etc., then work up from there.
It also helps that I have a meter, so I can test for a bad battery, alternator, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom