The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

The desserts everyone is posting are killing me! They look SO good. I think I may try to make those little trees @donaldtoo shared... hmmm.

Oh my, I meant no harm. I sowwy... :oops: ;)
They sure are cute, aren't they? And, just in case, here's a little "behind the scenes" on how that magic was created... :)

10ce81f0e6fb5bc0d2ad6fe319832037.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
After 6+ years, they have switched up the menu, big time.
No more Steak a la Russell. No more menu options that included salad, coffee and dessert. And horror of horrors, no more stuffed mushrooms.

The new menu:
image.jpg
image.jpg
We started with the sausage bread.
image.jpg
And close up:
image.jpg
Regular bread service:
image.jpg
Hubby ordered the Caesar salad.
image.jpg
Entrees. I ordered the pork chop. I've had it before. It was just as good as I remembered, but yowza, it was a huge hunk of meat. I left more than half of it.
image.jpg
Mike had the 24 oz. prime rib.
image.jpg
Except for that piece of fat on the end, he ate it all! :jawdrop:
And then, he ate half of this:
image.jpg

Neither of us had room for dessert.
We are now back in the room, drinking coffee, and lamenting that we didn't get the chocolate strawberries "to go".
I have at least a dozen more decoration pics to post, but I have to check in on my Tribez.
:brb:

donaldtoo

Saw St. Vincent this afternoon.
The tears absolutely coursed down my cheeks. Plus, I laughed like crazy.
Add in 2 tubs of popcorn :jawdrop:, and a 90% Coke Zero/10% Cherry Coke mixed soda, my Honey, and you have the formula for a perfect afternoon.

Bill Murray is a pretty amazing actor, and MM stepped out of her Bridesmaids/Tammy schtick and was absolutely lovely. The kid playing Oliver was heart-breakingly sweet.

Highly recommended!

Yep, Bill Murray really impressed me as something beyond just a "funny guy" when I saw him in "The Razor's Edge" back in '84. Pretty much like Robin Williams in "The World According to Garp".
Sounds like we need to see this one. Thanks for the recommendation...! :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yep, Bill Murray really impressed me as something beyond a "funny guy" when I saw him in "The Razor's Edge" back in '84. Pretty much like Robin Williams in "The World According to Garp".
Sounds like we need to see this one. Thanks for the recommendation...! :)
If you see it, let me know what you think. I always like to hear other people's take on something I've seen.
Mike and I have very different taste in movies/t.v., and it's always nice when we both thoroughly enjoy the same film. Hasn't happened since RED and the first Chris Pine/Star Trek reboot.
We both were meh on IJ and the Crystal Skull though.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I was curious about Bill Murray, so I just Googled him.
Two surprising things:
- he's 6' 2"
- he's NOT Canadian

So I query Hubby.
Me: How tall is Bill Murray?
H: 6' 2"
Me: Where was he born?
H: I don't know. He's Canadian though.

We both erroneously that he was Canadian. Must be all that hanging around with Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis, I guess.

BTW - I loved Bill Murray in Tootsie.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think my 20 month old is already "high" on all things Disney. She can now point out who is Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy...and for some reason Anna and Elsa (and when she sees these two, she yells out, "let it go! let it go!")

And it was not something that I even pushed her to learn. She just picked it up somehow. I have created a Disney monster!!

donaldtoo

I think my 20 month old is already "high" on all things Disney. She can now point out who is Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy...and for some reason Anna and Elsa (and when she sees these two, she yells out, "let it go! let it go!")

And it was not something that I even pushed her to learn. She just picked it up somehow. I have created a Disney monster!!

Welcome to the club! Our three 20-something "kiddos" are all, still, Disney monsters...! :)

donaldtoo

I managed to get migraine medication in me quick enough that it never developed, but after prescription pain killers, Excedrin migraine, and ibuprofen, I still cannot chew. I've had a lot of soup today.

So silly. I didn't have any cavities, but two of my fillings cracked. So they had to take them out completely and redo them. I'm dreading if I ever have to have my wisdom teeth out. I'm just super sensitive to dental procedures. My mom is the same way

I'm 52, and have never had my wisdom teeth out. They gave me some problems many years ago, but, I just kept puttin' it off. The dentist told me I would wake up one mornin' feelin' like somebody smashed me in the jaw with a baseball bat, and I'd be beggin' to have 'em out. Never happened.

Plus, I figure I need all the wisdom I can get...! :D ;) :)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I taped it. Anything interesting?

It made my wanna go see Newsies when they come to my city. Although that was going to happen anyways as Newsies is one of DW's favorite musicals.

And they had some decent guests and behind the scenes stuff. Most I was already aware of though.

Cesar R M

After 6+ years, they have switched up the menu, big time.
No more Steak a la Russell. No more menu options that included salad, coffee and dessert. And horror of horrors, no more stuffed mushrooms.

The new menu:
View attachment 76625
View attachment 76626
We started with the sausage bread.
View attachment 76627
And close up:
View attachment 76628
Regular bread service:
View attachment 76629
Hubby ordered the Caesar salad.
View attachment 76630
Entrees. I ordered the pork chop. I've had it before. It was just as good as I remembered, but yowza, it was a huge hunk of meat. I left more than half of it.
View attachment 76631
Mike had the 24 oz. prime rib.
View attachment 76632
Except for that piece of fat on the end, he ate it all! :jawdrop:
And then, he ate half of this:
View attachment 76633

Neither of us had room for dessert.
We are now back in the room, drinking coffee, and lamenting that we didn't get the chocolate strawberries "to go".
I have at least a dozen more decoration pics to post, but I have to check in on my Tribez.
:brb:
that prime looks insane! DO WANT! D:

Cesar R M

If you see it, let me know what you think. I always like to hear other people's take on something I've seen.
Mike and I have very different taste in movies/t.v., and it's always nice when we both thoroughly enjoy the same film. Hasn't happened since REDS and the first Chris Pine/Star Trek reboot.
We both were meh on IJ and the Crystal Skull though.
you seen the RED movies with Bruce Willis?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom