The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Olive Garden is good for people who do not have great restaurants near them or just want a lazy meal.

I, personally, do not understand why they are doing so bad. Last time I went, I waited 30 minutes for a table. And yes, there is a Carrabbas across the street. The Macaroni Grill was here but didn't do good so it closed.
No reason for me to ever go to Olive Garden

We've got a lot of local places, plus Outback, Macaroni Grille, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's...there's a lot to choose from.

FutureCEO

We've got a lot of local places, plus Outback, Macaroni Grille, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's...there's a lot to choose from.

We have those too. Though the Cheesecake Factory is in Providence and I'm near the other malls in RI.

Ex....there are two malls within a mile from each other. Course one of them has nothing in it expect for a few stores and restaurants (Chucky E Cheese anyone). Company that bought the mall might put in outlet shops. Just what we need, more traffic on a road that is already crazy traffic.

In RI, it only takes an hour or less to go from one border to the other but that is considered a daytrip to most RIers.

donaldtoo

Yep, we have all a' that down here, as well, in spades. Plus, tons of ethnic, family-run places, too. Due to The University of Texas, high-tech, music, and other related businesses/industries, Austin is very diverse. :)

Cesar R M

I like them both actually, but Spiderman 2 with Tobey is better than the Amazing Spiderman 2.

Evidently, there was a disagreement with director Sam Raimi, and the studio couldn't come to an agreement with him.

I actually prefer Andrew Garfield over Tobey Maguire. For one, and this is a female thing, Andrew Garfield is hot and Tobey Maguire reminds me too much of one of my uncles. Sad but true. I think Andrew Garfield is a better actor too. I like his sarcasm with the character.

There are things I like about each series. I like that they explain what happened to Peter's parents in the new one. I think the story was better in Spiderman 2 than any of the others. I liked Amazing Spiderman better as a back story than Spiderman 1 with Tobey. Dr. Octopus was the best villain in all of them. I like Sally Field as Aunt May better than the original Aunt May. But I preferred James Franco as Harry Osborne.

And Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey over Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson any day of the week. Did not like MJ at all. Loved Gwen Stacey. Also, although Amazing Spiderman 2 was not as good as it could have been if they had made a simpler plot, it was not nearly as bad as Spiderman 3.

So both had high and low points. I just hope that if Marvel/Disney gets the rights back to Spiderman and decide to include him with the Avengers that they don't drop Andrew Garfield like it's rumored that they would.
one thing that Amazing Spiderman did very well.. was the classic Spiderman banter.
Parker is ALWAYS TALKING when he is "in spiddey suit", which causes distraction.
Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2 had clear examples of this chit chat.

Cesar R M

Also, love, love, love Big Hero Six. Absolutely great. Right up there with Incredibles IMO. First I laughed. Then I cried (I mean, bawled.) Then I laughed some more. Then I cried again. But by the end, I was smiling again. My brother asked if we could see it again. We will definitely get it when it comes out on DVD.
I just hope you dont transform into a creepy Tadashi Hamada fangirl (lol)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And I really do enjoy them. I linger on the steak pictures especially.
Tomorrow. The house specialty is called Steak a la Russell.

We will probably start with an order of their yummy sausage bread. And then some stuffed mushrooms.

Salad is included. I will have Caesar (with no croutons). Hubby will probably get the house salad with tomato vinaigrette.

For our entree, one or both of us will order the steak.

Dessert will probably be one tiramisu, and one order of chocolate dipped strawberries. Once in a while, Hubby deviates and gets the apple pie.

Coffee to the end the evening, and then plaintive wails of "Ooooooh, I ate too much".

Let's see if tomorrow's photos bear out tonight's predictions.

http://www.salvatores.net

If you've read the backstory in the attached link, I will now fill in the rest:

Hotel and restaurant were started by Papa (Russell). Son (Joe) grew up in the business, and when Daddio finally retired, he bought both the hotel and the restaurant, and stayed true to his father's standards.

Well, Daddio decided he wasn't happy in retirement, and began construction a couple of blocks away, on a hospitality training school (Trocaire). Everyone here was very excited, as now all new staff would be trained to Daddio's high standards.

Except, Russell kept building. A hotel. And a restaurant.

And this time, he abandoned all the kitsch, and charming over-the-top decor he had stuck Joe with, and went high end hotel chic this time. Many of the specials, both in the hotel and the restaurant, were lifted directly from his previous businesses. He even offers a "Steak a la Russell".

What had started out as a very friendly supportive relationship between father and son has ended in them being bitter rivals.
The other hotel also bears the name Salvatore's.

Awkward!

We actually weren't able to get into this (the original hotel) in June (due to it being jam packed with wedding guests using the huge banquet facilities at the restaurant), that we finally broke down and stayed at Daddio's.
(I posted dinner pictures of that meal too.) We felt like such traitors, but had an equally lovely stay.

Because of the decorations, we have decided to continue staying at Joe's for Christmas, and our May anniversary trip MIGHT occasionally be at Russell's.

Clearly I have the iPad back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom