The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
My niece (sophmore) was telling me mismatched socks are currently a trend in her school. :)
I bought them last year at Little Missmatched in DTD.
They actually sell you three totally mismatched socks in a pack.

I, of course, bought two identical packs, so theoretically, I could have three matched pairs.
That violates the spirit of the whole concept though; so fun-gal Jen trumped OCD Jen for a change.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
We're here.
Hit duty-free before crossing the border. Spent $150 on stocking stuffers. I engaged the cashier in conversation, 'cause that's what I do, and she said she liked me and gave us 10% off everything. Nice.

Stopped in at Walden Galleria first. That place was mobbed. Stupid Canadians. :p
Scarcely anywhere to park, due to cars with Ontario plates. Stupid Canadians. :p
Every garbage can outside was over-flowing with discarded boxes, bags and tags. Stupid Canadians. :p

Bought a pair of boots for $40 (reg. $89.99) at Famous Footwear. Pic to follow later.
Went in to D-i-c-k's Sports. Each checkout was 20-30 deep. Pass.

Bought 2 funky lava lamps at Spencer's gifts. Not really a fan of that store anymore. I probably found it amusing before I grew up and got old. Now I just find most of it to be in poor taste.

Picked up a gift (a fan/clock, hard to explain) for Son #2, as he is now short in the gift department, given that I will not be buying a bunch of new stuff for his apartment.

Anyway, an hour in that chaos was enough. Will be much quieter tomorrow.

We are now checked in, chilling, and headed out to eat shortly, as neither of us has eaten. I fancy some Olive Garden. I know some folks like to disparage OG, but I find it to be filling, tasty food, at a reasonable price.
Besides, our fancy-schmancy dinner is tomorrow evening.

FutureCEO

I like them both actually, but Spiderman 2 with Tobey is better than the Amazing Spiderman 2.

Evidently, there was a disagreement with director Sam Raimi, and the studio couldn't come to an agreement with him.

I actually prefer Andrew Garfield over Tobey Maguire. For one, and this is a female thing, Andrew Garfield is hot and Tobey Maguire reminds me too much of one of my uncles. Sad but true. I think Andrew Garfield is a better actor too. I like his sarcasm with the character.

There are things I like about each series. I like that they explain what happened to Peter's parents in the new one. I think the story was better in Spiderman 2 than any of the others. I liked Amazing Spiderman better as a back story than Spiderman 1 with Tobey. Dr. Octopus was the best villain in all of them. I like Sally Field as Aunt May better than the original Aunt May. But I preferred James Franco as Harry Osborne.

And Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey over Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson any day of the week. Did not like MJ at all. Loved Gwen Stacey. Also, although Amazing Spiderman 2 was not as good as it could have been if they had made a simpler plot, it was not nearly as bad as Spiderman 3.

So both had high and low points. I just hope that if Marvel/Disney gets the rights back to Spiderman and decide to include him with the Avengers that they don't drop Andrew Garfield like it's rumored that they would.

I loved Kirsten Dunst. Of course, I have no clue where she is now. I saw Andrew Garfield 1 on TV but only saw 3/4 of it

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I loved Kirsten Dunst. Of course, I have no clue where she is now. I saw Andrew Garfield 1 on TV but only saw 3/4 of it
I don't think it was the actress so much as the way they wrote the character. Girl who always gets in trouble, screams, and then needs Spiderman to save her. The screaming part bothered me.

Gwen Stacey, on the other hand, was highly intelligent, never screamed, and only needed to be rescued because she was trying to help a little too much. Stronger female character, which is what I prefer.

I actually only went to see Amazing 1 because a couple of my friends dragged me to the movies. I saw it before I saw the Tobey films. Now I have both Amazings and Tobey 2. Wasn't wild about Tobey 1. It's okay, not great

donaldtoo

View attachment 76438 Craft show done. Some presents purchased. Now miles and miles of isles.

Hahaaa...!
Mickey antenna topper! :)

My Sorcerer Mickey AT is now on another vehicle.
Unfortunately, Lilly Dimples is gettin' a bit long in the tooth, so we decided I better procure another vehicle for when she is done. In the meantime, she will remain with us as a spare.
The "new" ride is an '03 Chevy Malibu that we got for a song (paid cash), from a friend of my pops. Only 39,000 original miles. It's dark green, and the engine, interior, and exterior are in excellent shape. 4-door, automatic (I've been drivin' stick for decades). Plus, it came with new tires, new brakes, and a new battery...! :happy: :)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

donaldtoo

Good morning, Peeps.

I will be around a little less for a couple of days.
We are going to Buffalo for our usual Christmas shopping trip.

Let me know what y'all need, 'cause everyone knows Buffalo is a shopping Mecca! :hilarious:

OK, looks like my first post of the day, in response to the original version of this post, got deleted. So, I'll try again...

I'll Take some wings and beer, please...!!! :joyfull: :hungry: :D ;) :)
And, again, hope y'all have a safe and enjoyable trip. Sounds like y'all are, so far.
Lookin' forward to more (especially food :hungry: ;)) pics...! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom