The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I was supposed to run this morning but for the life of me I can't get motivated.
d36b2053de622b9b1f32d4d0cbbedc58.jpg

DVCPluto

Hi All! Sorry that I have not been on the boards in a LONG time! It's been crazy here ever since Thanksgiving. And this is a long one, so don't be too mad at me! I need some feedback from those who know best!! :)

We just got back from WDW and it was a great trip! I'll try to post some of my favorite pics/moments later on.

First, I need your help. In the past, I've stated my concerns for FP+, but have also shared our awesome experiences with it. This trip, not so much: The app was awful - slow, wouldn't load or would load half a page, FPs disappeared but were still there in real life. (And I used their wifi and turned wifi off - no difference. Same on my DH's phone).

My main concern was trying to change a FP while in the parks. And I'll explain as though you all know what I'm talking about and have used it, so I can clarify if needed.

In the beginning of last week, if I chose the option to "change the experience" - the app would give me options for that specific time slot or tell me if nothing was available. Toward the middle of the week, if I chose the same option, it would be very glitchy and eventually do nothing, so I left them alone. (Which led to unused FPs -not cool). At the end of our stay (Wed and Thur), I chose "change the experience" and many options showed up (this should have been a red flag). Well, it would also change the time, without telling you the time until everything was finalized.

For example:

I had Splash Mountain from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
It was cold, so we wanted to see what else was available at that time (It was maybe 11:00 a.m. same day)
It showed that we could choose Meet Mickey in Town Square
So I selected this option.

It brought me to the screen that said - "congrats your FP+ has been changed."

However - We now had Meet Mickey at 8:50 p.m. - 9:50 p.m. Which we could not do.

I went to a kiosk and they said - oh it's been that way since January - it just picks a time. Um, no it hasn't and no it didn't.

When I asked - can I see the time choices on my app? The CM said no. I asked, don't they think this is a problem?? He said yes. Once he could see that I knew what I was talking about, he started to change his tone of "This is how it has always been" and told me I could talk to someone at the front of the park at the main FP+ place. Since I didn't want to take the time away from my son and family, I opted to just contact them when we got home, which is where I am now.

How can you plan without seeing the times? What if I had a meal at that time? I'm still frustrated and I hope I'm making sense. I'd like to send a more detailed (and well thought out) email to the powers that be to explain my frustration, but I wanted to get your feedback first.

Also - what email is the best to send my complaint to?

Thanks so much for reading my novelette and for any feedback!! :)

StarWarsGirl

Hi All! Sorry that I have not been on the boards in a LONG time! It's been crazy here ever since Thanksgiving. And this is a long one, so don't be too mad at me! I need some feedback from those who know best!! :)

We just got back from WDW and it was a great trip! I'll try to post some of my favorite pics/moments later on.

First, I need your help. In the past, I've stated my concerns for FP+, but have also shared our awesome experiences with it. This trip, not so much: The app was awful - slow, wouldn't load or would load half a page, FPs disappeared but were still there in real life. (And I used their wifi and turned wifi off - no difference. Same on my DH's phone).

My main concern was trying to change a FP while in the parks. And I'll explain as though you all know what I'm talking about and have used it, so I can clarify if needed.

In the beginning of last week, if I chose the option to "change the experience" - the app would give me options for that specific time slot or tell me if nothing was available. Toward the middle of the week, if I chose the same option, it would be very glitchy and eventually do nothing, so I left them alone. (Which led to unused FPs -not cool). At the end of our stay (Wed and Thur), I chose "change the experience" and many options showed up (this should have been a red flag). Well, it would also change the time, without telling you the time until everything was finalized.

For example:

I had Splash Mountain from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
It was cold, so we wanted to see what else was available at that time (It was maybe 11:00 a.m. same day)
It showed that we could choose Meet Mickey in Town Square
So I selected this option.

It brought me to the screen that said - "congrats your FP+ has been changed."

However - We now had Meet Mickey at 8:50 p.m. - 9:50 p.m. Which we could not do.

I went to a kiosk and they said - oh it's been that way since January - it just picks a time. Um, no it hasn't and no it didn't.

When I asked - can I see the time choices on my app? The CM said no. I asked, don't they think this is a problem?? He said yes. Once he could see that I knew what I was talking about, he started to change his tone of "This is how it has always been" and told me I could talk to someone at the front of the park at the main FP+ place. Since I didn't want to take the time away from my son and family, I opted to just contact them when we got home, which is where I am now.

How can you plan without seeing the times? What if I had a meal at that time? I'm still frustrated and I hope I'm making sense. I'd like to send a more detailed (and well thought out) email to the powers that be to explain my frustration, but I wanted to get your feedback first.

Also - what email is the best to send my complaint to?

Thanks so much for reading my novelette and for any feedback!! :)
Personally, having used the system in January when it was semi crowded, and then not crowded at all, in June, when it was normal crowds, and then August, which ranged from heavy crowds to nothing at all, the more crowded it is, the more glitchy the system. It's glitchy all of the time I also don't recommend changing times on a Smartphone if you can avoid it. Go to a kiosk if you're in the park, or to the help center at your resort. I usually bring a laptop too.

Next time, if you have an issue, complain when it happens. They will probably do something for you. They have the ability to give extra FPs. But now that you're at home, use the form on their website and request a response. I've never once sent them an email and had them not respond. They're usually also usually pretty willing to do something for you for your troubles, especially if you're nice about it.

Glad you had a fun trip even with the FP+ glitchiness. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They needed a longer testing period before rolling it out to everyone

StarWarsGirl

I love that you watch Star Wars the way nature intended.
It's kind of become tradition. The semester ends; I watch Star Wars. All in a row. Last semester, I even did it on Star Wars Day (May the fourth be with you). If I only have time for one, Empire Strikes Back usually wins. I will probably take my Blue Rays with me and watch them in Hilton Head. Yes, all in a row.

And as far as I am concerned, the prequels do not exist. :cautious:

FutureCEO

In news

--Newton is in the news again but for pointless lawsuit
--Apparently, they are building a Station Nightclub fire memorial...12 years later....why do we need a memorial for everything, I have no clue. It's like everybody gets a trophy. I actually had dreams of sirens that night...little did I know that they were real.
--The events in Sydney are over

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom