The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Hahaaa...!
Mickey antenna topper! :)

My Sorcerer Mickey AT is now on another vehicle.
Unfortunately, Lilly Dimples is gettin' a bit long in the tooth, so we decided I better procure another vehicle for when she is done. In the meantime, she will remain with us as a spare.
The "new" ride is an '03 Chevy Malibu that we got for a song (paid cash), from a friend of my pops. Only 39,000 original miles. It's dark green, and the engine, interior, and exterior are in excellent shape. 4-door, automatic (I've been drivin' stick for decades). Plus, it came with new tires, new brakes, and a new battery...! :happy: :)
that looks like a pumpkin + thanksgiving hat.
Is that really a Mickey antenna topper?

Cesar R M

That Tour of Italy doesn't look like the picture.

Olive Garden is ok...but they've improved the pasta offerings at the grocery store and you can make comparable food at home pretty easily.

Carrabas is better.

Still, I wouldn't say no if someone invited me out to OG for a meal!
the position of the dishes are swapped.
The pasta is on the top right in the photo, its on the left on Jennifer's.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The shrimp look totally different though.
I had one. Not impressed.
Tasted like a smoky bbq sauce poured over regular shrimp. It's the only item I thought was meh.
Mike loved the shrimp though, and that's really all that matters. :)

Cesar R M

Olive Garden is good for people who do not have great restaurants near them or just want a lazy meal.

I, personally, do not understand why they are doing so bad. Last time I went, I waited 30 minutes for a table. And yes, there is a Carrabbas across the street. The Macaroni Grill was here but didn't do good so it closed.
Probably bad management and some stores not doing well due of bad quality.
If one restaurant sinks, it carries the others down.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I know. But, look closely at the picture.

Specifically the sad portion of marinara on the "real" one vs the picture and the other pasta.

Also, the size of the shrimp. Those are medium, not jumbo (like the picture).

It's not just the "positions" that made me comment that.

Cesar R M

The shrimp look totally different though.
I had one. Not impressed.
Tasted like a smoky bbq sauce poured over regular shrimp. It's the only item I thought was meh.
Mike loved the shrimp though, and that's really all that matters. :)
aaaah I see!

I know. But, look closely at the picture.

Specifically the sad portion of marinara on the "real" one vs the picture and the other pasta.

Also, the size of the shrimp. Those are medium, not jumbo (like the picture).

It's not just the "positions" that made me comment that.

to be honest... I have yet to see food photos that looks really like the thing being served in restaurants.
Most of the time the photos are perfectly shot and sometimes they dont even use REAL FOOD for the display.

Reminds me of these Domino's and Pizza Hut's comercials, where the pizzas are literally NAILED to a wood floor. then, the cheese is torched heavily to make it smoothly slide as the "presenter" picks up a slice.

Let's not even talk about the photos of Hamburgers vs the real thing.

The only burger joint in my area that looks the same in photos is Carl's JR.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
aaaah I see!

to be honest... I have yet to see food photos that looks really like the thing being served in restaurants.
Most of the time the photos are perfectly shot and sometimes they dont even use REAL FOOD for the display.

Reminds me of these Domino's and Pizza Hut's comercials, where the pizzas are literally NAILED to a wood floor. then, the cheese is torched heavily to make it smoothly slide as the "presenter" picks up a slice.

Let's not even talk about the photos of Hamburgers vs the real thing.

The only burger joint in my area that looks the same in photos is Carl's JR.
I do food photos...remember?

I know.

I wasn't critiquing it because the food in the photo has all those flairs (extra seasoning, perfectly positioned portions and shrimp (obviously they used a smaller plate, which is a trick to make your portions feel larger in pictures)...

It was the portioning of the sauces for both pastas, the shrimp specifically and a few other minor items that, even if not a studio setup, shouldn't be an issue.

it's because of how Darden runs their kitchens and line control (specifically how they don't pay attention at expedite. And, Olive Garden has gone downhill more than their other franchises...frankly.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

I know.

I wasn't critiquing it because the food in the photo has all those flairs (extra seasoning, perfectly positioned portions and shrimp (obviously they used a smaller plate, which is a trick to make your portions feel larger in pictures)...

It was the portioning of the sauces for both pastas, the shrimp specifically and a few other minor items that, even if not a studio setup, shouldn't be an issue.

it's because of how Darden runs their kitchens and line control (specifically how they don't pay attention at expedite. And, Olive Garden has gone downhill more than their other franchises...frankly.
And yet, he enjoyed it all.
And you can't say he's not fussy ... he picked me! :hilarious:

I agree though, I was unimpressed with the appearance of the plate.
My dish also looks pretty blah, because as much as I hate diced tomatoes, they sure do "pretty up" the plate.

Cesar R M

I know.

which reminds me.. you havent posted food pr9wn a long time :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom