The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Ha! He, at our age needs to follow my golden rule. Do whatever my daughter tells me to do.
That's my mom's rule. Unfortunately, my dad, with everything, has to decide that it was his idea, and then it becomes a really good idea of his.

I should have just put Chrome on there a LONG time ago and let him eventually figure it out...:rolleyes:

He still tells me that I must've screwed up his IE to force him over to Chrome. Again...:rolleyes:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We had AOL until 2009...:rolleyes:

We started with Prodigy a long long time ago when we had a 14.4k modem.

Then when the internet and surfing the web got more advanced we used MSN...The Microsoft Network, with a 56K modem. Good lord it was horrible and always had connection issues.

Then we switched to MindSpring at one point which was amazing. MindSpring eventually got bought (or bought) EarthLink.

One day, I asked my dad if we could bump up to a ISDN connection that would take us from 56k to 128k. He said he would look into to. Instead, we went to a full fledged cable modem from Time Warner.

There you do...my early life internet history. In case you remotely cared.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's my mom's rule. Unfortunately, my dad, with everything, has to decide that it was his idea, and then it becomes a really good idea of his.

I should have just put Chrome on there a LONG time ago and let him eventually figure it out...:rolleyes:

He still tells me that I must've screwed up his IE to force him over to Chrome. Again...:rolleyes:

Oh my. :cautious: My sister is an attorney. She never ever admits someone else could have been right.

StarWarsGirl

Wow! That was above and beyond loyalty.
Actually, it was more avoidance of going to Comcast. We refused to spend any more money with them than we absolutely had to. Plus it was $10 per month, which my dad liked.

When we got the desktop and my first laptop, Verizon had come into our area, and my mom insisted that they would not be putting AOL on the new computers. We have had Verizon ever since. I honestly think he knew that our internet was terrible and was going to switch whether or not Mom approved. We are now extremely spoiled

Between the internet and the Windows ME, I ended up doing homework at the library after school in middle school frequently.

EDIT: My parents still share an Aol email account. I originally had AOL, but after it twice sent out spam to all of my contacts, I switched to Gmail and have never looked back

Gabe1

We started with Prodigy a long long time ago when we had a 14.4k modem.

Then when the internet and surfing the web got more advanced we used MSN...The Microsoft Network, with a 56K modem. Good lord it was horrible and always had connection issues.

Then we switched to MindSpring at one point which was amazing. MindSpring eventually got bought (or bought) EarthLink.

One day, I asked my dad if we could bump up to a ISDN connection that would take us from 56k to 128k. He said he would look into to. Instead, we went to a full fledged cable modem from Time Warner.

There you do...my early life internet history. In case you remotely cared.

So many I never heard of. Me, Aol, Comcast Uverse.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Microsoft screwed up his IE, not you.

Trust me, he's not the only one having troubles. Trust me...

I'll be bald before Windows 10 comes out at this rate...

Gabe1

Fun fact...AOL still has 2.4 million subscribers. Many of which have their own broadband, but still use AOL to "connect"...

About 150 million a year in profit (not revenue) from it, or something like that.

I still have an aol email so I guess that makes me still a subscriber. I use it solely for businesses that request my email that I have no intention to email correspond with. Junk emails.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom