The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Yet, these (well, maybe not exactly these!!) Christmas sweaters appear on the store shelves every year, so people are still buying them! :rolleyes: :facepalm:

It's a rather divisive subject; people either love them or hate them. Through the years, I've seen a few that were attractively designed. Most others were hideous.

Had a recent discussion with one of the guys at work; and he said that his mother loved Christmas sweaters, and would buy the same one for all members of the family. :jawdrop: It gets worse: she'd buy them in November, and the family had their annual Christmas photo (with all of them wearing the same sweaters . . . ). It would be the yearly Christmas, family photo card that was sent out to all the relatives and friends. He said he was mortified! :eek:
Ugly sweater parties, it's kinda like a costume party. :)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My dad called me into his office. He couldn't figure out how to print something. He apparently switched to Chrome at some point.

I've only been trying to convince him to try Chrome or Firefox for...3 or 4 years now instead of Internet Explorer...:rolleyes:

I use Chrome at work and have been for 3 years or so. Supposedly, all of our work laptops are going to have Chrome deleted soon so we can only use IE10. Apparently, Chrome is not secure enough because it collects too much personal date, etc....I don't know all the details...I like Chrome because it is faster and it can translate an entire website at the click of a button (which I need for work).

StarWarsGirl

I use Chrome at work and have been for 3 years or so. Supposedly, all of our work laptops are going to have Chrome deleted soon so we can only use IE10. Apparently, Chrome is not secure enough because it collects too much personal date, etc....I don't know all the details...I like Chrome because it is faster and it can translate an entire website at the click of a button (which I need for work).
Wow. Chrome is not secure enough, yet they make you use a browser that is plagued with security issues, most recently back in April when if you clicked on a wrong link, hackers could access your system?

Smart move.

My school is the opposite. We are asked not to use Internet Explorer on their computers, and we are supposed to use a different browser when accessing their systems unless we absolutely can't. So on my Surface RT, because no other browser is available, I use IE, but I wish I didn't have to. I disabled IE on all of the laptops.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My dad called me into his office. He couldn't figure out how to print something. He apparently switched to Chrome at some point.

I've only been trying to convince him to try Chrome or Firefox for...3 or 4 years now instead of Internet Explorer...:rolleyes:

Ha! He, at our age needs to follow my golden rule. Do whatever my daughter tells me to do.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Wow. Chrome is not secure enough, yet they make you use a browser that is plagued with security issues, most recently back in April when if you clicked on a wrong link, hackers could access your system?

Smart move.

My school is the opposite. We are asked not to use Internet Explorer on their computers, and we are supposed to use a different browser when accessing their systems unless we absolutely can't. So on my Surface RT, because no other browser is available, I use IE, but I wish I didn't have to. I disabled IE on all of the laptops.

Yeah and my company is GIANT so you think they would know better. Although part of it probably has to do with compatibility of some of our web-based applications.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I used to use it before Chrome. Every now and then I use it if Chrome is having an issue or won't open a webpage for whatever reason.

In other words, it's my backup browser.

By the time I got around to Firefox Chrome was better. My DD just went in and moved my laptop over to chrome. No asking just moved me into the next best thing. Same with my iPhone update.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom