The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I am coughing. Have been coughing for weeks. Will continue to cough for weeks. Maybe months.
It happens every year I get home from Disney.

In 2009, we returned the first week of October, and I can still be heard hacking my guts out while at the funeral home pre-arranging things for my dad in late February. (He was too sick to come, but wanted in on all the details, so we videotaped the whole process.)

Anyways, I am coughing. And I am majorly sleep deprived.
Nobody is working tomorrow. I have chugged some cough syrup. And I have a date with Agatha Christie.
Have a good night everyone; I'm out early. God bless.
you really need a break from your sons ;)
and some good honey bee medicine! :D

Cesar R M

Yet, these (well, maybe not exactly these!!) Christmas sweaters appear on the store shelves every year, so people are still buying them! :rolleyes: :facepalm:

It's a rather divisive subject; people either love them or hate them. Through the years, I've seen a few that were attractively designed. Most others were hideous.

Had a recent discussion with one of the guys at work; and he said that his mother loved Christmas sweaters, and would buy the same one for all members of the family. :jawdrop: It gets worse: she'd buy them in November, and the family had their annual Christmas photo (with all of them wearing the same sweaters . . . ). It would be the yearly Christmas, family photo card that was sent out to all the relatives and friends. He said he was mortified! :eek:
I think most people buy these just for the fun out of it, not because they're nice.
aka, like wearing these joke shirts from Mexico (which are kinda sexual or filled with very silly jokes)

donaldtoo

funny-snowman-snowpy-funny-pictures.jpg

StarWarsGirl

So my dad says to me today, "I wonder when we'll get the MBs for our next trip." The thing is, he said it to me from another room, not realizing I had my laptop with me (though considering I've been attached to this thing since I got it, I don't know how he didn't think about that...). I went in and checked the MBs and the customization date. Then I double checked the MBs to make sure mine was the color I wanted. Turns out my dad changed my MB from my nickname to my given name. :grumpy: I changed it back to Missy, my nickname, and then changed his profile picture to Darth Vader.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I grew up in San Antonio going to Sea World a lot. The whole thing is really sad.
Not going to get political here, just going to make one statement. And Andrew, there is zero finger pointing or blaming you.

I have never been to Sea World; however, I used to be a frequent visitor at Marineland, Canada.

Long BEFORE Blackfish, I had come to the conclusion that it was beyond cruel to keep orcas, belugas, and dolphins in such cramped conditions, forcing them to perform daily.
Marineland also used to have a section where you could "pet" the orcas and belugas. For hours every day, these majestic creatures were subjected to being touched and sometimes poked, by hundreds of adults and children. That's just not right.
We have not been to Marineland in a dozen years.

As much as I love elephants, I also applauded Bob Barker's intervention to get them removed from the Toronto Zoo, where they were suffering in our cold temps for 8 months out of the year.

Unless and until these giant creatures, both land and sea, are kept in appropriate containment conditions, I will boycott any park that fails to meet these requirements.

I understand that the orcas currently in captivity CANNOT be released into the wild, but there is zero reason to continue breeding them, continue capturing them, and continuing to force them them to perform idiotic tricks and stunts.

And on another note, I am not impressed with GreenPeace right now either.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/13/w...eace-makes-its-mark-on-ancient-site.html?_r=0

StarWarsGirl

Long BEFORE Blackfish, I had come to the conclusion that it was beyond cruel to keep orcas, belugas, and dolphins in such cramped conditions, forcing them to perform daily.
From what I understand, dolphins benefit from the mental exercise of performing daily, or at least working with a trainer. Not sure about the others, but dolphins are highly intelligent and need the mental exercise. You would probably like the National Aquarium in Baltimore. All of those animals have plenty of space, but especially the dolphins.

As for the elephant thing, I've only ever seen elephants at San Diego Zoo, Honolulu Zoo, AK, and The Maryland Zoo. I don't remember the MD Zoo; I was 6 the last time I was there, but AK definitely has enough space as does Honolulu and San Diego, from what I observed, and all have temperate climates. MD Zoo also has indoor space for when it gets cold here or just when the elephants need to go in.

http://www.marylandzoo.org/animals-conservation/elephant-program/

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks! :)

We have not heard any Jack stories lately. Last one I remember is his mustard licking adventure.

He's always into shenanigans. I've been keeping a closer watch on my condiments lately, and not taking my eye off any food, even for a few seconds, if he's skulking around the kitchen (which is one of his favorite things to do). This past week, he chewed up some mail that was on the side of the table. Luckily, it was only bills, so we didn't care! :D :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not going to get political here, just going to make one statement. And Andrew, there is zero finger pointing or blaming you.

I have never been to Sea World; however, I used to be a frequent visitor at Marineland, Canada.

Marineland also used to have a section where you could "pet" the orcas and belugas. For hours every day, these majestic creatures were subjected to being touched and sometimes poked, by hundreds of adults and children. That's just not right.
We have not been to Marineland in a dozen years.

As much as I love elephants, I also applauded Bob Barker's intervention to get them removed from the Toronto Zoo, where they were suffering in our cold temps for 8 months out of the year.

Unless and until these giant creatures, both land and sea, are kept in appropriate containment conditions, I will boycott any park that fails to meet these requirements.

I understand that the orcas currently in captivity CANNOT be released into the wild, but there is zero reason to continue breeding them, continue capturing them, and continuing to force them them to perform idiotic tricks and stunts.

And on another note, I am not impressed with GreenPeace right now either.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/13/w...eace-makes-its-mark-on-ancient-site.html?_r=0

That was interesting reading, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

As for the Greenpeace debacle, I had heard about that the other day. OMG . . . :jawdrop:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Happy to report that my sister's birthday lunch turned out great. Although she had originally requested Chinese food, she asked me today if I had any other suggestions as well. I gave her a choice of Chinese or Irish. She chose the Irish restaurant! Man, did we chow down. We started off with a "loaded" nachos plate of chips, lots of melted cheese, salsa, guacamole, scallions, and sour cream. For the entrees, she had the shepherd's pie, and I had the Guinness beef stew. We couldn't finish half of the food and each brought some home! :hungry: :hungry:

Oh, I even had a glass of wine (a Riesling). You'd think with all that food I wouldn't have felt it, but I was definitely a bit sillier than normal when we left the restaurant! :joyfull: :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom