The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
See I love walking. When the weather is nice I walk all sorts of Riverwalks in multiple counties. I walk lots of preserves. I by my own definition put hiking into a different category. Once the walk becomes demanding I am out especially if it has anything to do with rocks or needing to use both my legs and arms...well I'm out then.

I can see all the critters and pretty scenery, just on a walk through flatter slopey trails.

I also love walking. It just depends upon my mood and how much time I have to pursue either activity. The only thing I actually hate is running, or even jogging. I can walk for miles; but unless I'm late for something, I refuse to run even 10 feet! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Gotta love it.
Hubby is driving the kid to work, and I finally manage an early night (for me) ... in bed lights out, by 1:35 ... and the dog wakes me up to go out at 3:15.

Will I ever fall back to sleep? Or will I be having morning coffee with @MinnieM123?
I'll keep you posted.

Hello! I'm here! I'll pour you a cup of coffee; c'mon and join in the morning gabfest! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Tomorrow, I take my sister out to lunch for her (early) birthday celebration. One of her interests is Ireland, and she also enjoys Irish cooking. So I researched around, and found a good restaurant in Boston with some traditional Irish favorites, and it's nicely decorated for the holidays. I was psyched. :)

Called her on the phone the other night, to let her know when we'd meet each other at the train station on Saturday. She was excited about going to lunch and said, "I'm really looking forward to this. Are we going out for Chinese??!!" :(

MOXOMUMD

I ordered myself (and one for my daughter too of course) my first Christmas present. :geek: The Disney store site had Animator dolls on sale for $15. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to buy the one I wanted while on trips but didn't want to pay $25. (I even picked it carried and bought it but talked myself out of it....twice.:facepalm:) Ornaments were also on sale so I got some of those too.

All total one Snow White and one Belle doll then the ornaments are Minnie (with Figaro), Rapunzel (with Pascal), and Jasmine (with Genie's lamp). Merry Disney Christmas. :) Our tree is 99% decorated with animation ornaments (not just Disney) and that random 1% are those homemade ornaments from school, etc.

Goofyernmost

Of course not. Guns are illegal up here.
Actually, just hand guns are illegal.
Long guns (mostly hunting rifles) are legal. Barely.
Lots of illegal guns out there though.
What? :confused:You can't be serious!:jawdrop: Everyone says that if you outlaw guns they will completely disappear in a vapor of some sort and no one with any evil tendencies will ever be able to get their hands on one again. There must be some flaw in the system. :rolleyes:

seahawk7

Drive bye

Best rated K-Cup coffees

5. Maxwell House House Blend

"Solid diner coffee."

47b28cf43176b0b3f6dad45c7d0069e89d8f710f.jpg

4. Donut Shop Extra Bold

"A good amount of nuttiness, some sweetness."

3. Green Mountain Nantucket Blend

At first Lorenzo remarked that this was very bland, but on further sips he began to really praise it. “There’s a good level of acidity, the roast is lighter, and it tastes like it’s not a blend, there’s actually some single-origin characteristics.”

2. Eight O’Clock Colombian

"Really well-balanced, solid ‘coffee’ flavor. This would definitely crush in a consumer taste-test."

a1a4438aa92b698b9e3516f6ad10b903077d2ad0.jpg

1. Green Mountain Kenyan AA

"As it’s brewing, you can smell that this is a good coffee from two feet away. It’s clearly the winner. The flavors are lively, it’s got great complexity and finish. I would actually pay for this at a coffee shop."
I'm amazed I'm the only one who liked this post. I think we should be able to triple like anything that has to do with coffee.

seahawk7

Drive bye Part 2

Not so good K-Cup coffees

f044b6af3cdf6ad5fda66dcea8a1242cc86fef33.jpg

In selecting our cups, we wanted to get the full spectrum of the Keurig experience, so we picked a grab bag of different brands, roast levels, and flavors. And to make sure we didn’t miss any popular brands, we sorted through several online shops and picked the best sellers.

We brewed each cup on the middle setting using very fancy water from Cuvée’s parallel-activated, carbon-filtered OptiPure system. The tasting was done blindly in rounds of six, with Lorenzo marking his favorites from each round and then returning to compare them at the end to create a master ranking.

Read on to follow us down this massive K-hole.

2d43c7d8d034ce3a1da4bf5c37f64e801194948e.jpg

23. Van Houtte Costa Rica

Lorenzo reflexively spit this coffee out.

22. Timothy’s Rainforest Espresso

"Really, really dark. The darkest. There is a little sweetness, but it’s like chewing on roasted barley."

f64fcc5178ec6deb8b7d3f0f5a72a3f1e7c71284.jpg

21. Barista Prima House Blend

"Bitter, overly roasty, hints of paper. Tastes like coffee at Grandpa’s."

20. Wolfgang Puck Jamaica Me Crazy

"Just like buttered rum. Or walking into a kitschy Christmas shop."

19. Gloria Jean’s Butter Toffee

"The overwhelming flavors are chemical and alcohol, like Yukon Jack whiskey."

446221c8b2910e83e0b12ef0f6082117f767d211.jpg

18. Tully’s Italian Roast

"Very dark. I’m getting mostly smoke and ash."

17. Tim Hortons Arabica

"Burnt caramels. But as it cooled it tasted just like chicken-flavored ramen noodles."

16. Donut House

"Peanut shell."

More: Every Single Meaningful Cereal Ever, Ranked

bb20c7fc1f7e2f07955f3511de692d2f474d1baf.jpg

15. Caribou Blend

"Astringent and extremely bitter."

14. Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice

"Cinnamon is the main flavor note. It tastes like a Hobby Lobby."

13. Starbucks Pike Place

"Overly roasted."

30af802006eb85e0aab48cbae3394ff3b3fc96c7.jpg

12. Barrie House Donut Shop

"Tastes like airplane coffee. Super flat, lots of bitterness. Styrofoam peanuts."

11. Diedrich French Roast

"Low acidity, very darkly roasted. Not too bad, but unspectacular."

10. Coffee People Jet Fuel

"Cigar-smokey, but there is some arabica sweetness. Not a bad choice if you’re into darker roasts, and actually keeps some complexity as it cools."

afd31498a21f8df2cbd29544aac499f7e30e15b2.jpg

9. Café Escapes Café Caramel

"Look at that color. It tastes nothing like coffee. But I kind of like it because it reminds me of Werther’s Originals and the type of milky, caramel drinks that I served when I first got into coffee."

8. Folgers Classic Roast

"Very weird acidity. Tastes like low-quality coffee, roasted super flat, but not totally unpleasant."

7. Starbucks Caramel

"By far the best flavored coffee. It’s saccharine, but really light and the flavor isn’t too overwhelming."

128a5839da83072c99a1ad52471f35854c71afbb.jpg

6. Dunkin’ Donuts Original

"Hotel airpot coffee, like from a Best Western. Totally drinkable with cream and sugar, but develops a medicinal quality as it cools."

Credit: story and all images by Dan Gentile
Why would any coffee blend be called Peanut Shell? My favorite name is Jamaica Me Crazy.

seahawk7

All I know is that I did fine while we were talking about "eating gum off the sidewalk", "always barefoot", "chemically sprayed produce", "Barea$$ed toilet seat sitting", "lack of hand washing" and all the rest of it. And then I got to two rather large posts concerning different flavors of coffee and I could just barely restrain my gag reflex. Coffee is disgusting! Let's get back to talking about the life of bacteria to keep this thing civil.
I'm surprised to hear you don't like coffee. It can't be because you find it too bitter. ;)

seahawk7

that happens almost always when people get old. They sort of.. instantly lose faith in humanity.
I've seen many people who were lovely that got incredibly bitter and hateful when they got older.
My experience has been whatever temperament a person had in their youth just gets intensified as they get older. I also work with a lot of old people and most are very sweet. It touches my heart when they worry about me staying up all night. My late grandma, God bless her, used to say that to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom