The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

She says thank you so much!!! She was clueless. Ever need any pointers on Rubber Duckies or Tractors she'll be happy to help ya out.

donaldtoo

funny-christmas-tree.jpg

Gabe1

I love hiking, just as long as the trail isn't too demanding or takes more than a few hours. My hiking boots are Asolo, from Italy, and they're the best footwear I own. Been on many hikes in New England, and also once in Colorado. I love being in the outdoors, seeing critters, and looking at beautiful, natural scenery. :)

See I love walking. When the weather is nice I walk all sorts of Riverwalks in multiple counties. I walk lots of preserves. I by my own definition put hiking into a different category. Once the walk becomes demanding I am out especially if it has anything to do with rocks or needing to use both my legs and arms...well I'm out then.

I can see all the critters and pretty scenery, just on a walk through flatter slopey trails.

Gabe1

Bad news: my grandmother had to cancel her trip to Hilton Head because my step grandfather is having surgery.

Bad because now she won't have the nieces, and I was looking forward to spending some time with them. We will still be going and may invite them to stay with us for just the weekend, but won't get to spend as much time with them as planned.

Even worse because my step-grandfather is 98 years old, and they are removing a mass on his neck. If it turns out to be cancerous...not good. It already feels like each time you see him could be the last time that you see him...I hope Thanksgiving wasn't the last:cry:

So Sorry. :( News like this is always awful but compounded when it is holiday time.

{{{Big Hugs}}}

StarWarsGirl

Loving my new laptop.

My old one was still in great shape other than the hard drive, so it's a shame that it went up, but this one is so much nicer.

Love having a touch screen. Resolution on this screen is much better. The keyboard is backlit, but has a high and low setting (my old one only had one setting). The keyboard is as good for typing as my old one was. The port that holds the power cord is different from my old one. The tip is rectangular and flat instead of round. Actually, I like that better too; it stays in more easily. It also runs programs better. It runs my Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 much more smoothly, and my old laptop did not want to run my Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 at all. This one runs both of them. I'll have to try some of my other games later. This laptop also does not get hot at all. Slightly warm is what I would call it only after using it for a few hours. Gives me faith in the overall design of this computer.

Two things I don't like. The speakers are on the bottom, which is fine if I'm watching a movie in stand mode, but not so fine if I'm using it in laptop mode. I also don't like the touchpad as well. I have to use a mouse for my RollerCoaster Tycoon because the touchpad is extremely difficult.

Overall, so far so good. Just will take a while to get everything the way I like it.

Gabe1

Well, I can top that! :p There's a mountain not far from where I am, and it's all of . . . 400 feet! So take that! :eek:

(Hee hee . . . if I'm busy on the weekend, and just want a really quick mountain climb, I go there and it's only 8-10 minutes to the top! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: So if people ask me what I did on the weekend, I'll tell them I went mountain climbing, and they'll be like, "Wow. That must have been exciting." :D ) Note: even though it's really just a big, rugged terrain hill, it technically is classified as a mountain, due to a certain type of rock that is there.

I love the way you think woman!

Gabe1

Loving my new laptop.

My old one was still in great shape other than the hard drive, so it's a shame that it went up, but this one is so much nicer.

Love having a touch screen. Resolution on this screen is much better. The keyboard is backlit, but has a high and low setting (my old one only had one setting). The keyboard is as good for typing as my old one was. The port that holds the power cord is different from my old one. The tip is rectangular and flat instead of round. Actually, I like that better too; it stays in more easily. It also runs programs better. It runs my Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 much more smoothly, and my old laptop did not want to run my Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 at all. This one runs both of them. I'll have to try some of my other games later. This laptop also does not get hot at all. Slightly warm is what I would call it only after using it for a few hours. Gives me faith in the overall design of this computer.

Two things I don't like. The speakers are on the bottom, which is fine if I'm watching a movie in stand mode, but not so fine if I'm using it in laptop mode. I also don't like the touchpad as well. I have to use a mouse for my RollerCoaster Tycoon because the touchpad is extremely difficult.

Overall, so far so good. Just will take a while to get everything the way I like it.

So happy you love your new toy. The touchpad on this one was real odd for me to over my older laptop.
I've come to terms with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom