The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Prayers that it is benign and he gets well, soon.
Thanks.

This is just really hard because my biological grandfather, also on my dad's side, is also not well. First he had shingles, and because he has MS, it was rough on him. He barely got out of bed for three weeks straight He's got the beginning stages of dementia, and last night when my dad talked to him, it just did not sound good. My dad said it was like talking to one of his elderly clients and wondering if they are really coherent. So pretty soon he might not remember any of us, and my dad also said that his breathing was not good. We have been thinking this might just be the beginning of the end

So now both my step grandfather, who may as well be another grandfather to me, and my biological grandfather are not doing well. Hard on everyone to have this happen all at once. We're all just hoping that the surgery goes well, that the biopsy comes back benign, and that he lives for a few more years. But he is 98, so who knows.:(

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Silver lining time, 'cause I'm a silver lining type of girl:

All the stuff I bought for the boys' apartment (at Aunty's charity garage sale) will now go to SIL.

Since she and Bro #2 split, she has been living with her parents on and off for the past 4 years.
Now that she and Bro are officially kaput, she has finally committed to getting her own place, but will be starting from scratch.

She is thrilled to be getting a gorgeous (though dated) Queen Anne dresser set - 2 dressers and mirror; a desk; a t.v./wall unit; 2 full sets of perfect dishes; a matched set of coffee/tea mugs.

She offered to pay the $200 I donated for all of it. Of course, I said no - just drop a few bucks in a Salvation Army kettle, or make a donation to Aunty before she leaves for Africa.

See ... silver lining. I'm not stuck with a garage full of furniture. SIL's going to save some money. And some charity is going to get a few bucks.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
hu, how the hell does that work? isnt that illegal?

The college program students are paid Federal Minimum wage which is the lowest possible minimum, like Illinois is higher and a few other states are even higher than Illinois. In 2007 my son earned $6.88 an hour before Federal Tax. (When he came home he had to write a check to the State of IL for State tax.) Besides tax they would deduct their college housing which was about $85 per WEEK. (Disney collected over $2000 a month for a 6 students in 3 bedrooms, much higher now and more students per apartment, they put bunk beds in the rooms now, in some cases doubling the students per apartment)

The rent being per week, the first days are check in, then assignment and cast time, tradition school, so by the time they get to training for their jobs and start punching a time clock it is only a couple of days or less if they have a day off scheduled in that week. It is never enough to cover their housing deduction so they start out owing Disney Money.

A chunk of College Program kids staff the Water Parks or resort pools. If the water parks close they are not on the time clock. But they still have housing deducted from their check. I always sent my DS money and care packages because there was not enough money in that payroll check after housing to live properly. He had the time of his life though and met some nice people who he still remains friends with from around the country. Better, the contacts he made for the future. My DDs new boss did the college program at Disney and both of my kids former human resource director also did. It does open some doors on down the line.

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl95 I haven't caught up but I see your laptop was delivered! Woot!

Probably best it didn't come till now, you didn't have time to play and explore, it will be more fun this way.
I still managed to finish my paper on it. But now I have a lot of time to play on it. Uninstall bloatware, install MS Office, transfer files...a lot to do and I'm still not finished. But I got Office working and my wallpaper set up, so the two most important orders of business are finished.

Now, RollerCoaster Tycoon...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I hated the bells, lags firefox for me :(
So I blocked them with adblock lol.

other accounts as in what? transportation? food?

I LOVE the bells! :D But, the only reason I wrote this was to mention that I also have Firefox, and I'm not having any "lagging" issues due to the bells. Maybe it's your fancy computer with too many things on it? o_O I have an old dog of a computer with nothing on it, an old operating system, etc., and it works fine! :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

I LOVE the bells! :D But, the only reason I wrote this was to mention that I also have Firefox, and I'm not having any "lagging" issues due to the bells. Maybe it's your fancy computer with too many things on it? o_O I have an old dog of a computer with nothing on it, an old operating system, etc., and it works fine! :joyfull:
Works fine on Chrome. It also worked fine on my tablet, which has IE, last year. I set it on desktop mode specifically to play with the bells. Easier with a touch screen

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks.

This is just really hard because my biological grandfather, also on my dad's side, is also not well. First he had shingles, and because he has MS, it was rough on him. He barely got out of bed for three weeks straight He's got the beginning stages of dementia, and last night when my dad talked to him, it just did not sound good. My dad said it was like talking to one of his elderly clients and wondering if they are really coherent. So pretty soon he might not remember any of us, and my dad also said that his breathing was not good. We have been thinking this might just be the beginning of the end

So now both my step grandfather, who may as well be another grandfather to me, and my biological grandfather are not doing well. Hard on everyone to have this happen all at once. We're all just hoping that the surgery goes well, that the biopsy comes back benign, and that he lives for a few more years. But he is 98, so who knows.:(

This is a tough time of year, with the holidays just around the corner, for families coping with a member in poor health. I sincerely hope for the best for your grandparents and you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom