The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Proof positive that when someone writes a lengthy post, you should not quickly glance through it, because it's really easy to "think" you just saw a word that wasn't the intended word! :D

You got to the office coat room and removed boots and outerwear and put on shoes.

Reading the above sentence in your detailed post, I completely burst out laughing; because I "thought" that I read the word, underwear, instead of outerwear!! :p For a split second, I thought . . . what the hell kind of an office did Gabe1 work at, where the employees came inside and removed their boots and undies??!! :jawdrop: :eek: (I'm sorry, but I'm still laughing over this silliness!) :hilarious: :hilarious:

Me I love love love shoes.

As for your quote above, this is not surprising at all! ;) :happy:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I tweaked the expression on the face for you! We're welcoming him back to the nice colder weather, and we're all happy about it. I'll bet he can't wait to make a snowman! :joyfull:
They had below average weather move in over night and it sounds like it is going to hang around for a week. The locals were all wearing multiple layers with scarfs and gloves. It sure was nice to get away - even it was only for a week ! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Proof positive that when someone writes a lengthy post, you should not quickly glance through it, because it's really easy to "think" you just saw a word that wasn't the intended word! :D

Reading the above sentence in your detailed post, I completely burst out laughing; because I "thought" that I read the word, underwear, instead of outerwear!! :p For a split second, I thought . . . what the hell kind of an office did Gabe1 work at, where the employees came inside and removed their boots and undies??!! :jawdrop: :eek: (I'm sorry, but I'm still laughing over this silliness!) :hilarious: :hilarious:

;) :happy:

Ha! :joyfull::hilarious::facepalm: I've been skimming too 'cause I don't think I've finished Sunday let only any other day this week. I keep looking at alerts and not getting much farther, I've had to double back and re-read a few times after going huh???

Hmmmm...I can say for certain I have never ever removed those articles of clothing at ANY place I've worked, HOWEVER I cannot speak of what others have done because what happens at Sea stays at Sea. :devilish:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Drive bye

Best rated K-Cup coffees

5. Maxwell House House Blend

"Solid diner coffee."

47b28cf43176b0b3f6dad45c7d0069e89d8f710f.jpg

4. Donut Shop Extra Bold

"A good amount of nuttiness, some sweetness."

3. Green Mountain Nantucket Blend

At first Lorenzo remarked that this was very bland, but on further sips he began to really praise it. “There’s a good level of acidity, the roast is lighter, and it tastes like it’s not a blend, there’s actually some single-origin characteristics.”

2. Eight O’Clock Colombian

"Really well-balanced, solid ‘coffee’ flavor. This would definitely crush in a consumer taste-test."

a1a4438aa92b698b9e3516f6ad10b903077d2ad0.jpg

1. Green Mountain Kenyan AA

"As it’s brewing, you can smell that this is a good coffee from two feet away. It’s clearly the winner. The flavors are lively, it’s got great complexity and finish. I would actually pay for this at a coffee shop."

Green Mountain is the type of Keurig coffee we have at work.

donaldtoo

Ha! :joyfull: No longer surprised. :p I remember another Canadian be proud of it too this summer.
1409299771879_wps_2_dmvidpics_2014_08_29_at_8.jpg

Well you always said you were cheap. :facepalm: I can see breakfast being served at your home.
images

Yeah you've heard my opinions of statistics, funny numbers masterfully skilled mathematicians craft for others to spout as Gospel. As Disney claims as reason for My Magical Experience, because the statistics said this is what the guests wanted, a complete predetermined itinerary for vacationing fun. Me, I didn't buy into those statistics either. :greedy:

I personally take more stock into family genetics and lifestyle. My Mom is 80 and my Dad is 86. My Dad worked with Asbestos a good chunk of his life, hands on and was genetically strong enough to not fall victim to it. Hardy man, too stubborn to die. His Mom was 84 when she passed. His Dad was struck by a loose rail car where he worked at 57 but Dads brother 89 is still living on his own as well as my Aunt that is 84. My Mom is in the middle of the pack of 12 brothers and sisters, 7 of which are still kick'n. One died at 32 killed by a drunk driver and another one died having oral surgery when anesthetic was improperly administered. 3 have passed naturally in their 80's. Her Mom was 83 when she passed and my GradDad pass when I was 2 from complications of a shattered leg falling at work working on a ceiling, his life span was poorest, only living into his 60's an amputee, wheelchair bound. So I look to my parents life span for better indicators of a longer life than I do to the National average of my country of origin. :geek:

I've already posted, many times, about the longevity of my family.
Hopefully, the trend continues... :cautious: :cool:

;)

Gabe1

I've already posted, many times, about the longevity of my family.
Hopefully, the trend continues... :cautious: :cool:

;)

And you have a set of Aces on your side with both parents still kick'n. I look at it that way to however ya just never know when we're going to be called home.

A friend in town lost her son at 14 to a brain tumor. Her Mom passed the next year, a couple years later her youngest son crashed on the table 2x during a routine tonsil operation but lived, few years later her DD was diagnosed with autoimmune type cancer and so far surviving, 6 months ago my friend was diagnosed with cancer. If the cancer doesn't get her the stress is going to. She has one other DD that is harm free. I'd be so scared to be her.

donaldtoo

And you have a set of Aces on your side with both parents still kick'n. I look at it that way to however ya just never know when we're going to be called home.

A friend in town lost her son at 14 to a brain tumor. Her Mom passed the next year, a couple years later her youngest son crashed on the table 2x during a routine tonsil operation but lived, few years later her DD was diagnosed with autoimmune type cancer and so far surviving, 6 months ago my friend was diagnosed with cancer. If the cancer doesn't get her the stress is going to. She has one other DD that is harm free. I'd be so scared to be her.

Yes, these are things I'm pretty sure I've posted about before. Health-wise, genetics matter a lot. Odds-wise happenings, not so much. I could be hit by a truck tomorrow, and cut off like a light switch. I could trip and hit my head against my office desk and have same happen, etc.. It's all a carp shoot.
We are darn fortunate about the genetic thing, so far. But, yes, that could all change in a heartbeat, as well.
Funny thing is, none of it really bugs me, or keeps me awake at night. I'll do what I can, within' reason, to keep the things I can control in life in check, as best I can, and live the best life I can. Again, beyond that, it's all a carppy shooty...!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

Gabe1

that happens almost always when people get old. They sort of.. instantly lose faith in humanity.
I've seen many people who were lovely that got incredibly bitter and hateful when they got older.

Well I can say that is true about my Dad but in reality he was always that way. But I can pinpoint when it became his mantra. He had a massive heart attack, died 3 different times in the ambulance, lived through quad bypass and proceeded to celebrate by being pretty abusive to everyone and very demanding. Got even worse when he had his hip replaced. And he was not a dream when he had shoulder separation surgery or his gallbladder surgery either years before.

My Mom on the other hand, 80 years old behaves nothing like my Dad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom