The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

OK, I'm throwin' my 2 cents in on the whole shoe/germ thing.
When I was growin' up, our house was clean, but, not spotless. We didn't wash our hands 50 times a day, spray disinfectant all over the place, didn't have any antibacterial soap, touched our faces, etc. We weren't pigs, but, we were kids. We ran around barefoot ALL the time. We got bruised, scraped, cut. We got sick on occasion, but, not really very often. We had a blast...! :)
On the other hand, our next door neighbors, the Weinrich's, were germaphobes. You had to remove your shoes to enter their house, the kids were always eating some "healthy" wheat germ or somethin', and washin' up. The place was spotless. And, they seemed to be sick all the time.
Fast forward to our kiddos. They pretty much grew up like DWifey and myself did, and they have been perfectly fine.
The way I see it, you can take it to the extreme way one way or the other. If you live in slop all the time, don't be surprised if your sick a lot. But, also, If you live in a "bubble" (which is impossible in this world) and are never exposed to anything to build up somewhat of an immunity, then, expect to be sick a lot when you venture out of that "bubble". :)

And, my barefoot ways, they ain't NEVER a changin'...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

MOXOMUMD

When I was growin' up, our house was clean, but, not spotless. We didn't wash our hands 50 times a day, spray disinfectant all over the place, didn't have any antibacterial soap, touched our faces, etc. We weren't pigs, but, we were kids. We ran around barefoot ALL the time. We got bruised, scraped, cut. We got sick on occasion, but, not really very often. We had a blast...! :)
On the other hand, our next door neighbors, the Weinrich's, were germaphobes. You had to remove your shoes to enter their house, the kids were always eating some "healthy" wheat germ or somethin', and washin' up. The place was spotless. And, they seemed to be sick all the time.
Fast forward to our kiddos. They pretty much grew up like DWifey and myself did, and they have been perfectly fine.
The way I see it, you can take it to the extreme way one way or the other. If you live in slop all the time, don't be surprised if your sick a lot. But, also, If you live in a "bubble" (which is impossible in this world) and are never exposed to anything to build up somewhat of an immunity, then, expect to be sick a lot when you venture out of that "bubble". :)

Double like. :)

Cesar R M

I even pick food up from the floor ... long after the 5-second rule has elapsed...................
As a kid, I used to eat gum off of the sidewalk, as long as it didn't have ants on it. That's where I drew the line.

eNcPdiJ.gif

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

My Nan always said, "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die".
In that respect, I figure I'm good. ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Drive bye

Best rated K-Cup coffees

5. Maxwell House House Blend

"Solid diner coffee."

47b28cf43176b0b3f6dad45c7d0069e89d8f710f.jpg

4. Donut Shop Extra Bold

"A good amount of nuttiness, some sweetness."

3. Green Mountain Nantucket Blend

At first Lorenzo remarked that this was very bland, but on further sips he began to really praise it. “There’s a good level of acidity, the roast is lighter, and it tastes like it’s not a blend, there’s actually some single-origin characteristics.”

2. Eight O’Clock Colombian

"Really well-balanced, solid ‘coffee’ flavor. This would definitely crush in a consumer taste-test."

a1a4438aa92b698b9e3516f6ad10b903077d2ad0.jpg

1. Green Mountain Kenyan AA

"As it’s brewing, you can smell that this is a good coffee from two feet away. It’s clearly the winner. The flavors are lively, it’s got great complexity and finish. I would actually pay for this at a coffee shop."

StarWarsGirl

Then later, it was Carson and then Letterman right after that. When Johnny retired and Leno took over, I qiuckly lost interest in The Tonight Show, and only watched Letterman. Didn't take too long for me to lose interest in him either, and I have almost never watched his, or any of the other ones, since.
I enjoyed Leno. I like Fallon. Letterman...no. My dad will have on Letterman, and then he'll fall asleep about five minutes in and my mom and I will change it to Fallon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom