The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Do any of these look like they might work...?

normal_521-1002-Minnie-Mouse-24x18.jpg

19.jpg

Walt+Disney+Fine+Art+-+James+Coleman+1949++-+American+Impressionist++painter+-+Tutt%2527Art%2540+-+%252823%2529.jpg

1ef408c0d6b416d81aa9bc630c3a0bef.jpg

coleman-a-paris-sunset-art-disney-15x22.jpg

;) :)

You have exquisite taste. All are gorgeous and appropriate. I was thinking maybe the last one with the Parisian scene would be classy enough for the high-end clientele, who will be viewing that model room! :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hmmmm. Not lowbrow just gross like not washing hands. Ive seen that at a couple of weddings No not a fan. As I've said many times I have a thing about hygine and staph Infections are something I have a healthy fear of. A tiny cut and contact with staph bacteria is nasty. My kids always wore flip flops in dorm bathrooms and locker rooms because of stapf. People not wearing shoes in public places is one more reason I don't want their toes grinding in my rugs in my home. They get bacteria all over their feet and then stick those dirty feet back in shoes. Grime factor is how do you clean the inside of a shoe when ya stick a dirty foot in it? Big ewe factor for me.

Heh, heh . . . guess I'm missing something here: I never really thought about feet either in, or out, of shoes, whether indoors or outdoors. o_O ;) You'd think I was a feral child :p, by the way I'm always barefoot at home, and outside the house in warmer weather. But, if I go anywhere beyond that, I'm always in shoes.

You see, I look at this from a different perspective than the rest of you: I figure I'm extending a public service by wearing shoes in public, just in case my feet STINK! :jawdrop: :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I guess I'm a bumpkin. :D I prefer to go without shoes period. It's from growing up in the country I guess. I love the feel of grass on my feet. My mom still calls us "Barefoot Sam" when we visit her and kick the shoes off in her mudroom in the summer. :)

Not sure how relevant this is to the present foot conversation, but I thought I'd share this tidbit.

When I was a kid, my grandmother told us that if you walk barefoot, it strengthens your feet and ankle muscles. Now, my grandmother had no medical background or degree; but up through her teens, she'd work in the farm fields in Ireland (before she came to the U.S.). In the warmer weather, the kids never wore shoes. (They'd wash their feet before entering their houses, after being out all day. They'd then put on shoes inside the house.) She never had any foot or ankle problems as she got older, and attributed that to building strong muscles in them, from her youth. :)

seahawk7

Not sure how relevant this is to the present foot conversation, but I thought I'd share this tidbit.

When I was a kid, my grandmother told us that if you walk barefoot, it strengthens your feet and ankle muscles. Now, my grandmother had no medical background or degree; but up through her teens, she'd work in the farm fields in Ireland (before she came to the U.S.). In the warmer weather, the kids never wore shoes. (They'd wash their feet before entering their houses, after being out all day. They'd then put on shoes inside the house.) She never had any foot or ankle problems as she got older, and attributed that to building strong muscles in them, from her youth. :)
I think she was right. I practice yoga and both my kids are practicing black belts in karate and both disciplines teach going barefoot strengthens your feet and ankles, and can actually create a better mind/body connection.

StarWarsGirl

Well then, I guess I won't tell you ...
I actually sit on toilet seats too. :hilarious:

I wash my hands scrupulously, and try not to touch my mouth, eyes, or nose after touching things in public.
Other than that, I just live.
I even pick food up from the floor ... long after the 5-second rule has elapsed.

As a kid, I used to eat gum off of the sidewalk, as long as it didn't have ants on it. That's where I drew the line.

Makes you wonder how I ever made it to 47, eh?! And as a Canadian woman, statistically I will probably outlive you all.
And at the age of 84.6, God willing, I will still be bending over to pick up food from the floor, walking around barefoot (think old Rose at the end of Titanic), and sitting on toilet seats. :);):hilarious:
Toilet seats are one of the cleaner places in the bathroom. Toilet paper holders, soap dispensers, faucets, and door handles all have more germs. Germs commonly found on a toilet sea only survive for a few minutes and are only dangerous if you have an open cut or something similar

SagamoreBeach

Yes, that is the place. Have a funny story to share with you about that. Went to a parochial school up to the 8th grade. At the end of the 8th grade school year, the nuns would arrange for a pizza party celebration for the 8th graders. Everyone looked forward to it, as we never really got to do anything fun like that (we had to always bring lunch from home, and all we ever bought at school was milk). So there I was, finally made it to the 8th grade, and was looking forward to a pizza party. :hungry:

Enter a new Mother Superior the year I was in 8th grade. She heard about the pizza party tradition and put an end to it, saying that there were far better ways to commemorate our 8 years in that school. :cautious: She said we'd be the first class to have a religious retreat at the LaSalette Shrine, instead of pizza. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: All the kids were disappointed. Off we went into buses down to the shrine for a whole day of prayer and reflection--and no pizza . . .

The grounds were pretty and all, but I don't think my classmates noticed or cared! :facepalm:
Oh yea!! Just what every 8th grader wants...a whole day of prayer and reflection.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I even pick food up from the floor ... long after the 5-second rule has elapsed.
Ha! :joyfull: No longer surprised. :p I remember another Canadian be proud of it too this summer.
1409299771879_wps_2_dmvidpics_2014_08_29_at_8.jpg

As a kid, I used to eat gum off of the sidewalk, as long as it didn't have ants on it. That's where I drew the line.

Well you always said you were cheap. :facepalm: I can see breakfast being served at your home.
images

Makes you wonder how I ever made it to 47, eh?! And as a Canadian woman, statistically I will probably outlive you all. And at the age of 84.6, God willing, I will still be bending over to pick up food from the floor, walking around barefoot (think old Rose at the end of Titanic), and sitting on toilet seats. :);):hilarious:

Yeah you've heard my opinions of statistics, funny numbers masterfully skilled mathematicians craft for others to spout as Gospel. As Disney claims as reason for My Magical Experience, because the statistics said this is what the guests wanted, a complete predetermined itinerary for vacationing fun. Me, I didn't buy into those statistics either. :greedy:

I personally take more stock into family genetics and lifestyle. My Mom is 80 and my Dad is 86. My Dad worked with Asbestos a good chunk of his life, hands on and was genetically strong enough to not fall victim to it. Hardy man, too stubborn to die. His Mom was 84 when she passed. His Dad was struck by a loose rail car where he worked at 57 but Dads brother 89 is still living on his own as well as my Aunt that is 84. My Mom is in the middle of the pack of 12 brothers and sisters, 7 of which are still kick'n. One died at 32 killed by a drunk driver and another one died having oral surgery when anesthetic was improperly administered. 3 have passed naturally in their 80's. Her Mom was 83 when she passed and my GradDad pass when I was 2 from complications of a shattered leg falling at work working on a ceiling, his life span was poorest, only living into his 60's an amputee, wheelchair bound. So I look to my parents life span for better indicators of a longer life than I do to the National average of my country of origin. :geek:

donaldtoo

December 19th is his last show; so after tonight, just 8 more episodes.
I guess I now know how a previous generation felt when Johnny Carson retired.

Hahaaa...!
Actually, I'm that generation, I guess. As far back as I can remember, we watched a lot of Johnny Carson growin' up. :)
Then later, it was Carson and then Letterman right after that. When Johnny retired and Leno took over, I qiuckly lost interest in The Tonight Show, and only watched Letterman. Didn't take too long for me to lose interest in him either, and I have almost never watched his, or any of the other ones, since.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Ha! :joyfull: No longer surprised. :p I remember another Canadian be proud of it too this summer.
1409299771879_wps_2_dmvidpics_2014_08_29_at_8.jpg

Well you always said you were cheap. :facepalm: I can see breakfast being served at your home.
images

Yeah you've heard my opinions of statistics, funny numbers masterfully skilled mathematicians craft for others to spout as Gospel. As Disney claims as reason for My Magical Experience, because the statistics said this is what the guests wanted, a complete predetermined itinerary for vacationing fun. Me, I didn't buy into those statistics either. :greedy:

I personally take more stock into family genetics and lifestyle. My Mom is 80 and my Dad is 86. My Dad worked with Asbestos a good chunk of his life, hands on and was genetically strong enough to not fall victim to it. Hardy man, too stubborn to die. His Mom was 84 when she passed. His Dad was struck by a loose rail car where he worked at 57 but Dads brother 89 is still living on his own as well as my Aunt that is 84. My Mom is in the middle of the pack of 12 brothers and sisters, 7 of which are still kick'n. One died at 32 killed by a drunk driver and another one died having oral surgery when anesthetic was improperly administered. 3 have passed naturally in their 80's. Her Mom was 83 when she passed and my GradDad pass when I was 2 from complications of a shattered leg falling at work working on a ceiling, his life span was poorest, only living into his 60's an amputee, wheelchair bound. So I look to my parents life span for better indicators of a longer life than I do to the National average of my country of origin. :geek:
Yeah, well if we're looking at our parents age at passing ... I am in big trouble.
Mind you, you can't smoke 2 packs a day for almost 50 years without having to pay the Piper. Usually sooner rather than later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom