The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Despite not needing to shop, and not really having the $$ to waste, Hubby insists we go on our annual Christmas shopping/getaway to Buffalo this weekend.

It's kind of our thing. Two nights away at a nice hotel, a fancy dinner at a lovely restaurant, a little shopping, a matinee movie or two ... and no kids.
Obviously, I said:
image.jpg

JenniferS

I just checked the listings for Regal Cinemas at the Walden Galleria (our usual theatre) and there is NOTHING I want to see.
At the theatre on Transit Rd. however, they are playing one of Hubby's all time favourite movies:
image.jpg

And ... what I want to see on Monday:
image.jpg

Care to guess?

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Can the company you work for give you a little more money, and put a nice colorful picture above the bed (perhaps a nice scenic with some color),...

Do any of these look like they might work...?

normal_521-1002-Minnie-Mouse-24x18.jpg

19.jpg

Walt+Disney+Fine+Art+-+James+Coleman+1949++-+American+Impressionist++painter+-+Tutt%2527Art%2540+-+%252823%2529.jpg

1ef408c0d6b416d81aa9bc630c3a0bef.jpg

coleman-a-paris-sunset-art-disney-15x22.jpg

;) :)

donaldtoo

Yes, that is the place. Have a funny story to share with you about that. Went to a parochial school up to the 8th grade. At the end of the 8th grade school year, the nuns would arrange for a pizza party celebration for the 8th graders. Everyone looked forward to it, as we never really got to do anything fun like that (we had to always bring lunch from home, and all we ever bought at school was milk). So there I was, finally made it to the 8th grade, and was looking forward to a pizza party. :hungry:

Enter a new Mother Superior the year I was in 8th grade. She heard about the pizza party tradition and put an end to it, saying that there were far better ways to commemorate our 8 years in that school. :cautious: She said we'd be the first class to have a religious retreat at the LaSalette Shrine, instead of pizza. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: All the kids were disappointed. Off we went into buses down to the shrine for a whole day of prayer and reflection--and no pizza . . .

The grounds were pretty and all, but I don't think my classmates noticed or cared! :facepalm:

"Nuns on Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Do they know they're going to hell...?" o_O :D ;) :)

bd3ae7bcab6e74376972d8e44dcd01cc.jpg

donaldtoo

Watching Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, featuring the voice talents of Paul Frees.
I knew I knew the name, so I Googled him. Yowza, that was one talented guy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Frees

FWIW, the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials are the voices of my childhood. Decades later, they hold up as well, if not better, than any other Christmas animation.

I'll second, on both counts...! :)

JenniferS

"Nuns on Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Do they know they're going to hell...?" o_O :D ;) :)

bd3ae7bcab6e74376972d8e44dcd01cc.jpg
Did I ever tell you that Hubby worked at a convent for 18 years?
In fact, we got married in the chapel at the Motherhouse.

God bless those little ladies, Hubby hasn't worked there since 2007, and yet large contingents of them came from out of town to pay their respects when each of my parents died. A couple of them fondly recalled my dad's shenanigans at the ceremony.
He very obviously slipped Hubby a $10 bill as he handed me over.
I told you my dad was a character.

donaldtoo

Did I ever tell you that Hubby worked at a convent for 18 years?
In fact, we got married in the chapel at the Motherhouse.

God bless those little ladies, Hubby hasn't worked there since 2007, and yet large contingents of them came from out of town to pay their respects when each of my parents died. A couple of them fondly recalled my dad's shenanigans at the ceremony.
He very obviously slipped Hubby a $10 bill as he handed me over.
I told you my dad was a character.

Yes you have, and I think it's kinda' cool. :)

And, your pop was definitely a hoot!!! :joyfull: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom