The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Anybody care to hazard a guess as to what is medically wrong with that twit Avril Lavigne?

You know, other than being married to Canada's second biggest (sic) ....

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My work FB page is teasing the re-opening of the model homes in January.
This was not my favourite bedroom, but I thought I'd share the pic anyway.

View attachment 76098

Not the master bedroom. Just one of 8 beds that I spent hours staging - including ironing all the brand new sheets and duvet cover and shams.

Can the company you work for give you a little more money, and put a nice colorful picture above the bed (perhaps a nice scenic with some color), and a nice plant on the table, or some colorful flowers? I'd like to see something "alive" in there, and I might like it a little more if some nature was brought into the room. :) Or, if you brought one of your pets along, the customers might also think it's "home". ;)

(I'm sure you put a lot work into this, and it's certainly nicely done; the design is probably perfect for the modern homes you sell.) :happy: Reality check for moi: I'm sure you know the market you're appealing to, and know the best way to showcase these homes. You're a great sales person with these properties and really know the business.

JenniferS

There you go again with elderly abuse! Do I have to report you as a less then caring Canadian. What has happened to all your goodness, sweetness and politeness? Confused bunch of people up there in Oh, Canada, eh!
Not necessarily elder abuse. Lots of people wear othopedic shoes/inserts.

Lots of OLD people. ;)

Actually Son #2 had to wear inserts for 10 years, due to severely pronated feet and ligamentous laxity.

JenniferS

Can the company you work for give you a little more money, and put a nice colorful picture above the bed (perhaps a nice scenic with some color), and a nice plant on the table, or some colorful flowers? I'd like to see something "alive" in there, and I might like it a little more if some nature was brought into the room. :) Or, if you brought one of your pets along, the customers might also think it's "home". ;)

(I'm sure you put a lot work into this, and it's certainly nicely done; the design is probably perfect for the modern homes you sell.) :happy: Reality check for moi: I'm sure you know the market you're appealing to, and know the best way to showcase these homes. You're a great sales person with these properties and really know the business.
I had nothing to do with the decorating or design. We have a professional for that.
I was little more than a char - making beds, fluffing pillows, and steaming drapery until midnight, the day before the grand opening.

Small accessories have to be kept to a minimum in model homes; as they have a bad habit of growing legs and walking. If you know what I mean.

As I said, I didn't actually care for this particular bedroom. It's too maculine and dark for my taste. My tastes run to lighter, more "beachy" colours.
The Boss loves it, however, which is why she chose to feature it on our FB page.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That would be the Our Lady of LaSalette Shrine in Attleboro, Massachusetts. The Christmas display is spectacular! The display - free admission - is open from Thanksgiving until the first week in January.
-T

Yes, that is the place. Have a funny story to share with you about that. Went to a parochial school up to the 8th grade. At the end of the 8th grade school year, the nuns would arrange for a pizza party celebration for the 8th graders. Everyone looked forward to it, as we never really got to do anything fun like that (we had to always bring lunch from home, and all we ever bought at school was milk). So there I was, finally made it to the 8th grade, and was looking forward to a pizza party. :hungry:

Enter a new Mother Superior the year I was in 8th grade. She heard about the pizza party tradition and put an end to it, saying that there were far better ways to commemorate our 8 years in that school. :cautious: She said we'd be the first class to have a religious retreat at the LaSalette Shrine, instead of pizza. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: All the kids were disappointed. Off we went into buses down to the shrine for a whole day of prayer and reflection--and no pizza . . .

The grounds were pretty and all, but I don't think my classmates noticed or cared! :facepalm:

JenniferS

Watching Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, featuring the voice talents of Paul Frees.
I knew I knew the name, so I Googled him. Yowza, that was one talented guy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Frees

FWIW, the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials are the voices of my childhood. Decades later, they hold up as well, if not better, than any other Christmas animation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom