The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SagamoreBeach

Although I've never been there for the Christmas lights display, I know others who have. They said it was spectacular. Years ago, my class went on a field trip to that shrine (in the spring), and the grounds were lovely.
That would be the Our Lady of LaSalette Shrine in Attleboro, Massachusetts. The Christmas display is spectacular! The display - free admission - is open from Thanksgiving until the first week in January.
-T

donaldtoo

If a Christmas party is held in someone's home, then yes, everyone removes their shoes (most likely boots, in December) as a courtesy to the host.
One or two ladies might carry a pair of slippers in their purse; but nobody goes tromping through their own home, or anyone else's with wet, snowy, salt-laden boots.
I get the distinct feeling that you find this country-bumpkin-ish. So be it.

And don't get me started on weddings and buck & does. By the end of the evening, scarcely a single lady is still sporting footwear.

Socks and shoes. Hate 'em. Always have. Always will.

Yep, a Bumpkin I be...!!! :joyfull:
As soon as I get home from work, I plop down at the end of our bed and off come the shoes and socks. After that, other than in obvious situations, I only wear flip flops if I feel I need somethin' to protect the souls of my feet. :)

FutureCEO

Barnstable police say a deer hunter accidentally shot a jogger.

Police are charging 47-year-old Sean Houle of Marstons Mills with several weapons violations.

Rescue crews and police were called to a spot near the airport at about 5 p.m. Monday.

Police say a man was jogging with his dog, when he was shot at by a hunter. The victim was allegedly hit twice with pellets from Houle's black powder shotgun but is expected to recover.

Houle is being held on bail, and is set to be arraigned in Barnstable District Court on Tuesday.

donaldtoo

Yeah, I agree those things are hard to clean.

I remember back in the day in NoCal, it was all the rage to have a decent sized fish tank with a pump, and all. We had angel fish, guppies, etc. Sooo cool...!!! :joyfull:

freshwater-aquarium-fish-pics.jpg

'Til it was time to clean it. :bored:

;) :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I have a really random observation I meant to share weeks ago.

I suspect it's due to all the construction occurring in the parks, MK primarily, but my feet were filthy during our last trip.

I wore the exact same flip flops as last year and the year before, but never before have my tootsies been so dirty.

Despite soaking them in the pool, and/or showering every day - they did not come clean.
I actually had to lather up a facecloth each night, post MK, and SCRUB them.
That's a half dozen cloths that I'm sure went straight into the garbage!

Has anyone else who has travelled to MK since the Hub construction started had the same experience?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
My work FB page is teasing the re-opening of the model homes in January.
This was not my favourite bedroom, but I thought I'd share the pic anyway.

image.jpg

Not the master bedroom. Just one of 8 beds that I spent hours staging - including ironing all the brand new sheets and duvet cover and shams.

Goofyernmost

I suspect it's due to all the construction occurring in the parks, MK primarily, but my feet were filthy during our last trip.

I wore the exact same flip flops as last year and the year before, but never before have my tootsies been so dirty.

Despite soaking them in the pool, and/or showering every day - they did not come clean.

Has anyone else who has travelled to MK since the Hub construction started had the same experience?
No because most of us are cultured enough to wear shoes. But, whatever!

StarWarsGirl

I wear sneakers because of my ankle(s) now, but I didn't notice them being any filthier than normal.

Only time I wore flip flops was when we were going to dinner at Epcot for the evening and walking over and back, as long as I knew it wasn't going to rain. And down to the pool or around the resort.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They got to stay home. I put out plenty of hay in the round bale feeders and we have a heated waterer. There are indoor stalls for them all if the weather gets too bad and a critter sitter stops in a couple times a day!

Oh, that's good to hear that they're home and happy. I got a chuckle out of critter sitter, and then I realized I'd love a job like that! :) I've also wanted to be a dog walker, too. :cat: (Unfortunately, the jobs I'd love to do don't pay nearly what I'm making now, so those two jobs I'll have to pass on, for now anyway.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Barnstable police say a deer hunter accidentally shot a jogger.

Police are charging 47-year-old Sean Houle of Marstons Mills with several weapons violations.

Rescue crews and police were called to a spot near the airport at about 5 p.m. Monday.

Police say a man was jogging with his dog, when he was shot at by a hunter. The victim was allegedly hit twice with pellets from Houle's black powder shotgun but is expected to recover.

Houle is being held on bail, and is set to be arraigned in Barnstable District Court on Tuesday.

More information has been released about the shooter; something's not right with this dude.

He's being charged with unlawful possession of ammunition primer, unlawful possession of another gun that police also found in his trunk, careless use of a firearm causing injury, and also carrying a dangerous weapon after police said they found a spring-loaded knife! So the shooter said he mistook the jogger for a deer . . .

The jogger, who was running with his dog at the time, was furious at the shooter. He told police that the guy was shooting at anything he saw, and the jogger started screaming for the guy to stop shooting, before he finally stopped. Jogger was hit by two bullets and taken to the hospital, but thank God survived. His dog was unharmed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom