The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh I never thought you were disrespectful. I was just saying hospitals have a lot of instances due to people dying there.

Yup, I had an "unexplained" phenomenon happen to me about 12 years ago (I had worked briefly at another hospital, before I got my job at my present hospital). It was in the first week or so, I was walking through the basement where they had about 10 gurneys lined up against the wall. These gurneys (from the Emergency Dept.) were down there for the maintenance department to fix. It was about the third one I walked past, and I got this creepy chill up my spine. I looked at the gurney and it was exactly the same as the others (only thing I noticed was a small white tag underneath--perhaps the name of the manufacturer).

A few days later, I had to pass through the basement, and most of the gurneys were gone--only a few were scattered on both sides of the hallway this time. Once again, out of the blue, I got a creepy chill up my spine and I looked to my right and saw that little white tag underneath just that one gurney only!

Can I explain any of this? No. Did it happen? Yes. :jawdrop:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Hey, @Wrangler-Rick , now that we know you're at WDW, where have you stabled your horses? Are they at Best Friends Pet Care just outside Disney, or are they playing in a corral at Ford Wilderness? :D
They got to stay home. I put out plenty of hay in the round bale feeders and we have a heated waterer. There are indoor stalls for them all if the weather gets too bad and a critter sitter stops in a couple times a day!

FutureCEO

I've never seen it or heard of it, what day is it on?

Showtime usually in late January but as with everything else I'm sure it's online. Usually I force myself to watch the first half of the Super Bowl and then go to Shameless.

Be warned though....very very weird show. If the show was a movie, it would probably be rated R. Mostly set in the south side of Chicago. It's a spin-off a British version of the same name.

FutureCEO

She is a dweller and it made her sad. She was a very accomplished reader and could articulate well in reports so they kept giving that book to her. I flat out told her teacher nope, pick another book this year.

I also did not send her at 11 to the holocaust museum. They didn't do it when my son was in that grade and while I am all for education I don't necessarily believe all that is really meant for an 11 year old. It would keep. I didn't want to get into it with the staff and curriculum. I signed the permission slip and called her in sick that day. We went to High Tea instead. We learned about England instead.

I can''t believe I missed this post but learning about England is very important. I love WWII movies and books. So many things happened which we still do not know about. Gets depressing after a while and I can not force myself to watch some movies (The Boy in the Striped PJ's).

FutureCEO

My theory is the: is there aliens? There has to be! All those worlds with no life? There has to be something out there. Of course, I watch Doctor Who religiously so....well since 2005. Other people have been watching since Doctor Who was created in 1963. I can't watch the old shows and take them seriously.

doctor-who-spoilers-silence-431x300.jpg

This is my favorite alien from Doctor Who. You look at them but turn away and you forget who they are.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

If a Christmas party is held in someone's home, then yes, everyone removes their shoes (most likely boots, in December) as a courtesy to the host.
One or two ladies might carry a pair of slippers in their purse; but nobody goes tromping through their own home, or anyone else's with wet, snowy, salt-laden boots.
I get the distinct feeling that you find this country-bumpkin-ish. So be it.

And don't get me started on weddings and buck & does. By the end of the evening, scarcely a single lady is still sporting footwear.

Socks and shoes. Hate 'em. Always have. Always will.
I guess I'm a bumpkin. :D I prefer to go without shoes period. It's from growing up in the country I guess. I love the feel of grass on my feet. My mom still calls us "Barefoot Sam" when we visit her and kick the shoes off in her mudroom in the summer. :)

MOXOMUMD

Yup, I had an "unexplained" phenomenon happen to me about 12 years ago (I had worked briefly at another hospital, before I got my job at my present hospital). It was in the first week or so, I was walking through the basement where they had about 10 gurneys lined up against the wall. These gurneys (from the Emergency Dept.) were down there for the maintenance department to fix. It was about the third one I walked past, and I got this creepy chill up my spine. I looked at the gurney and it was exactly the same as the others (only thing I noticed was a small white tag underneath--perhaps the name of the manufacturer).

A few days later, I had to pass through the basement, and most of the gurneys were gone--only a few were scattered on both sides of the hallway this time. Once again, out of the blue, I got a creepy chill up my spine and I looked to my right and saw that little white tag underneath just that one gurney only!

When we were very little my sister and I went to the funeral home with my mom to make arrangements for my stepgrandma that had passed. We were in the casket display area and while they talked shop, kids being kids my sister and I went "exploring". Up and down the aisles we went looking in them until we noticed an elderly lady in one not far away. We weren't scared but didn't go any closer. Something made us think to go back to our mom who had picked one out to buy. When we were leaving the showroom we had to pass that casket......which was empty. No one had entered or left that room because we were staring intently at that one casket. My mom just glared at us when we kept asking where did the lady go but the salesman just winked and shrugged. I was five and my sister three but we both remember that to this day. When my dad passed thirty years later we used the same funeral home and we both were looking that that elderly lady. :)

SagamoreBeach

If a restaurant added an EXTRA tip line for anyone other than the server, I wouldn't go back. That really turns me off what they're doing to the patrons of that establishment. The management there needs to pay an appropriate wage. As it is, I, also, tip 20%; that's as far as I'll go.
Went out to eat with some friends and I picked up the tab. One of them offers to leave the tip. I said Okay. I saw him slip soemthing under his saucer but couldn't really see what it was. Just as we step outside I say that I need to use the restroom and go back and see the tip it was a 5 dollar bill! I was mortified since I eat there regularly. I ended up leaving the appropriate amount.
-T

SagamoreBeach

When we were very little my sister and I went to the funeral home with my mom to make arrangements for my stepgrandma that had passed. We were in the casket display area and while they talked shop, kids being kids my sister and I went "exploring". Up and down the aisles we went looking in them until we noticed an elderly lady in one not far away. We weren't scared but didn't go any closer. Something made us think to go back to our mom who had picked one out to buy. When we were leaving the showroom we had to pass that casket......which was empty. No one had entered or left that room because we were staring intently at that one casket. My mom just glared at us when we kept asking where did the lady go but the salesman just winked and shrugged. I was five and my sister three but we both remember that to this day. When my dad passed thirty years later we used the same funeral home and we both were looking that that elderly lady. :)
Great story!

Cesar R M

a creepy ghost pinched your butt! thats my explanation! D:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom