The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We watched. It was a hoot! :)

My DH clicked on the DVR and went to bed. I was putting away 13 loads of folded laundry. Still have 2 loads of white to fold, my usual pattern of not folding whites. By the last 4-5 loads my overall lack of energy was catching up with me and I still need to hit the store for lunchmeat and dinner.

Came home and made spaghetti and garlic bread.

donaldtoo

We love Airplane here too!

Airplane!.jpg

...!!!!! :joyfull: :)

donaldtoo

My DH clicked on the DVR and went to bed. I was putting away 13 loads of folded laundry. Still have 2 loads of white to fold, my usual pattern of not folding whites. By the last 4-5 loads my overall lack of energy was catching up with me and I still need to hit the store for lunchmeat and dinner.

Came home and made spaghetti and garlic bread.

Oh my. I liked your post a bit back, but, didn't notice that last sentence. We had same for dinner, tonight...! :hungry:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Oh Dear. Are you telling me you take your shoes off at functions too? :in pain:
If a Christmas party is held in someone's home, then yes, everyone removes their shoes (most likely boots, in December) as a courtesy to the host.
One or two ladies might carry a pair of slippers in their purse; but nobody goes tromping through their own home, or anyone else's with wet, snowy, salt-laden boots.
I get the distinct feeling that you find this country-bumpkin-ish. So be it.

And don't get me started on weddings and buck & does. By the end of the evening, scarcely a single lady is still sporting footwear.

Socks and shoes. Hate 'em. Always have. Always will.

seahawk7

She is a dweller and it made her sad. She was a very accomplished reader and could articulate well in reports so they kept giving that book to her. I flat out told her teacher nope, pick another book this year.

I also did not send her at 11 to the holocaust museum. They didn't do it when my son was in that grade and while I am all for education I don't necessarily believe all that is really meant for an 11 year old. It would keep. I didn't want to get into it with the staff and curriculum. I signed the permission slip and called her in sick that day. We went to High Tea instead. We learned about England instead.
That is good of you to know what your daughter should stay away from. The Holocaust is an important part of history but it's good, in my opinion, that you decide when and how.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I have just never, ever, experienced anything remotely close to like that. Ever. Maybe, I'm just not in tune, or am shallow, or not enough in touch with my feelings, or whatever, but, somethin' better REALLY make it's presence known to me if I'm going to change my mind.
And, no disrespect to those that believe, I have just never experienced anything like that.
Ditto - to each assertion.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa..!
There's a place called Party Barn Beverages down by the UT campus that you can drive thru for all your adult beverage needs. They'll also deliver kegs, but, nothing less than that. :(
But, there's also several locations of a place called Tiff's Treats that'll deliver cookies and milk. :):)

Oh, I'd love the cookies and milk delivery! That's what I'd call a Fortune 500 business in the making! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Some of them displays are amazing while some are ehhhh. My town is actually in it, couple college kids doing lights, that one is ehhhh...could be better.

I think I saw part of the show you're referring to. There were two guys from R. I. who did a great display together. I thought they did well on a short budget, and considering this was their first collaboration. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom