The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I agree about liking the spooky. I work in hospitals and I can say that I don't meet many people who work with me who don't believe in ghosts. We also don't give much attention to them. We know what areas have more activity. Most of the time the energy is neutral, but I have heard stories about priests being called or crystals being hung.
At one hospital I work at sometimes I used to get really scared of one the rooms where we kept our ventilators. Well one night, we were incubating in the ER and I had to grab a vent. I walked into that room and just said out loud, "I don't have time for you sir."

I have just never, ever, experienced anything remotely close to like that. Ever. Maybe, I'm just not in tune, or am shallow, or not enough in touch with my feelings, or whatever, but, somethin' better REALLY make it's presence known to me if I'm going to change my mind.
And, no disrespect to those that believe, I have just never experienced anything like that.

seahawk7

I have just never, ever, experienced anything remotely close to like that. Ever. Maybe, I'm just not in tune, or am shallow, or not enough in touch with my feelings, or whatever, but, somethin' better REALLY make it's presence known to me if I'm going to change my mind.
And, no disrespect to those that believe, I have just never experienced anything like that.
Oh I never thought you were disrespectful. I was just saying hospitals have a lot of instances due to people dying there.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I dont. I just thought his face was funny so I posted it. I too don't find him funny most of the time and there is no way I will watch one of his movies with my kids. His humor is too sexual and raunchy. It makes me uncomfortable.

My DD keeps a list of movies that she will watch with my DH, same thing, that uncomfortable thing.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can't "like" this. I think one of the best ways to teach children about the hate and extremism of the Nazis is by reading to them or having them read The Diary of Anne Frank. I read it at a young age and it resonated for me. It didn't traumatized me but I understood how awful, I can't find the right words to describe the hate, it was. To give kids toys to play with won't teach them that and it might have them never understand the hate, fear, and disgusting acts.

The first time they gave my DD Anne Frank she was 8. Then, 9, 10, 11 and I put an end to it at 11 years old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom