The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I dont. I just thought his face was funny so I posted it. I too don't find him funny most of the time and there is no way I will watch one of his movies with my kids. His humor is too sexual and raunchy. It makes me uncomfortable.
I agree with you on that.
I honestly groan and facepalm in ANY MOVIE he's in (except where he had to act more decently, like in THE LEGO MOVIE)
In his "normal" movies, he looks way too forced.
But then... its all matter of taste.
I like Monty Python but hate little britain.
Love Leslie Nielsen but hate Will Ferell.

FutureCEO

I didn't see the Discovery thing last night but I did read about it and saw a funny picture from everything. Apparently the guy's arm almost broke or did break from the snake. I don't know but what an idiot! All snakes are evil anyway.

B4TRxEiCYAENE3f.jpg:large

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 75980

17 days until Christmas. :happy:

Awww . . . I love this. Minnie is holding a toy soldier. :joyfull: Reminds me of the nutcracker I've had for many years (my mother gave it to me a long time ago; it's from Germany). What I think is cool about it is that the soldier is actually outfitted like a palace guard at Buckingham Palace. He has the big, black furry hat, and nice soldier's costume painted on. I've never actually used him as a nutcracker, per se, but I've put him out on the Christmas dinner table every year, with the Christmas pine greenery and flowers centerpiece, and 2 tall red candles. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
LL Bean's Duck Boots are the most sought after boot this season, about $140. Back orders on most sizes project delivery dates of March 2015 with over 100,000 people on the waiting list already.

images
images

I've been wearing these way before they were considered cool or trendy. Pretty much, if you grow up in New England, you've had a pair of these at some point. Mine are all black which I far prefer over the two-tone brown ones. They might not be dainty, o_O:rolleyes: but they sure are functional during inclement outdoor weather! Another tidbit is that L L Bean has practically a lifetime warranty on these; I've know people who've sent them back after years of use, and they'd repair them without charge, and send back to the owner. :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I know when a transformer blows up around here it is incredibly loud but has never made the news.

That happened on my street about 8 months ago. A transformer up on the pole went BOOM! and blew up. The electric company workers had to come by an replace it. Those things weigh over 900 pounds! That's why they use a crane truck to hoist them up, while the electric worker pushes it into place, and secures it on the pole.

The electrical worker also mentioned to a neighbor, that these used to be better made with (I think he said, copper or something like that to insulate them), but now the electric company only buys some kind of ceramic? or plastic? inside (cheaper, made in China). If it overloads and overheats, a fire starts inside and the transformer goes BOOM and the power goes out! The neighbor didn't get all the exact detailed facts, but he did say that the transformers are going to be blowing up more frequently now, once the older ones need replacing and they use these newer ones. :banghead:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I didn't see the Discovery thing last night but I did read about it and saw a funny picture from everything. Apparently the guy's arm almost broke or did break from the snake. I don't know but what an idiot! All snakes are evil anyway.

B4TRxEiCYAENE3f.jpg:large

I don't think snakes are evil at all. They're just animals. Having stated that, I still keep as far away from them as possible because I'm never sure which ones are poisonous. But I do understand and respect the fact that they have a place in nature. However, I think that last thing I'd ever want to do (even for a million dollars) is let an anaconda swallow me!! :in pain: :eek: I agree: that guy was an idiot!!

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
That happened on my street about 8 months ago. A transformer up on the pole went BOOM! and blew up. The electric company workers had to come by an replace it. Those things weigh over 900 pounds! That's why they use a crane truck to hoist them up, while the electric worker pushes it into place, and secures it on the pole.

The electrical worker also mentioned to a neighbor, that these used to be better made with (I think he said, copper or something like that to insulate them), but now the electric company only buys some kind of ceramic? or plastic? inside (cheaper, made in China). If it overloads and overheats, a fire starts inside and the transformer goes BOOM and the power goes out! The neighbor didn't get all the exact detailed facts, but he did say that the transformers are going to be blowing up more frequently now, once the older ones need replacing and they use these newer ones. :banghead:
The older ones had copper windings, all the manufacturers have gone to using aluminum windings. Most of the time if you overloaded the copper windings, you might get lucky and it would just blow the fuse. You could let it cool down and put a new fuse in and get the lights back on. The aluminum cores are not so forgiving, they tend to burn out & you have to replace the transformer...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@JenniferS , you may be happy to know that our Christmas tree is from Canada--Nova Scotia, to be precise. The local garden center here owns a tract of land up there, and grows many trees. They then truck them down to MA.

Speaking of Canada, I really like a chef from Montreal that is on the Cooking Channel. His name is Chuck Hughes, and I think he's very funny. :happy: Oh, he's also a great chef. I particularly enjoyed his Christmas show last year, that included his family and relatives, who all came to his apartment for an elegant Christmas dinner.

Goofyernmost

I've been wearing these way before they were considered cool or trendy. Pretty much, if you grow up in New England, you've had a pair of these at some point. Mine are all black which I far prefer over the two-tone brown ones. They might not be dainty, o_O:rolleyes: but they sure are functional during inclement outdoor weather! Another tidbit is that L L Bean has practically a lifetime warranty on these; I've know people who've sent them back after years of use, and they'd repair them without charge, and send back to the owner. :happy:
Yes, I bought a pair over 20 years ago that I still have. (since I don't live in the snow belt anymore they don't get much use. Actually none) I know that I didn't pay over $15.00 for the pair. I love it when that stuff becomes a fad and people give up their first born to be "fashionable". :rolleyes::happy:

MOXOMUMD

Every year about this time, I start stressing out :eek: about how much money I'll need to buy Christmas gifts, while also having enough money to pay the monthly bills. Every year, I tell myself that come January, I'll sign up for one of those Christmas Club accounts at the bank. I'll put in a little money each month, so that by the end of the year, I'll have at least half or more of what I need to buy gifts. Yet, another year has gone by, and I still haven't opened up a Christmas Account . . . :( Obviously, I'm useless. :oops:
You are absolutely not useless. :)

MOXOMUMD

I agree about liking the spooky. I work in hospitals and I can say that I don't meet many people who work with me who don't believe in ghosts. We also don't give much attention to them. We know what areas have more activity. Most of the time the energy is neutral, but I have heard stories about priests being called or crystals being hung.
At one hospital I work at sometimes I used to get really scared of one the rooms where we kept our ventilators. Well one night, we were incubating in the ER and I had to grab a vent. I walked into that room and just said out loud, "I don't have time for you sir."
Sometimes it takes an "experience" to make a believer. I had my first when I was little and have believed ever since. Now the chance that aliens may one day come to Earth scares the carp out of me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom