The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Here are a couple from Austin that look like they'd make great Haunted Mansions... ;) :)

22035948.jpg

8624bc603a78f9b36950983fef5ab148.jpg

So many still standing in NOLA Garden district. Porches and railings remind me a bit of Disney FQ

Gabe1

So, I'm channel surfin', and I come across a show called "Toy Hunter" on the Travel Channel. The guy starts out at a place called "Wonko's Toys & Games", in a shopping center about a mile away from us. When I worked at the seasonal calendar and game place, those few years, we used hand out their business cards and send folks there for some of the more obscure and collectible stuff we didn't carry. :)

Oh Boy, the calendar store, the mind boggling hours, days, weeks, months ya spent there. :confused:

seahawk7

So, I'm channel surfin', and I come across a show called "Toy Hunter" on the Travel Channel. The guy starts out at a place called "Wonko's Toys & Games", in a shopping center about a mile away from us. When I worked at the seasonal calendar and game place, those few years, we used hand out their business cards and send folks there for some of the more obscure and collectible stuff we didn't carry. :)
I thought you said channeling surfing! I didn't know what that was but I imagined you hugging a surf board with your eyes closed.

seahawk7

Work for the hired help? Lots of time close friends or family have their own rooms and stuff, nanny's....

Look at Elin, Tiger's Ex has a house here and near her homeland.

Elin nordegren-Woods bought and demolished a 12M house and the rebuild was about
18k1beavgafxwjpg.jpg

rebuilt almost the same
elin_final_house.jpg

1413592328681_wps_19_EXCLUSIVE_Elin_Nordegren_.jpg

1413592360725_wps_20_EXCLUSIVE_Elin_Nordegren_.jpg
\
And moved in a few months ago after graduating college earlier this year.
1413592398880_wps_21_ORLANDO_FL_MAY_10_In_this.jpg

And then she bought a Paparazzi free house with several guest houses on an island that is a 2 hour ferry ride from Stockholm

sweden_12_12_09_tiger_woods_estate3.jpg

sweden_12_12_09_tiger_woods_estate2.jpg
Good for her. I always liked her and the way she handles herself.

seahawk7

My Sister has desperate people pounding on her door in the middle of the night often enough. It was once a safe house for women fleeing abusive relationships often with children in tow. The secret safehouse moved a few blocks away.
Do they get mad at her when she tells them they have the wrong house?

Gabe1

FWIW - I notice her $12 mill tear-down has immediate neighbours on each side.

Yep, what separates the less sought after architects and builders from the coveted, talented ones. When peeps have money they know how to design it right, that is one nice sized parcel not how many homes can be squished into a acre home.

Just like Disney hiding the infrastructure and back stage areas Elin's architects and builders imagineered mature landscaping into the design so nobody could see the properties on either side much like the other homes on the water front with lots and lots of green both up front of the house and from behind. Don't see that in McMansion subdivisions. This was well thought out and designed for privacy. Don't see this much in new builds anymore. The Monorail station is not far off from the Jungle Cruise but through the imagineering of great architects you would never know it was right there.

images

StarWarsGirl

My DH has always been that way with his cars.
He's that way with his Buick too. He and my mom had me pull it out of the garage a few weeks ago. Bot had been working out in the yard and didn't want to get the interior dirty. I've been licensed for almost three years now, but the way my dad was acting, you would have thought it were my first day. I thought he was going to have a heart attack.

Today with the computer, it was "all screwed up" because of something I did to it, according to my dad at least. In reality, the only program that's not working is Internet Explorer, and it's because of a toolbar he's using (I determined this later). He won't uninstall the toolbar, he won't try using another browser, and somehow, this is still all my fault. And he's complaining about the fact that I've had to use his computer at all. My mom, thankfully, is on my side about all of this. So I will continue using his computer until mine gets here. Which is not soon enough.

Gabe1

He's that way with his Buick too. He and my mom had me pull it out of the garage a few weeks ago. Bot had been working out in the yard and didn't want to get the interior dirty. I've been licensed for almost three years now, but the way my dad was acting, you would have thought it were my first day. I thought he was going to have a heart attack.

Today with the computer, it was "all screwed up" because of something I did to it, according to my dad at least. In reality, the only program that's not working is Internet Explorer, and it's because of a toolbar he's using (I determined this later). He won't uninstall the toolbar, he won't try using another browser, and somehow, this is still all my fault. And he's complaining about the fact that I've had to use his computer at all. My mom, thankfully, is on my side about all of this. So I will continue using his computer until mine gets here. Which is not soon enough.

My Dad when I have to drive him home from a hospital or something still tells me how to drive, foot by foot. I stopped the car once in a hospital lot and asked him if he would be more comfortable in the hospital transport van? He shut up.

Oh my goodness, he is around my age but he acts like my Dad with their desktop. He too won't move away from Internet Explorer and it isn't being supported any longer. His dang toolbar and icons. He kept deleting any icons my Mom used or moved things around on purpose and by accident and then always replied I didn't touch anything.

My DD went onto the computer and locked everything down once she restored everything so nothing could be moved or deleted. (she could but he'd never ever figure it out) A little while later I peeked into the office and saw him trying to fix what she had done, Icons would vibrate and remain. I so wanted to laugh. Gotcha!

Cesar R M

I've never had an issue with ghost stuff. I absolutely loved the Haunted Mansion from the first time I rode it at Disneyland in '69 when I was seven...! :)
oh I dont mind fake haunted houses, but true ones.. dunno, really gets me.

Funny thing, usual horror with gore and that.. hardly scares me.
but ones that use imagination a lot.. they really get me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom