The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Haunted hotel anyone?

ri-newport-viking-54.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I was happy that I woke up at 7 and stayed awake because I don't like to sleep away Sunday morning which is exactly what I tend to do. Well I fell asleep during the early football games and just woke up. :(

Shows how tired you really are. I hate sleeping my days away too. On Friday I took an hour nap, I don't nap, being sicko does that to ya.

Cesar R M

Shipping from your hometown to a former place you lived (well, kind of, I don't live in the city).

I'm just glad that it's not shipping put of someplace obscure like California. That package took a week to get here. And the one out of Phoenix took two days from the day it shipped. o_O
Weird, I usually have very good luck when purchasing stuff in the US.
I once ordered something to be delivered exactly in time to to an hotel. So I could get it (my camera) in time for a convention.
And it did, What a relief honestly! XD

Cesar R M

Work for the hired help? Lots of time close friends or family have their own rooms and stuff, nanny's....

Look at Elin, Tiger's Ex has a house here and near her homeland.

Elin nordegren-Woods bought and demolished a 12M house and the rebuild was about
18k1beavgafxwjpg.jpg

rebuilt almost the same
elin_final_house.jpg

1413592328681_wps_19_EXCLUSIVE_Elin_Nordegren_.jpg

1413592360725_wps_20_EXCLUSIVE_Elin_Nordegren_.jpg
\
And moved in a few months ago after graduating college earlier this year.
1413592398880_wps_21_ORLANDO_FL_MAY_10_In_this.jpg

And then she bought a Paparazzi free house with several guest houses on an island that is a 2 hour ferry ride from Stockholm

sweden_12_12_09_tiger_woods_estate3.jpg

sweden_12_12_09_tiger_woods_estate2.jpg

Well, she has money to burn...
good for her XD

StarWarsGirl

Does someone need to be home to sign for it. I always have to sign for laptop, tablets and iPhones.
Not sure, but tomorrow is my last final, so I'll be home the rest of the week. We'll keep an eye on the tracking and make sure that someone is home for it. Even if we don't have to sign for it, we would want someone to be home. We don't want it sitting on the front porch.

StarWarsGirl

Weird, I usually have very good luck when purchasing stuff in the US.
I once ordered something to be delivered exactly in time to to an hotel. So I could get it (my camera) in time for a convention.
And it did, What a relief honestly! XD
It was actually on time. They predicted it would be delivered on Saturday. It was. Just takes a while when coming coast to coast on UPS ground shipping

I'm wishing that I had had my laptop delivered via 2 day shipping. My dad is ultra possessive of his computer.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think the most scary part is how the house is built like a Maze.
This is AltgeldHall at University IL Urbana Champaign built in 1896. It was first a library then law building now the Mathematics building.

It looks normal from the outside however inside it is like a mathematical maze puzzle. Hallways come to dead ends. Floors can actually be on different levels that do not connect, you have to actually enter correct doors. At the end of the maze at the lowest level is a US Post Office that too many cannot find. It is a very creepy old building inside. My DD had the majority of her major courses in this landmark building that has so many spooky stories about it, including the bell tower that manually still chimes every quarter hour. The building is due to go down for rehab in a year to bring it to ADA compliance.

Can't wait to see how they pull that off. FYI, looking for a career, the women who has this job will be retiring in the near future.
7dfda5f845a486d05b52e089c5c2f2a7.jpg

images
images

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom