The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Very cool, and glad y'all had a great time! :)

Sounds similar to a community here, that is mainly supported/sponsored by Mobile Loaves & Fishes. They raise their own animals for meat, eggs, milk. Grow their own produce, etc. They live in one of 3 types of homes...a tent-like dwelling, a refurbished 5th wheel trailer, or a more house-like structure.
Our firm is volunteering to help build one of the house-like structures during a weekend shortly after the new year. :)

I'll pull up some of it tomorrow, it is an amazing place that just keeps getting better.

FullHitchSpring.jpg

highwood-pumpkin-fest-570x209.jpg

donaldtoo

In other news, I am fumming.
I tough I had sold one lens finally.. and the guy backed up .. TWICE, despite offering a price reduction(that he accepted).

To resume.
I put a lens on ebay for sell.. guy from CA buys it.
then complains the shipping is too high (did he even read the shipping info in my listing???) :bored:
Then I offer to reduce the rate by 10 USD so it could be in his reach.
He accepted again and was expecting him to pay this time.
Nope.. 3 hours later. he complains the "exchange rate is too high" and wants to cancel again. :mad:
Srly??
Why commit if he's just going to cancel ?.. TWICE.
:banghead:

And thanks to the dumb "allotments" system that ebay has (aka, you cant sell more than 500 USD per month for accounts that haven't sold things before)
I have lost all my capacity to sell for this month, because this person used 240 USD x 2 allotments, both of which were cancelled.

To resume, for ebay it doesn't matter if they buy and then they cancel. It still takes the allotment and will not let you relist products that did not sell.

Also the supposed "counter of sold products" still go up, regardless if the products were not lost.
My counter says 1800+ USD! and I haven't sold a thing!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sympathy "like".
Yow, that s**ks.

donaldtoo

But by golly, model homes work.
Elsewise, Builders would not spend $100,000 plus per model to stage them.
All of those home improvement/makeover shows have set the bar very high.

As to the modern designs, I was not impressed at first, but they sure have grown on me.
Colour me jaded from 25+ years of "traditional" designs. Apparently the public agrees, as I mentioned the modern elevations are outselling the traditional facades. In this price range, anyway.

Yep, ditto here, on the modern being preferred.

StarWarsGirl

I was okay with Elle Fanning, though. She brought just the right measure of innocence and naivete, without being cloying.
Who could you see in this role as a better substitute?
To me, I think what bothered me the most was that she was 14 when they shot the film, the character was supposed to be 16, and she just looked and acted 14. I think they would have been better off going with an older actress, like her sister Dakota or AnnaSophia Robb probably would have been better than her. Both would have been 18 at the time and both are better actresses.

seahawk7

I have one actual in class final on Monday. I have a paper due Thursday and an online test due Friday. My other two classes had papers and presentations in place of a final and finished this week.
Light at the end of the tunnel. My daughter also finishes her semester this week and she promises to watch Moonstruck with me.
Good luck on your finals/papers.

donaldtoo

View attachment 75916 View attachment 75917 View attachment 75914 View attachment 75915 View attachment 75916 I grew up in a Queen Anne Victorian home built just after the Civil War. Four floors, 28 rooms. When we played hide and seek, it was hide and hope someone finds you. :joyfull: A majority of the houses around me were built just at the turn of the century and are still thriving with life. Found some examples since some may not be familiar.

View attachment 75914 View attachment 75915 View attachment 75916

Love it! Another style that is not my favorite, but, one I very much appreciate. So very much love the massing and details...! :)

StarWarsGirl

Light at the end of the tunnel. My daughter also finishes her semester this week and she promises to watch Moonstruck with me.
Good luck on your finals/papers.
Thanks

I'm doing a Star Wars marathon once everything is done.

My mom and I are also going to watch Thor. We recorded it. I've seen it before and liked it, so I flipped it on for a second the other night while I was searching for something else to watch. Well, when I flipped it on, Thor had his shirt off, so we ended up watching it, and that led to us watching the rest. We're going to watch the whole thing once finals are done. My mom doesn't normally go for superhero movies, but as she put it "he's too darn handsome.":hilarious:

seahawk7

Thanks

I'm doing a Star Wars marathon once everything is done.

My mom and I are also going to watch Thor. We recorded it. I've seen it before and liked it, so I flipped it on for a second the other night while I was searching for something else to watch. Well, when I flipped it on, Thor had his shirt off, so we ended up watching it, and that led to us watching the rest. We're going to watch the whole thing once finals are done. My mom doesn't normally go for superhero movies, but as she put it "he's too darn handsome.":hilarious:
Yes he is! My daughter likes movies like My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Fried Green Tomatoes so I thought she would like Moonstruck. I think it's nice you have movie time with your mom.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sounds similar to what I use.
I usually use milk to dilute the condenced mushroom cream/soup. Add a touch of butter and spices, then pan the meat until its sealed (broiling hot) then into the mix.

also, 7 -8 hours? that a lot!

A crock pot is also referred to as a slow cooker. The recipe called for 7-8 hours, but that's because it was on the low heat setting. (There was another option for 3-4 hours, on high heat, but I generally prefer the longer, lower heat setting for most recipes.) By the way, it came out delicious with practically no effort on my part at all! :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I usually am following along with one or two trip reports a week. Some of these members can write quite a story.

It's so hard to find the time to keep up with the trip reports threads, but once in a while, I venture over there to browse. The most recent one I followed was Cesar's cruise, and that was great. The other one that stands out in my mind (over a year ago) was Fractal's trip with his family (they stayed at the Polynesian, well before the construction, or should I say, destruction of the hotel, and shacks on the water). Again, I wish I had more time to read some of the other reports.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We cannot build a home without a basement here, against zoning laws.

I know nothing about zoning or buildings, but I was wondering if basements were required because of the seasonal tornado warnings, etc., in your part of the country? Is a basement considered a safety feature, for example?

Edit: Never mind. I just now read your reply to Cesar about basements. (There's no delete button in the Chit Chat threads, as I would have deleted my post after reading your reply to him.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom