The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

05dba8e78283286c7c2292073f4a4d2d.jpg 0035f0ac9cc4d8d4bad6ce6036fe091f.jpg 5.5.10-Second-Empire-Victorian-copy(1).jpg 409bf16ccc5ab576e3d1df7cb9bd2302.jpg 05dba8e78283286c7c2292073f4a4d2d.jpg I grew up in a Queen Anne Victorian home built just after the Civil War. Four floors, 28 rooms. When we played hide and seek, it was hide and hope someone finds you. :joyfull: A majority of the houses around me were built just at the turn of the century and are still thriving with life. Found some examples since some may not be familiar.

5.5.10-Second-Empire-Victorian-copy(1).jpg 409bf16ccc5ab576e3d1df7cb9bd2302.jpg 05dba8e78283286c7c2292073f4a4d2d.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
1 million? D:
400,000 USD in my country will get you even bigger houses than that o_O
and in some cases, beachfront.

Just depends on the region. NYC you will get a closet for $400,000. Go north of me or south of me and you'll get twice the home for the dollar. It is also the parcels. Donalds homes need lots of land, Jennifers don't, the parcel my house sits on we could squish 4 Jennifer homes on but likely Donalds homes would need to parcels.

Now if you look carefully at a few of the photos we have all posted, we cannot use concrete as a finished outside material for homes. Brick must be all face brick. We can use stone but not poured concrete as the exterior. 100% of our interior pipes must be copper except for plumbing leaving toilets, no galvanized or plastic. The wood under our roofs must be solid wood boards, no pressed or plywood. So depending on the cost of land, cost of building materials and labor costs the price of homes greatly vary in the US. My neighbor that just moved to Ohio just had a 3 bedroom ranch built with a basement and attached 2 car garage, fenced backed yard. Land 1/4 acre, $25,000 built home w/appliances for $100,000. Nice new home for $125,000. In my town you can't even buy the land that small for under $250-300,000. It is all relevant. In NYC $400,000 will likely at best get you a very small flat. My niece in Lincoln Park Chicago just bought a 2 bedroom condo with one parking spot and it was $500,000

Gabe1

View attachment 75916 View attachment 75917 View attachment 75914 View attachment 75915 View attachment 75916 I grew up in a Queen Anne Victorian home built just after the Civil War. Four floors, 28 rooms. When we played hide and seek, it was hide and hope someone finds you. :joyfull: A majority of the houses around me were built just at the turn of the century and are still thriving with life. Found some examples since some may not be familiar.

View attachment 75914 View attachment 75915 View attachment 75916

Beautiful! We have some beautiful homes very similar in our historical district that have been fully modernized and restored. Love 'em. :happy:

Gabe1

Since my Maleficent Blue Ray/DVD came today, I finally watched it.

Not on Blue Ray; my dad takes over the TV with the Blue Ray player this time of night

And not on DVD, since I have no laptop and was kind enough not to steal my brother's.

Nope. Had to use the digital copy and watch it on my smaller tablet (the 7 inch one). Not ideal, but okay.

As for the movie, I really enjoyed it. I'll probably watch it again once I'm done with school on Blue Ray. The only thing I really didn't like was Elle Fanning as Aurora. I think they could have picked a better actress. But Angelina Jolie more than made up for it.

When are your finals over?

seahawk7

eww fungus
office-quotes-deep-meaningful-sayings-talk.jpg

donaldtoo

Yes Sir, in that order. I woke up deeming myself well mainly because my DD and I had plans for months. There is a major Charity craft fair in Chicago NW suburbs we attend. It is Lambs Farms Christmas Craft fair. They are adults of all ages that are challenged and cannot live on their own. They live at Lambs Farm, which does have a working farm but it evolved over the decades. The residents all have jobs on the property, from animals to meal prep, to making jams and baking. They are like one mega family on a sprawling parcel of land. Everyone is happy and productive. The fair outgrew their own abilities and is now held at a horse race track, as we don't race horses in the winter a perfect venue indoors. 3 mega floors of crafters, so much fun. So by golly I was well and we went. And yes I am paying for it. No regrets. :happy:

Very cool, and glad y'all had a great time! :)

Sounds similar to a community here, that is mainly supported/sponsored by Mobile Loaves & Fishes. They raise their own animals for meat, eggs, milk. Grow their own produce, etc. They live in one of 3 types of homes...a tent-like dwelling, a refurbished 5th wheel trailer, or a more house-like structure.
Our firm is volunteering to help build one of the house-like structures during a weekend shortly after the new year. :)

seahawk7

In other news, I am fumming.
I tough I had sold one lens finally.. and the guy backed up .. TWICE, despite offering a price reduction(that he accepted).

To resume.
I put a lens on ebay for sell.. guy from CA buys it.
then complains the shipping is too high (did he even read the shipping info in my listing???) :bored:
Then I offer to reduce the rate by 10 USD so it could be in his reach.
He accepted again and was expecting him to pay this time.
Nope.. 3 hours later. he complains the "exchange rate is too high" and wants to cancel again. :mad:
Srly??
Why commit if he's just going to cancel ?.. TWICE.
:banghead:

And thanks to the dumb "allotments" system that ebay has (aka, you cant sell more than 500 USD per month for accounts that haven't sold things before)
I have lost all my capacity to sell for this month, because this person used 240 USD x 2 allotments, both of which were cancelled.

To resume, for ebay it doesn't matter if they buy and then they cancel. It still takes the allotment and will not let you relist products that did not sell.

Also the supposed "counter of sold products" still go up, regardless if the products were not lost.
My counter says 1800+ USD! and I haven't sold a thing!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sorry. Wishing you better luck.

seahawk7

I told you Angelina was amazing!

I was okay with Elle Fanning, though. She brought just the right measure of innocence and naivete, without being cloying.
Who could you see in this role as a better substitute?

I feel exactly this way about Julia Roberts in Notting Hill. Just want to smack her. But I can't think who else could have played Anna Scott.
How about Rachel Weisz? I'm serious.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom