The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I wanted to give a "like" to the modern homes pictures you posted (although I do appreciate you taking the time to post them, as well as the thoughts that you shared), but I couldn't click the like button. It's difficult for me to wrap my head around a "home" that's super modern; because I don't find it warm and inviting, such as an older home with wood accents, etc. I can respect the creative work that architects and designers do in coming up with new ideas and concepts for home living. But, I'm old fashioned, and those newer styles almost seem more like modern museums or resort rooms.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get water from the well, and add firewood to the wood stove . . . :p

Hahaaa...!
Yes, as I posted, it's not my favorite style either, but, they really are fun to design, 'cause the clients are paying a lot of money and they tend to really let us go on the funky-fresh creativity. :)

Although, the modern is probably more than half of the design we do these days, we definitely do other styles.
And, Good grief, this was very hard to narrow down, so as not to completely overload on the pics... :confused:

01-4400-island-cove-elev-ne.jpg

09-4400-island-cove-night-p.jpg

lake-residence-cover.jpg

dsc_0049-hdr4.jpg

dsc_0109-hdr3.jpg

dsc_0184_5_6edit.jpg

kaneranch-43.jpg

dsc_0721-hdr2.jpg

dsc_0505-hdr4.jpg

05-new-austin-parade-courty.jpg

03-new-austin-patio.jpg

16-newaustinparade_masterba.jpg

22new-austin-study.jpg

05-new-austin-parade-pool3.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My dad's reaction when he read the lawsuit

Note: He is a parent of a child on the autism spectrum and he is a lawyer who primarily does civil lawsuits.

He laughed and walked out of the room.

Yep, he does seem to be a realist. My Sis, also an attorney is mildly amused too...the Segway lawsuits had more merit for ADA compliance and we all know how that turned out.

Gabe1

Hahaaa...!
Yes, as I posted, it's not my favorite style either, but, they really are fun to design, 'cause the clients are paying a lot of money and they tend to really let us go on the funky-fresh creativity. :)

Although, the modern is probably more than half of the design we do these days, we definitely do other styles.
And, Good grief, this was very hard to narrow down, so as not to completely overload on the pics... :confused:

lake-residence-cover.jpg

dsc_0049-hdr4.jpg

dsc_0109-hdr3.jpg

dsc_0184_5_6edit.jpg

kaneranch-43.jpg

dsc_0721-hdr2.jpg

dsc_0505-hdr4.jpg

03-new-austin-patio.jpg

22new-austin-study.jpg

Now those are lovely, amazing homes!

Gabe1

Fun in the "snow"...! :)

View attachment 75903

And, Santa and Mrs. Claus heading to their "sleigh" at the end of the night...! :)

View attachment 75904

The event was a huge success. There were about twice as many attendees as last year, and it looks like they raised a whole lot more funds!:)

Thank you! It is great to see everyone having fun in the snow, especially without coats.

Cesar R M

Hahaaa...!

lake-residence-cover.jpg

dsc_0049-hdr4.jpg

dsc_0109-hdr3.jpg

dsc_0184_5_6edit.jpg

kaneranch-43.jpg

dsc_0721-hdr2.jpg

dsc_0505-hdr4.jpg

03-new-austin-patio.jpg

22new-austin-study.jpg

YEEES.. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! I love these kind of houses.. first and the last ones.. dream houses for me!!!

Now, for the most important part.. how to win the lotto to build them!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
1 million? D:
400,000 USD in my country will get you even bigger houses than that o_O
and in some cases, beachfront.
$400,000 USD in Brampton (forget the better parts of the GTA) will get you a 16'-18' single garage, freehold townhome. Maybe. On a good day.

Gabe1

what are these zoning laws for? basements wise I mean.
security? or ?

Climate. All of the sewer and water pipes along with natural gas run deep underground so the ground under them doesn't expand and burst or crack the pipes. We can't have concrete slab houses as the ground expands over winter and it will crack and become unlevel. Also first choice of space during Tornado warnings.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Since my Maleficent Blue Ray/DVD came today, I finally watched it.

Not on Blue Ray; my dad takes over the TV with the Blue Ray player this time of night

And not on DVD, since I have no laptop and was kind enough not to steal my brother's.

Nope. Had to use the digital copy and watch it on my smaller tablet (the 7 inch one). Not ideal, but okay.

As for the movie, I really enjoyed it. I'll probably watch it again once I'm done with school on Blue Ray. The only thing I really didn't like was Elle Fanning as Aurora. I think they could have picked a better actress. But Angelina Jolie more than made up for it.

donaldtoo

Logging off here in a minute, but first: I think crock pots are the best thing to come down the pike in a long time. I mean, you don't even have to be a good cook, and you can have delicious meals quite easily.

Found an "easy" (my favorite ;)) recipe online for thin pork chops. I wasn't sure if you're supposed to get the kind with the bone on them or not, so I got the boneless ones. Then all you have to do is put a can of condensed mushroom soup and condensed chicken soup in the pot, and stir in one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch (dry) powder mix. Throw in the pork chops. (Oh, I even threw in some cut-up mushrooms as well--recipe didn't call for them, but I figure Emeril would do something like that, right? :D) Cook on low for 7-8 hours. It smells really good so far!! It's got about an hour more to go.

I also bought some brown rice, and a small bag of baby carrots. (Sometimes, I just really impress the heck out of myself, you know?! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: )

Yep, crock pots are definitely not a "crock"...! ;) :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Since my Maleficent Blue Ray/DVD came today, I finally watched it.

Not on Blue Ray; my dad takes over the TV with the Blue Ray player this time of night

And not on DVD, since I have no laptop and was kind enough not to steal my brother's.

Nope. Had to use the digital copy and watch it on my smaller tablet (the 7 inch one). Not ideal, but okay.

As for the movie, I really enjoyed it. I'll probably watch it again once I'm done with school on Blue Ray. The only thing I really didn't like was Elle Fanning as Aurora. I think they could have picked a better actress. But Angelina Jolie more than made up for it.
I told you Angelina was amazing!

I was okay with Elle Fanning, though. She brought just the right measure of innocence and naivete, without being cloying.
Who could you see in this role as a better substitute?

I feel exactly this way about Julia Roberts in Notting Hill. Just want to smack her. But I can't think who else could have played Anna Scott.

donaldtoo

Yeah don't like them either.:( The pool is pretty though. The unattractive floors, the commercial windows, the office furnishings, nothing 'homey.' There have been so many of the homes you have designed that I loved over the years that screamed home, these just not so much to me. Now go find me that one with the look out-hide-out tower and I'm moving in!

Unfortunately, that project is on an indefinite hold. The clients, in Louisiana, apparently ran into some financial difficulties. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom